What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Arizona - 10/19 @ 2pm MT on FOX

Just need Shedeur to use play action more, make the running game go as a real threat and get safeties to move to where needed rather than just stay back as spectators and play less man and more zone on D and CU smokes these guys.

01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100001
If I am reading things.. CU needs to be more unpredictible.. not allow other team to know each play if on D pass protection is man or zone.. mix it up.. and on O, don't let the D know if it is going to be a pass or a run.. be unpredictable.. use some motion on O .. and it would be great to see Shedeur handing the ball off in play action and making D think he didn't when it is a run play, ditto for pass plays.. if only the opposing D would bite just a bit on the run.

If I am reading things.. CU needs to be more unpredictible.. not allow other team to know each play if on D pass protection is man or zone.. mix it up.. and on O, don't let the D know if it is going to be a pass or a run.. be unpredictable.. use some motion on O .. and it would be great to see Shedeur handing the ball off in play action and making D think he didn't when it is a run play, ditto for pass plays.. if only the opposing D would bite just a bit on the run.
Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

im putting this in the next game thread instead of the KSU thread because ... looking forward. i just rewatched some of KSU and my drunk *ss was very angry last weekend. but i have to give the KSU line and especially TEs credit for a specific move. (i don't know much about football blocking so maybe this is normal) when our LBs and attack safety (cam silmon craig) would attack a blocker, the KSU players would accept the block and grab their shoulders and pull our players in. it was blatant holding from the TV angle, but was such a great way to hide the action while they kept our defenders from tackling or maintaining the lane. their TE number 80 was pivotal on many of the long runs, by holding NHG or by using the pop of our guys to continue the action past the point of attack. they literally accepted our challenge and pulled it past a tackle. i can't imagine refs would see it but it opened huge holes

Executive Summary:
1. TH is the most talented football player, possibly ever, but is just a mediocre wr and cb if you look at each individually.
2. Fat Montez had nfl talent
3. Analytics are things that can be analyzed; basically anything except who wins the game or when the word is used as a noun.
4. Fumbles are just bad luck, but forcing fumbles is a talent, and having a talent for forcing fumbles makes you miss tackles.
5. We are playing Arizona this week.

Executive Summary:
1. TH is the most talented football player, possibly ever, but is just a mediocre wr and cb if you look at each individually.
2. Fat Montez had nfl talent
3. Analytics are things that can be analyzed; basically anything except who wins the game or when the word is used as a noun.
4. Fumbles are just bad luck, but forcing fumbles is a talent, and having a talent for forcing fumbles makes you miss tackles.
5. We are playing Arizona this week.
6. We gonna lose

Win the next 2 so we don't have bowl eligibility hanging over our heads.

Then split the remaining 4 and I'll feel like we had a successful season (while hoping for more).

My work buddy is a massively passionate college football fan. He has hard and fast opinions on 30+ head coaches and watches multiple games a week on replay to track trends in the game. Basically, I'd take his opinions over most talking heads we see in the media.

He watched the KSU game and said "If you guys learn from your mistakes, you can still be a 9-3 team this year"

That's a big if, but it certainly made me feel better.

Last edited:

Then split the remaining 4 and I'll feel like we had a successful season (while hoping for more).

I work buddy is a massively passionate college football fan. He has hard and fast opinions on 30+ head coaches and watches multiple games a week on replay to track trends in the game. Basically, I'd take his opinions over most talking heads we see in the media.

He watched the KSU game and said "If you guys learn from your mistakes, you can still be a 9-3 team this year"

The Big 12 is a mess, as predicted, but most of the teams on CU's schedule that the analysts thought would be really good (KU, Utah, Oklahoma State, Arizona) are either bad or mediocre. Cincy and TTU seem to be better than initially thought, but CU can win every remaining game

I work buddy is a massively passionate college football fan. He has hard and fast opinions on 30+ head coaches and watches multiple games a week on replay to track trends in the game. Basically, I'd take his opinions over most talking heads we see in the media.

Nothing about CU over the last year and a half screams we learn from mistakes. CU seems much more like we are going to keep making the same mistakes over and over.

The Big 12 is a mess, as predicted, but most of the teams on CU's schedule that the analysts thought would be really good (KU, Utah, Oklahoma State, Arizona) are either bad or mediocre. Cincy and TTU seem to be better than initially thought, but CU can win every remaining game
TTU on the road will be tough, and if they abandon the running game like they did against KSU anybody can beat them, but honestly they have more talent than every team left on the schedule and should expect to win the rest of the games.

Nothing about CU over the last year and a half screams we learn from mistakes. CU seems much more like we are going to keep making the same mistakes over and over.
What's maddening is I look at UCF this year and Utah last year without Shedeur, and I feel like they know how to learn from their mistakes, they just actively choose not to much of the time.

It is pretty amazing the balance between run and pass are almost identical last year to this year, as are the yards per attempt rushing. You would think the change form Sean Lewis to Pat Shurmer would have yielded some difference year over year.

The lack of a viable run game is limiting the team. The failure to address that is not necessarily on the OC, unless they are both equally bad at it.

Average passing yardage is actually down year over year this year. I think the constants are obvious. So, I am a little pessimistic the light bulb suddenly goes on.

The one big year over year statistical improvement is defensive ppg surrendered where a 10 ppg improvement exists. That is the real difference year over year.

If CU figures out one dimensional offense is limiting them, then I think 8 W's is pretty likely. If not it will probably be 6.

Last edited:
It is pretty amazing the balance between run and pass are almost identical last year to this year, as are the yards per attempt rushing. You would think the change form Sean Lewis to Pat Shurmer would have yielded some difference year over year.
Our OC is Shedeur, not Lewis, not Shurmer.

This should be crystal clear to every buff fan now.

Back