What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I'm failing to see why SDSU AND UNLV aren't clear adds to 12Pac. If UCLA is forced to stay add in those two and Boise (Zags for MBB) then you have all the larger markets on West Coast locked in for a legitimate TV contract. Explore TV deals with all scenarios and work from there in principle. It appears we aren't going back to XII, not poaching XII, not creating ACC alliance and this school is furked anyway so these are easily the best course of action. How ****ing hard is this PhilD(eezNuts)?
Cal and Stanford love uNlV

PhilD(eezNuts)?
The Office Boom GIF

Rumors of the ACC making a play for PAC leftovers persist.

I can't see this happening, but if...

If CU joined the ACC with WVU and two other Pac 10 or XII schools (your choice who those might be), how would the rest of Allbuffs feel?
Would love 6 Pac joining ACC to keep rivalry pod/travel while upgrading big-time.

UCLA is not going to be forced to stay. Not sure why so many people keep posting scenarios where that happens. They’re gone.

Sure. I do like the idea of them having to pay a portion of their media rights to other Cal school(s). Haven't looked into the contracts behind all of that, but the thought that it could happen makes me happy.

Rumors of the ACC making a play for PAC leftovers persist.

I can't see this happening, but if...

If CU joined the ACC with WVU and two other Pac 10 or XII schools (your choice who those might be), how would the rest of Allbuffs feel?

1. TCU
2. KU

ACC would see a nice number of new television markets with Denver, DFW, and KC.

I will not miss those late, late night games and I wouldn't mind watching a game at 10 AM on Saturdays. We will have to give Tad a big pay raise to coach in that conference.

Greeeeeat secondary option. We're going to end up with a glorified G5 conference.

Pac12 North
Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Oregon State
Cal
Stanford

Pac12 South
Utah
Colorado
Fresno State or UNLV
San Diego State
Arizona State
Arizona

And half of you want to stay because you'd rather play ****ty teams like UNLV because the road trips are better.
Personally, I want out of this second rate conference. More budget share, better game time slots and better recruiting geographics are the only thing that might get this team back above .500 in the next decade. Fvck roadtrips. We don't travel for sh!t anyway.

UCLA is not going to be forced to stay. Not sure why so many people keep posting scenarios where that happens. They’re gone.
UCLA leadership informed [University of California] President [Dr. Michael] Drake that discussions between UCLA and the Big Ten were occurring but he was not involved at all in those discussions or in any negotiations," a spokesperson for the University of California Office of the President told ESPN in an email. "... Decisions related to athletics are formulated and executed at the campus level. There is no requirement for a decision from the University of California Board of Regents or the Office of the President.

abc link

me thinks this is all Newsome making noise to stay in the headlines

Honestly, we should be thinking about what all this would look like for the basketball program. Because afterall... we are fvcking basketball school.

Those schools add nothing to the conference and would just take away money. It’s a non-starter.

I wouldn't get your hopes up with a good media payday coming up. Getting rid of the P12N and putting it on ESPN+ or Paramount+ or whatever is what CU needs to do at this point.

Honestly, we should be thinking about what all this would look like for the basketball program. Because afterall... we are fvcking basketball school.
Hard to argue against the ACC if that's your take

I wouldn't get your hopes up with a good media payday coming up. Getting rid of the P12N and putting it on ESPN+ or Paramount+ or whatever is what CU needs to do at this point.

I don’t have my hopes up for anything, hence the name lol. But I believe the B12 has better hopes of a better pay day, especially with 4 more teams. The P12 keeping everyone with a couple MWC schools tossed in won’t move the needle, it’ll be the lowest of all the conferences.

I don’t have my hopes up for anything, hence the name lol. But I believe the B12 has better hopes of a better pay day, especially with 4 more teams. The P12 keeping everyone with a couple MWC schools tossed in won’t move the needle, it’ll be the lowest of all the conferences.
Exactly. If more P12 teams bail, the conference that gains the P12 teams will be perceived as the "better" conference, and will likely get more cabbage. If ASU, Utah AZ flee and CU stays, that would be a mistake.

OTOH, if all the P12 stays, and adds a couple of backfillers in the form of G5'ers, that is the best outcome for the P12. I am not 100% that is best ofr CU. My guess is, the B12, while not the best, will likely get more TV $$$ than the P12-2+2.

Back