What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado @ USC

I am not.

Losing teams score a LOT in garbage time. Why is that somehow okay (or even commendable) but the winning team just has to stop at an arbitrary point in time?

One side is definitely arguing in bad faith.
You were. He explicitly said scoring at the end, not running their offense.

Why is the losing team scoring somehow okay??? If you need that explained to you then Idk what to tell you.

And no, I don't care or think it was classless that USC scored at the end

You were. He explicitly said scoring at the end, not running their offense.

Why is the losing team scoring somehow okay??? If you need that explained to you then Idk what to tell you.

And no, I don't care or think it was classless that USC scored at the end

He is arguing they can run their offense until an arbitrary point in time. How is that a good faith argument?

will ferrell gator GIF

Much like the pimp game, you just can’t have feelings in the world of big-time college athletics.

He is arguing they can run their offense until an arbitrary point in time. How is that a good faith argument?
You misconstrued what he said, that's bad faith. He thinks scoring with 30 seconds left on the clock is classless. You may think it's arbitrary, but he doesn't. He's not trying to deceive you he just thinks there should be a point when the offense kneels to end the game instead of prolonging the inevitable. Put it another way, had USC been at the 50 with 5 seconds on the clock and ran a flea flicker that went for 6....i think most here would have a different opinion and say it was classless, I know I would

You misconstrued what he said, that's bad faith. He thinks scoring with 30 seconds left on the clock is classless. You may think it's arbitrary, but he doesn't. He's not trying to deceive you he just thinks there should be a point when the offense kneels to end the game instead of prolonging the inevitable. Put it another way, had USC been at the 50 with 5 seconds on the clock and ran a flea flicker that went for 6....i think most here would have a different opinion and say it was classless, I know I would

Not classless, just stupid. Never use trick plays late against an inferior opponent.

I’m calling BS on the “if you can’t stop us, too bad, it’s on you” philosophy. I’d say more coaches take a knee in those situations than try to pad stats.
You’d be surprised. Everyone gets a trophy culture has initiated a backlash in recent years. The staffs I’ve been on have always believed in running the most basic formations and basic plays down the stretch and if you don’t see what we’re doing and can’t stop it and cry about it either way you need to find a new profession.

To reiterate, I said I don’t have an issue with a team continuing to run their offense and score in a route. What I have an issue with is running trick plays and trying to score at the end of a game during a route when you can run the clock out and not turn the ball over on downs.

Now you people are misrepresenting what I am arguing by making it as if I’m saying a team should shut it down in the third quarter of a route.

To reiterate, I said I don’t have an issue with a team continuing to run their offense and score in a route. What I have an issue with is running trick plays and trying to score at the end of a game during a route when you can run the clock out and not turn the ball over on downs.

Now you people are misrepresenting what I am arguing by making it as if I’m saying a team should shut it down in the third quarter of a route.
Nobody is misrepresenting your position. Your argument creates a capricious standard for teams that doesn’t make sense. I can’t believe an old foagie likes orange slice culture.

• Haha
Reactions: DBT
Holy ****ing ****. They ran a trick two point conversion up 23 with 5 mins left in the third quarter. Hardly rubbing it in or being disrespectful.
That’s a no-no according to some. And, forbid, he wanted teams to see that fake to set up something later against another team. Just a rude, classless individual.

It was also to make it a 24 point game instead of a 23 point game. People are overlooking Riley being concerned that CU was going to score 3 TDs and 3 conversions to take the lead rather than tie it. All good in my book

Why not kneel? Great teams cover, bruv.
This has been lingering in my head all day.

If there's reason to believe that performance ats is affecting game day coaching decisions in any way, that's really not what we want in sports.

WOW!!!
Scroll to the 2:00:00 mark of this game. Look at this piece of **** coach and smug ass program throwing the ball and running up the score. Up 35-0 in the fourth and still throwing the ball?!?
CLASSLESS!!

There was 13 minutes left in that game, so it is unserious/comical to compare that to last night.

But I loved that you posted this video. Look at this 90s gear. Can't tell which I want more, the '94 OU jacket or hat. That hat - with the big giant circle. Did like all the creative design people in the world go on a 10-year vacation in the nineties?

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 8.49.44 PM.png

This has been lingering in my head all day.

If there's reason to believe that performance ats is affecting game day coaching decisions in any way, that's really not what we want in sports.
Not a problem if the team is trying to win. It’s a problem if the team doesn’t try to win, or if the game is fixed some other way and there are coordinated bets.

but, I’d like to believe coaches aren’t concerned with the spread when they make decisions. I think many are.

Tbf, they did that to us a lot more than we did it to them.
this is the point.

when we started ****ing these ****s up especially ou and the fuskers the way they ****ed us up for a couple decades, i did not feel bad for them. those cocksuckers had it coming. and it felt especially great after the years of abuse we took.

scorch earth the mother ****ers and make them beg for their mommas. that is the best revenge and it isn't even close.

like i said, my biggest beef right now is that if we are someday capable of handing the ****ing trojans the giant flaming **** sandwich that they so rightfully deserve, we may not get the chance.

fuskers must die. this applies to all our enemies.

stop ****ing whining. keep ****ing complaining to the powers that be.

phillip needs to GTFO.

hate everyone that isn't us. put your ****ing money where your ****ing mouth is.

Back