What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

A little. Yes....
this is brand new information to me. if you have any sources expanding on that, or ideally, giving examples of how this partnership manifested for UU and CU to cooperate in conference voting, I'd be really interested.

You aren't getting the concept. This isn't 2 or 3 or even 5 teams leaving a conference this is more than half a conference leaving behind a few teams.

At a point they make a group decision to try to survive in a rapidly changing situation.

They may see that they can't wait over a decade to respond and if the networks push for it then they look for ways to make it happen.
Neither the SEC or B1G are taking half the ACC, so why would any of those programs, outside of the 5 I’ve mentioned, decide to dissolve the conference?

Neither the SEC or B1G are taking half the ACC, so why would any of those programs, outside of the 5 I’ve mentioned, decide to dissolve the conference?
Your head is still not handling this well.

The idea is not that the SEC or B1G are taking these schools. Go back and read.

The concept is that the better remaining programs from the PAC, B12, and ACC (by better I am referring to revenue value) each disolve their conferences and the top 20-24 of them form a single nationwide conference.

What this would mean is that the lower value programs like Oregon State and Washington State, probably Cal in the PAC would be left behind.

The result would of course still not be a competitor to the top two conferences but would offer their network partner(s) games coast to coast with recognized programs

this is brand new information to me. if you have any sources expanding on that, or ideally, giving examples of how this partnership manifested for UU and CU to cooperate in conference voting, I'd be really interested.
There aren’t any examples of this. Travel partners are simply a convenience for the road team that week.

Your head is still not handling this well.

The idea is not that the SEC or B1G are taking these schools. Go back and read.

The concept is that the better remaining programs from the PAC, B12, and ACC (by better I am referring to revenue value) each disolve their conferences and the top 20-24 of them form a single nationwide conference.

What this would mean is that the lower value programs like Oregon State and Washington State, probably Cal in the PAC would be left behind.

The result would of course still not be a competitor to the top two conferences but would offer their network partner(s) games coast to coast with recognized programs
There is zero incentive for the current Pac and Big12 to be interested in BC, Syracuse, Wake, etc. It’s not happening, dude. The lower level teams in the ACC are not going to just happily agree to part ways with their tent pole programs and allow them to go make $100m/year for free.

You are conjuring up idiotic scenarios to fit your initial assertions that were radically incorrect

There is zero incentive for the current Pac and Big12 to be interested in BC, Syracuse, Wake, etc. It’s not happening, dude. The lower level teams in the ACC are not going to just happily agree to part ways with their tent pole programs and allow them to go make $100m/year for free.

You are conjuring up idiotic scenarios to fit your initial assertions that were radically incorrect
Read and think dude. Tired of explaining it to you.

Neither did you with your post. CSU is worthless. They bring nothing to either the Pac 12 or Big 12 that either conference would not get from us.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

If I'm caught up, I think the idea is that if the B1G and SEC each go to 20-24 teams there is still enough meat on the bone with major media markets, major universities with first rate facilities, and major recruiting grounds that another conference with a national footprint could be created and compete.

Let's take the big dogs as an example.

Let's say that the B1G has CA with USC/UCLA, NY with Rutgers, OH with OSU, and PA with PSU.

Let's say the SEC has TX with UT/aTm, FL with UF/plus Miami, and GA with UGA.

CA still has Cal, Stanford and SDSU in major media markets.

NY still has Syracuse.

OH still has Cincinnati.

PA still has Pitt and, for Philly, Temple.

TX still has TCU, UH and Baylor.

FL still has FSU and UCF.

There's no question in my mind that huge money and the resources to win a playoff are there from that set of leftovers. I would of course prefer an eventual B1G invite, but that #3 conference in a Power 3 would not suck at all.

That, I believe, is what people are suggesting.

I’ll play for a while.

1. What is incentive for ACC to do this, especially the lower level programs?

2. Why would lower level programs in the B12 and P10 vote for homelessness?

it’s a neat idea. But I don’t get the motivations for certain programs to put the knife to their own throats.
Here is where the unpleasant realities hit. They only take a majority of the conferences, not the whole conference.

The programs choosing to disolve their existing conferences are doing it in an attempt to survive at the highest level. In the process they are leaving the bottom schools behind.

The schools left behind would almost certainly resist, the lawyers will make a lot of money. They want to go along and get the bigger money but the schools forming the new conference would be saying out old conferences are no longer viable. We can't compete under the old system including those members who don't bring the revenue value.

The requirement is only that they figure out a way to dissolve the old conferences with a majority vote, not unanimous, not even a supermajority

Here is where the unpleasant realities hit. They only take a majority of the conferences, not the whole conference.

The programs choosing to disolve their existing conferences are doing it in an attempt to survive at the highest level. In the process they are leaving the bottom schools behind.

The schools left behind would almost certainly resist, the lawyers will make a lot of money. They want to go along and get the bigger money but the schools forming the new conference would be saying out old conferences are no longer viable. We can't compete under the old system including those members who don't bring the revenue value.

The requirement is only that they figure out a way to dissolve the old conferences with a majority vote, not unanimous, not even a supermajority

Wut?

I get it. The ACC is key. How many does it take to dissolve the conference without triggering GoR for those schools that move on?
Edit: 8. Seems like they would have to secure a guaranteed landing spot before voting.

Last edited:
In that kind of set up, last year's Semi-Final games would have been some combination of Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma State and Cincinnati playing each other on Thanksgiving weekend, depending on which Pod winners play each other. If it's based on rankings, last year would have been Utah (4) @ Cincinnati (1) and Oregon (3) @ Oklahoma State (2) with the winners playing in the "Coast to Coast" Conference Championship Game the following weekend.

The other 20 teams would matchup with each other for their 9th conference game Thanksgiving weekend based on the rest of the standings (5 v 6, 7 v 8, 9 v10, etc), creating and entire conference week's schedule of the most competitive and attractive matchups across the board. Would also give the bottom feeders in the league another chance at a win.
The APAC?

Got pretty excited about hitting up Temecula. Everyone from San Diego raved about it. Said it was better then Paso Robles. They were not correct and obviously have no idea what good wine tastes like.
I’ll admit that I haven’t been to Temecula since I was stationed in SD in the 90s, but I do keep tabs on good wine (Central Coast has tons of it) and as far as I can tell, there isn’t any of it coming from Temecula.

Got pretty excited about hitting up Temecula. Everyone from San Diego raved about it. Said it was better then Paso Robles. They were not correct and obviously have no idea what good wine tastes like.

I was just in Napa and I was basically told I should be in Sonoma based on my wine preferences. But Sonoma is where Russian River is so wine was not about to be consumed there. And to be fair, I had a burrito at a nice restaurant in Napa and while it was good, SD burritos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Where does Paso Robles rank on the wine scale?

I was just in Napa and I was basically told I should be in Sonoma based on my wine preferences. But Sonoma is where Russian River is so wine was not about to be consumed there. And to be fair, I had a burrito at a nice restaurant in Napa and while it was good, SD burritos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Where does Paso Robles rank on the wine scale?
For Pinot Noir, Chardonnay or Zin, Sonoma > Napa, generally. I’m no expert on central coast, but what I’ve seen from there that was really good, is GSM blends (Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre).

For Pinot Noir, Chardonnay or Zin, Sonoma > Napa, generally. I’m no expert on central coast, but what I’ve seen from there that was really good, is GSM blends (Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre).
Agree with this, Rhônes are more prevalent in Paso. Pinot Noir and some Rhône varietals in Santa Barbara, Los Olivos, Lompoc, Santa Maria etc. YOu can find pretty good wines in both major central coast areas

i shall have my whines and cheeeze regardless of the conference company we are forced by fate to find ourselves associated with.

none of it will be from temecula. the difference between the pac tailgates and the b12 is the number of folks who actually recognize and enjoy fine libations, including wine.

now that the new medical guidance is that no amount of alcohol is safe or good for those under 40, i expect the prices of the booze and wine that is now allocated and really should not be to drop. right? all them chil'lun gonna take care of their health first. right? i mean they have told us that so many food and drink choices are now out of bounds, surely they will follow these simple rules?

tailgating will be even better if i am not forced to overpay for fine alcohol. i just have to remember to not let either the cow **** or drool from the big 12 remnants to contaminate anything.

i have to admit in advance, however, if and when i find myself on a ****ing roadie to some ****ng backwater big 12 remnant, i will be sure to take pics and show them to the CUAD so that they can acknowledge their ****ups. again.

Back