What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

RG was just on KOA with Big Al and our future HC. He said, basically, that “we believe in our (Pac) brand and are sticking together. Whe asked about adding teams he said, “We’ll see.” Hmm.
He probably has to take that position in public. Keeping the P12 engaged in keeping CU and playing hard to get with the B12 is probably smart, at least for public consumption. Behind the scenes, I would think CU would be working every angle to see what the best situation would be. But given past history, there is an even money chance CU is just floating along until a decision has to be made.

He probably has to take that position in public. Keeping the P12 engaged in keeping CU and playing hard to get with the B12 is probably smart, at least for public consumption. Behind the scenes, I would think CU would be working every angle to see what the best situation would be. But given past history, there is an even money chance CU is just floating along until a decision has to be made.
college gameday sport GIF

I can totally see RG trying to play both sides ineptly, fvcking this whole thing up, and us ending up in the PAQ8.

college gameday sport GIF

I can totally see RG trying to play both sides ineptly, fvcking this whole thing up, and us ending up in the PAQ8.

Dude, it’s RG. We’re gonna end up in the Big Sky.

And relevant to your comment earlier about how we’re a basketball school - we may joke about it, and it may be our best chance for success but considering that no one in the athletic department has realized we have a basketball program I think it’s safe to leave them out of every discussion.

Hence - Big Sky football champs*

* - there aren’t any Dakotas in the Big Sky, right?

And relevant to your comment earlier about how we’re a basketball school - we may joke about it, and it may be our best chance for success but considering that no one in the athletic department has realized we have a basketball program I think it’s safe to leave them out of every discussion.

No but our arch-rival Montana State would own us in the Big Sky. And Montana State it the little brother of the rivalry with Montana. Montana would kill us. So would Eastern Washington. This is depressing. Also need to mention something about how full circle it would be for Hawk to come back to Boulder with UC Davis with 7th place in the Big Sky on the line.

I don't think wanting to stay aligned with the best brands between the 2 leagues, the more academically prestigious universities, and stay aligned with the more populated and larger media markets has to be twisted into some big political conspiracy.

No but our arch-rival Montana State would own us in the Big Sky. And Montana State it the little brother of the rivalry with Montana. Montana would kill us. So would Eastern Washington. This is depressing. Also need to mention something about how full circle it would be for Hawk to come back to Boulder with UC Davis with 7th place in the Big Sky on the line.
Well ****.

Thanks RG.

Sacremento St is in the Big Sky. DO. NOT. WANT.

I don’t know. Some of those towns may have pizzerias. And democrats. So that’s bad news.
If the Pac stays together, I feel bad that you won't have an excuse to make a couple extra trips to the Little Apple every year.

I don't think wanting to stay aligned with the best brands between the 2 leagues, the more academically prestigious universities, and stay aligned with the more populated and larger media markets has to be twisted into some big political conspiracy.
Best brands? Yeah Oregon and Washington are so awesome nobody wants them.

@Thisuniversityisf’ed! don't you agree?

caught up on the thread and concluded we are left behind. again.

put the money into x country and skiing. you know, things we win at.

i don't see a clear advantage to any of the latest possible speculated outcomes. i would think the dollars would be better in an expanded b12 -- time zones, geographies, inventory, etc. but, we don't really know, do we? i definitely would not agree to give uo or anyone else more of a share in some salvaged version of the pac. no ****ing way. i would rather wander again amongst the mouth breathers of the big 12.

Montana would kick our ass

Rumors of the ACC making a play for PAC leftovers persist.

I can't see this happening, but if...

If CU joined the ACC with WVU and two other Pac 10 or XII schools (your choice who those might be), how would the rest of Allbuffs feel?

I see us going to the ACC as the least likely scenario but from my perspective it would be great with 6 ACC schools within 3 hours and another 2 within 4 hours.

Can’t wait for that CU-Idaho game at the Kibbe Dome. NAU and Idaho State have domed stadiums too.

Also Boulder vs Greeley will be epic.

I'm looking at historic us news and world report rankings and we have actually dropped since we moved to the PAC 12. I don't know what other rankings are popular but for all the **** regents talk how are they not improving that ranking?

I'm looking at historic us news and world report rankings and we have actually dropped since we moved to the PAC 12. I don't know what other rankings are popular but for all the **** regents talk how are they not improving that ranking?
One problem is that CU Regent has been a political stepping stone & proving ground for bigger office and too often their primary motivation is not improving the prestige of CU.

We currently sit behind such academic powerhouses as North Carolina State, Michigan State, Ohio State, Florida State, all of the UC schools, Auburn, Delaware, Denver, SUNY Buffalo, TCU, and SMU…and others

SUNY Buffalo!! What a f***ing joke

One problem is that CU Regent has been a political stepping stone & proving ground for bigger office and too often their primary motivation is not improving the prestige of CU.

Is there an instance of a school joining a quote unquote better academic conference and then increasing that school's academic ranking?

Like the Arizona schools joined the PAC in the mid 70s, did they increase their rankings? I honestly don't know

Read another way, the entire leadership is and has been weak for quite some time and now has an ingrained culture of mediocrity while patting themselves on the back for being woke and hoping for a job at Berkeley.

( And don’t turn this into politics. They can be as woke as they want but SHOW SOME F***ING RESULTS!!!)

Back