What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

1. We have no idea what the details of a streaming package would look like, so proclamations like this is useless
2. I find it hard to believe Oregon will love the idea of playing Oklahoma State and Iowa State for the next 90 years unless they pay $100m to get out
3. If it's true that FOX is not agreeing to increase their payouts pro rata for P5 additions to the Big 12 like ESPN is, I have a hard time seeing Oregon and Washington taking $20m/year to play in the Big 12 and lock themselves into the conference.
anyway you look at it it's ****ty

I basically agree with this article.

The PAC 12 should just do a hybrid bandaid media deal for about 4 years and go from there. A lot of things can change between now and then.
(Sorry if I Miami’d myself)

excited happy redneck GIF by Redneck Island

they call me elitist and i agree we have to do the deal that makes the most sense given all the circumstances. but more rednecks is going to be hard to embrace. i will do what we have always done and lean into their toothless hate. it makes me warm.
An American Hippie In Israel Reaction GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

My stereotype gif can match yours !!

I think it’s pretty obvious that the direction college football is going is two (maybe three, but unlikely) super conferences. Let’s call them the national college football conference and the American college football conference. Each conference will likely have between 20-32 teams, depending on what they’re paid to have. If we want CU to be in one of those conferences, we need to make sure we provide value. Hiring Prime was a great step in that direction. We need to keep doing the right things and the chips will fall our way. Screw up again and ignore the football program, and we will forever be on the outside looking in.

I think it’s pretty obvious that the direction college football is going is two (maybe three, but unlikely) super conferences. Let’s call them the national college football conference and the American college football conference. Each conference will likely have between 20-32 teams, depending on what they’re paid to have. If we want CU to be in one of those conferences, we need to make sure we provide value. Hiring Prime was a great step in that direction. We need to keep doing the right things and the chips will fall our way. Screw up again and ignore the football program, and we will forever be on the outside looking in.
1677545875253.gif

Until it's confirmed that the huskies and ducks are invited to the Big 10, there is no move to be made by the buffs. The remaining pac is light-years ahead of the little 12. So many people on here with battered fan syndrome.

Buffs, Texas, Oklahoma, nubs and Aggies were replaced by Central Florida, Cincy and other third tier commuter schools.

Until it's confirmed that the huskies and ducks are invited to the Big 10, there is no move to be made by the buffs. The remaining pac is light-years ahead of the little 12. So many people on here with battered fan syndrome.

Buffs, Texas, Oklahoma, nubs and Aggies were replaced by Central Florida, Cincy and other third tier commuter schools.
You would stay for 26M, principally streaming?

The remaining pac is light-years ahead of the little 12.
In what metric? Because it may be neither financially or in terms of exposure, and those are the two things that matter here.

I'd love the PAC to work in a manner that allows us to stay competitive in both of those respects, but its looking more and more like we're not getting both, and maybe neither. Would love to be wrong.

Canzano interviewed the Oregon St president and towards the end of interview she mentioned there has been discussions of unequal revenue sharing.
This made me take note. Ugh..unless you are Washington and Oregon I don't think that goes well.

I can't recall hearing any chatter or rumors that CU is high on any list for the BIG10.
I apologize. YouTuber 'Gold & Blue Dude'
tonight throwing **** against the wall and thinks Colorado has good chances for BIG10. Something along the lines that Bohn wants them and why Prime signed.
Just crazy talk.

Is it all the Football playoffs the Pac-12 has part of recently? Or Basketball nattys / Final Fours. Maybe college World Series appearances recently?

SD with thoughts on the 24/7 board
247 scoop?
I hope the Arizona schools and Utah come along then. Keeping those regional schools, picking up BYU, and rejoining the old Big 8 teams while also getting to play in Texas each year wouldn't be the end of the world, especially if it puts us in a better place (financially and exposure wise) to aspire towards the B1G near the end of the Big XII's current (short) media deal.

College football expansion doesn't appear to be finished just yet if power brokers in the Big Ten have their way.

The conference is expected to target schools that are current members of the Pac-12, according to a report by college football insider Matt Hayes.

Big Ten officials want to pursue at least two and up to four Pac-12 universities for membership.

That list of four includes Oregon, Washington, California, and Stanford, with the Big Ten zeroing in on Washington and Oregon as its preferred options for realignment.

SI link

I know nothing about Hayes or his credibility.

SI link

I know nothing about Hayes or his credibility.
Unfortunately those 4 make the most sense for them. That would put them at 20. The only question is whether the SEC wants to stand pat at 16 until the ACC situation is figured out, or if they and ESPN want to get into the West and tries matching them by adding the 4C schools to get to 20. Then, both of the P2 can fight for the ACC properties when they are available.

Unfortunately those 4 make the most sense for them. That would put them at 20. The only question is whether the SEC wants to stand pat at 16 until the ACC situation is figured out, or if they and ESPN want to get into the West and tries matching them by adding the 4C schools to get to 20. Then, both of the P2 can fight for the ACC properties when they are available.
or it's all smoke.

there's been lots of amateur analysis showing no other Pac schools make financial sense for the B1G. I haven't seen much analysis suggesting otherwise. 🤷‍♂️

I hope the Arizona schools and Utah come along then. Keeping those regional schools, picking up BYU, and rejoining the old Big 8 teams while also getting to play in Texas each year wouldn't be the end of the world, especially if it puts us in a better place (financially and exposure wise) to aspire towards the B1G near the end of the Big XII's current (short) media deal.
ACC's GoR expires in 2036, right? This conversation has got to die until 2031-32 to me after there's resolution on the Pac 12. This conference is a mess. Scott screwed it up, and Kliavkoff hasn't been anything resembling an upgrade.

or it's all smoke.

there's been lots of amateur analysis showing no other Pac schools make financial sense for the B1G. I haven't seen much analysis suggesting otherwise. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t necessarily think all 4 of them would receive equal revenue sharing in the B1G. Phil Knight is probably discussing bridging any gap for Oregon and possibly more. Or maybe they would talk to Amazon to help add some for a few games a week

Obviously Big 12 is probably not ideal for us. But, if the PAC can only pull in $20-25mil/year then the conference is dead. No chance of competing with the rest of CFB like that.

Back