What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Oregon is just unbelievably good on the road. Yet again. The flipside is they are vulnerable at home. Very, very weird team.

KU won at Texas.
AFA dominated Boise State. (This one surprised me.)
Zona rolled ASU in the 2nd half to win by 17.
Oregon won at UCLA.

In other action:
Syracuse won a great game over Louisville.
Wichita State took out Creighton. Go Shockers!

Oregon's road prowess makes me jealous. Then again, they likely say the same about CU on neutral courts. Just ****ing win tonight, CU.

We've been so pathetic on the road that we aren't even trusted to beat the 173rd team in the country. RealtimeRPI predicts a 72-71 loss and gives CU a 46% chance of winning.

ugh. Well...idiot abroad 3 debuts tonight. Should be funny.

KU won at Texas.
AFA dominated Boise State. (This one surprised me.)
Zona rolled ASU in the 2nd half to win by 17.
Oregon won at UCLA.

In other action:
Syracuse won a great game over Louisville.
Wichita State took out Creighton. Go Shockers!

Florida kicked Mizzou's ass, 83-52. I'm telling you right now, this Florida team has a good chance to win it all. Their defense is just incredibly good (3rd in the nation in points allowed), but the kicker is their offense is incredibly good. So basically, they're just ****ing amazing. I still see Arizona's home win over them by 1 as a bit of a fluke. Sorry. Mizzou is still solid this year, but I wonder about their long term viability under Frank Haith and assistants like Dave Leitao. That's a group of losers, to be blunt. Miami undoubtedly came out ahead in losing Haith and getting Jim Laranaga. Laranaga is the real deal, and should have been coaching major college basketball long, long ago. It's no coincidence Miami is 4-0 in the ACC and will make the NCAA Tournament.

UVA beat Florida State 56-36. Florida State is the biggest enigma in college basketball. UVA's defense is absolutely stifling (2nd in the nation in points allowed -- might be 1st after tonight). I literally shudder to think what they would do to CU if we faced them on the road with our current dysfunction. Booker versus the Bennett Pack-line D? No thank you.

Stanford beat Cal by 10. Neither team looked overly impressive.

Definite "meh" game between two teams that look like they'll need luck to make the NIT. (Not that I necessarily feel much room to talk sitting here 1-4, but our RPI is still 22nd...)

Yeah, that was bad.

Our mtw foes had a pretty good day, csu and Wyoming winning at home against pretty big opponents. They are now second and third in their conference

Magical night in Hinkle Fieldhouse. One of the top venues in college basketball.

We're seeing the end of the Robinson era play out at Oregon State. Lose 69-68 at USC to fall to 0-5. The road can be brutal. It's not today's loss specifically...it's that they're 0-5 and have lost at home 3 times in Pac-12 play already this season. That's a hole that's difficult to dig out of.

8 minutes left, Utah with a 15 point lead. Having one of those nights where shots just fall. Also tearing apart that UW defense in spurts.

8 minutes left, Utah with a 15 point lead. Having one of those nights where shots just fall. Also tearing apart that UW defense in spurts.

Washington is Florida State. Capable of losing or beating anybody. Even though we lost, I didn't exactly come away impressed with Washington.

Big wins for both CSU and Wyoming today.

CSU wins 66-61 against UNLV at Moby. CSU doing exactly what they did last year: protecting home court and thus doing enough to be a tournament team. CSU now 15-3 (2-1)

Wyoming won 58-45 in Laramie over #15 San Diego State. Nothing is a given for Wyoming despite their gaudy record, because the vast majority has been feasting on the weakest of the weak. Still, they now have victories over SDSU and CU and improved to 15-2 (2-2). They held SDSU to 9, yes 9. At halftime. Holding the #15 ranked team in the country to 9 at halftime is highly impressive.

Always knew Washington was going to drop. Just going to happen sooner than expected. They have @Oregon, Arizona, @UCLA, Oregon and @ Arizona in the next month. And they still have UCLA again after that.

the top 3 and bottom 3 of the Pac has settled in for the long haul, IMO. CU will rise up (currently technically 9th), USC will fall (currently 6th). And Washington, Stanford, Cal and Arizona State will hover around the middle where they currently are. Most likely finish is the order I have them listed, iMO, but Washington's remaining schedule is absolutely brutal so it's possible they could really fall down big time.

It is not the best year to be a young team in the PAC 12. It seems like everyone remembers us hoisting the trophey last year and we are getting their best shot.

Last edited:
It is not the best year to be a young team in the PAC 12. It seems like everyone remembers us hoisting the trophey last year and we are getting their best shot.
That's mostly because we as fans like to remind everyone that we hoisted the trophy last year lol.

Monday is the day Baylor needs to step up for us. Hosting Okie Lite at 3:30 on ESPN.

Only game of direct interest to us tonight is Kansas @ KSU.

Otherwise, it's just a night of cheering for bubble teams to get beat.

KU got a nice win last night.

Tonight, we've got Dayton hosting Fordham (and up by 20 late in the 1st).

CSU is at #15 New Mexico

Fresno State @ Boise State

Air Force hosts New Orleans (which seems to be considered a D1 program again)

In Pac-12 action, we have:

Wazzu @ #16 Oregon

Washington @ Oregon State (does UDub bounce back or do they let Utah beat them twice?)

Back