What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado @ USC

**** you Lincoln Riley.

He's a classless ****. Hope his team gets exposed in the next month.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think that it's the opponent's job to stop an offense, a HC does a disservice to the development of his backups if they don't get to run the whole offense, and in CFB where computers & subjective opinions could be swayed by margin of victory it is stupid to call off the dogs beyond removing starters to mitigate injury risk.

In other words, if you don't like taking a beating then get better but don't ask the other team to spare you.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think that it's the opponent's job to stop an offense, a HC does a disservice to the development of his backups if they don't get to run the whole offense, and in CFB where computers & subjective opinions could be swayed by margin of victory it is stupid to call off the dogs beyond removing starters to mitigate injury risk.

In other words, if you don't like taking a beating then get better but don't ask the other team to spare you.
Especially now that these players get paid - they’re professionals now, be better.

I do and I don't.

I understand where you are coming from, I guess with 36 seconds to go why not kneel ?
He had all of the 4th quarter to watch the development of his 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Maybe I'm just sick of this ****ty season.

I do and I don't.

I understand where you are coming from, I guess with 36 seconds to go why not kneel ?
He had all of the 4th quarter to watch the development of his 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Why not kneel? Great teams cover, bruv.

Most coaches would’ve run out the clock. It was classless. I can’t believe Sanford gave him a man hug afterward. Scratch him off the short list!! :LOL:

This is the correct answer. If you don’t like it, D it up and stop it.

When Jack Pardee was running the show at UH, he had a pretty serious run and shoot thing going on. SMU came to the Astrodome shortly after they came off the death penalty. UH beat them 95-21. 1021 yards of offense. It was brutal.

Pardee said in the post-game presser, after being asked about running up the score, "Don't show up at our field with a football in your hand and expect us to play down to your level". Another question asked why they kept throwing the ball, he said "we will play teams that can blitz and aren't playing freshmen and sophomores". "I suppose we could have just ran over them to score instead of throwing".

You don't want to get embarrassed? Get better.

Widely understood, by most.

When Jack Pardee was running the show at UH, he had a pretty serious run and shoot thing going on. SMU came to the Astrodome shortly after they came off the death penalty. UH beat them 95-21. 1021 yards of offense. It was brutal.

Pardee said in the post-game presser, after being asked about running up the score, "Don't show up at our field with a football in your hand and expect us to play down to your level". Another question asked why they kept throwing the ball, he said "we will play teams that can blitz and aren't playing freshmen and sophomores". "I suppose we could have just ran over them to score instead of throwing".

You don't want to get embarrassed? Get better.
Played HS sports in Christoval, TX! Practically a suburb of my hometown, San Angelo. He actually passed away in Denver.

Man our front 7 is gonna be horrific next year. Obviously we’re not great but basically the only good players are Seniors. Lang, Main, Montgomery, Chandler-Semedo etc. I wouldn’t doubt if Sami moves on either

Man our front 7 is gonna be horrific next year. Obviously we’re not great but basically the only good players are Seniors. Lang, Main, Montgomery, Chandler-Semedo etc. I wouldn’t doubt if Sami moves on either
7 of 11 USC starters on offense are transfers.

Absolutely no reason that CU can't bring in 4 or 5 guys for the defensive front who perform better than this year's group.

I mean, even if they weren't all seniors, you'd need to have an influx of transfers. The talent just isn't what we thought it was

Not sure where to post this and doubt many are surprised or didn’t know. CU is dead last in point differential per game, -26.0, out of all 131 FBS teams. This is not from coaches running it up, this team unfortunately is just really overmatched. I commend the players for giving it their all, but FHCKD did a number on this program

I do and I don't.

There is a big part of being a college head coach that fans don't see.

Riley is the face of the program, not only on TV but with the donors and the alums who put large amounts of money into the program and the school.

If you think he didn't know the spread you are kidding yourself. A lot of those same donors he is going to be asking to write 5 or 6 figure checks this week put a chunk of money on the game. It is easier to get those checks when the donors won their bets.

No coach will ever admit it but they know how they stand against the spread.

Not sure where to post this and doubt many are surprised or didn’t know. CU is dead last in point differential per game, -26.0, out of all 131 FBS teams. This is not from coaches running it up, this team unfortunately is just really overmatched. I commend the players for giving it their all, but FHCKD did a number on this program
My mind saw your post and replaced the H with a U, and it fits.

Worse than Embree.
Embree actually left some decent players, not a roster of them but some.

Bigger difference was that Embree really cared. He was completely unprepared for a job that would have been hard for a solid experienced coach and having to go cheap on his assistants including going with two coordinators with zero experience as coordinators didn't help but he cared.

I recognize that Embree was a terrible coach and the program was chaos with him but I respect him as a man and as a coach. He put his heart and soul into it and did the best job he could, it just wasn't a good fit.

I never got the impression from start to finish that Dorrell even cared. He was here to collect the jackpot before retiring. He wanted to win but not enough to invest himself in it.

Main and Grant are actually more athletic and potentially productive but have not gotten snaps quite like the other supposed older starters. The lack of pressure was bad news

Back