What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado @ USC

@hawg1 and @manhattanbuff

Just stop.

I'm all for letting your backups run the whole offense, and I acknowledge how the CFP has in yet another way ****ed up college football.

But running fake PAT up 3 TDs in the 2nd half is classless. Throwing the ball up 30 in the final 2 minutes is classless. Scoring a TD when you could kneel the ball and end the game is classless.

Everyone who has ever been tangentially involved in sports knows this. I hope you guys are trolling or being contrarians. If not, dude.

Just stop.

I'm all for letting your backups run the whole offense, and I acknowledge how the CFP has in yet another way ****ed up college football.

But running fake PAT up 3 TDs in the 2nd half is classless. Throwing the ball up 30 in the final 2 minutes is classless. Scoring a TD when you could kneel the ball and end the game is classless.

Everyone who has ever been tangentially involved in sports knows this. I hope you guys are trolling or being contrarians. If not, dude.
Old school thinking. That’s OK too.

7 of 11 USC starters on offense are transfers.

Absolutely no reason that CU can't bring in 4 or 5 guys for the defensive front who perform better than this year's group.
Only if they’re willing to buy into our #CUlutre.

If you believe that running up the score is a real thing, then basically both teams should just be running up the gut on all three downs in the second half of blowouts.
Except against our defense that might lead to scoring 100.

There are things coaches can do to keep the score down but "garbage time" is a time when those players who have been out there working hard in practice get a chance to play.

You should run your offense. In part because these kids deserve a chance to play as well and your team has earned to opportunity for them to do it. Also a number of these players are going to be moving up the depth charts in the next couple years. A responsible coach will run the offense as a way of giving them a chance to develop for the future.

I don't want to see teams putting 80 on some overmatched opponent but there is no obligation to keep the score close. Run the offense (and the defense) and if you end up putting 50 on the board so be it. These are big boys

At the middle school level or even high school my opinion is different but this is FBS football.

Except against our defense that might lead to scoring 100.

There are things coaches can do to keep the score down but "garbage time" is a time when those players who have been out there working hard in practice get a chance to play.

You should run your offense. In part because these kids deserve a chance to play as well and your team has earned to opportunity for them to do it. Also a number of these players are going to be moving up the depth charts in the next couple years. A responsible coach will run the offense as a way of giving them a chance to develop for the future.

I don't want to see teams putting 80 on some overmatched opponent but there is no obligation to keep the score close. Run the offense (and the defense) and if you end up putting 50 on the board so be it. These are big boys

At the middle school level or even high school my opinion is different but this is FBS football.
Agree. See Tennessee. See tOSU.

also perennial bottom feeders should expect no mercy at all. we have never beaten usc. ever. they are moving to a diff conference. we have never posed a threat to them. from their perspective, CU is **** on the bottom of their heel. there will be no payback for this alleged slight by them.

the thing that pisses me off the most is that we may never get the chance to ****ing stomp them the way they have stomped us.

Just stop.

You have a concept of “class” with which I do not agree. P5 college football is a billion dollar industry. There’s no room for baby crying. Suck it up and get better.

Jesus you guys are dense.

If you're running your base offense with your backups in and the other team can't stop you, it is what it is.

If you can't see the difference between that and what Riley did last night, I don't know what to tell you.

Please just stay away from youth sports though.

You have a concept of “class” with which I do not agree. P5 college football is a billion dollar industry. There’s no room for baby crying. Suck it up and get better.

So you're telling me that if USC wins the rest of their games, the difference between them being into the playoff and not is that they beat Colorado 55-17 instead of 47-17.

Come on.

If you're running your base offense with your backups in and the other team can't stop you, it is what it is.

If you can't see the difference between that and what Riley did last night, I don't know what to tell you.

Your takes are getting worse. This isn’t youth sports. This is a billion dollar industry. They broke no rules. Just because they showed Colorado up means nothing. If Colorado doesn’t want to be treated like a laughing stock, Colorado needs to stop acting like a clown college.

So you're telling me that if USC wins the rest of their games, the difference between them being into the playoff and not is that they beat Colorado 55-17 instead of 47-17.

Come on.
The offense’s job is to score in any way that is permitted by the rules. The defense’s job is to stop the offense from scoring in any way that is permitted by the rules. This “class” concept is endemic of the loser mentality of bottom feeders. We need wake the f!uck up and get better instead of whining about a team scoring at the end.

We are talking about teams striving for the CFP, not youth sports. You watch or read Tenn or tOSU game script today? Put your shovel away. Take the L.

Going for two was classless.

Throwing the ball inside two minutes is not. The backup QB needs reps too.

Scoring the last TD would be classless if the situation was different but scoring differential matters for the playoffs, so you can't really blame him, thus not classless

The offense’s job is to score in any way that is permitted by the rules. The defense’s job is to stop the offense from scoring in any way that is permitted by the rules. This “class” concept is endemic of the loser mentality of bottom feeders. We need wake the f!uck up and get better instead of whining about a team scoring at the end.

I had a response to this typed out, but **** it. Life's too short.

If you believe that running up the score is a real thing, then basically both teams should just be running up the gut on all three downs in the second half of blowouts.
The issue for me is the last few minutes when you can run out the clock without turning the ball over. I don’t have an issue with a team running their offense in a blowout. My issue was, one, the fake extra point and, two, trying to score at the end when the clock was running out. If you’re up 3 or 4 TD’s with a lot of time left and you want to get your younger guys some experience, fine.

The issue for me is the last few minutes when you can run out the clock without turning the ball over. I don’t have an issue with a team running their offense in a blowout. My issue was, one, the fake extra point and, two, trying to score at the end when the clock was running out. If you’re up 3 or 4 TD’s with a lot of time left and you want to get your younger guys some experience, fine.

So losing teams should also stop inside two minutes, correct?

So losing teams should also stop inside two minutes, correct?
Don't argue in bad faith. He was pissed about the score at the end, not them running their offense
Fair but usc is trying to get into the cfb playoff in which point differential is a factor. I'd expect the same from any school

In baseball, see what happens when a team up big late steals a base. The hitters still try to hit. Sure. But they don’t try rubbing it in.

Don't argue in bad faith. He was pissed about the score at the end, not them running their offense

Fair but usc is trying to get into the cfb playoff in which point differential is a factor. I'd expect the same from any school

I am not.

Losing teams score a LOT in garbage time. Why is that somehow okay (or even commendable) but the winning team just has to stop at an arbitrary point in time?

One side is definitely arguing in bad faith.

In baseball, see what happens when a team up big late steals a base. The hitters still try to hit. Sure. But they don’t try rubbing it in.

Apparently we're old school, DBT. I mean, you're old, but I don't think I am.

Anyway, I'm stunned by some of the **** being said on this thread, but whatever. I guess people see things differently.

I am not.

Losing teams score a LOT in garbage time. Why is that somehow okay (or even commendable) but the winning team just has to stop at an arbitrary point in time?

One side is definitely arguing in bad faith.
A losing team trying to score isn’t trying to show up the winning team, man! Geez!

Back