What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Jason Scheer being himself.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It means you left out the Crystal Ball quote about the deal. You pushed her to say they will stick together and she never did. I thought she was impressive not falling for it. <br><br>Also I reported unequal revenue being discussed in July 2022. Not bad for a guy in his basement, eh? <a href="https://t.co/jqAymjdZZG">https://t.co/jqAymjdZZG</a></p>&mdash; Jason Scheer (@jasonscheer) <a href="">February 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

View attachment 59269

Why don't you just tell me the quotes you want me to say

seinfeld kramer GIF by simongibson2000

the big 12 and its various inbred pundits are actually interfering at this point with the Pac's media negotiations and underlying contract.

cal ahead of us for anything sports related is a cosmic joke.

the west vagina twit knows about much as the insiders in the pac 12 as i know about child miners with black lung and lead poisoning in his home town.

if a bunch of pac teams end up in the big and we end up with the mouth breathers, i am not going to handle it super well.

and ****ing baylor ... when we sue the b12 for tortious interference, the discovery is quite literally going to turn up where these ****ers hid the bodies.

everyone that isn't us can eat **** and die in a fire.

and while we are at it, sue not only the b12, but the big and their former commissioner personally. sue fox, disney. sue all these muthas. put them all through discovery. and sue usc and ucla and the bi12 should sue ou and texasss.

let's litigate this mother ****er into orbit. sue ****ing baylor. put all these mother ****ers into the abyss. TRO blocking any conference realignment while the matter proceeds through the court system.

****, find a way to sue trump, the pope, rupert murdoch, joel osteen, notre dame, and biden's kid.

give me court CHAOS.

ahahahahahahahaaaaahhhaaha.

where's that ****ing bat **** crazy powell person? he'd take this **** case right? i want dominion voting machine's lawyers however.

sue. sue. sue.

you get a law suit. and you get a law suit. and you get a law suit. and your mom gets a law suit. and your feeble uncle ****er gets a law suit.

flames everywhere!

and while we are at it, sue not only the b12, but the big and their former commissioner personally. sue fox, disney. sue all these muthas. put them all through discovery. and sue usc and ucla and the bi12 should sue ou and texasss.

let's litigate this mother ****er into orbit. sue ****ing baylor. put all these mother ****ers into the abyss. TRO blocking any conference realignment while the matter proceeds through the court system.

****, find a way to sue trump, the pope, rupert murdoch, joel osteen, notre dame, and biden's kid.

give me court CHAOS.

where's that ****ing bat **** crazy powell person? he'd take this **** case right? i want dominion voting machine's lawyers however.

sue. sue. sue.

you get a law suit. and you get a law suit. and you get a law suit. and your mom gets a law suit. and your feeble uncle ****er gets a law suit.

flames everywhere!
Walking Out Oops GIF by Laff

the big 12 and its various inbred pundits are actually interfering at this point with the Pac's media negotiations and underlying contract.

cal ahead of us for anything sports related is a cosmic joke.

the west vagina twit knows about much as the insiders in the pac 12 as i know about child miners with black lung and lead poisoning in his home town.

if a bunch of pac teams end up in the big and we end up with the mouth breathers, i am not going to handle it super well.

and ****ing baylor ... when we sue the b12 for tortious interference, the discovery is quite literally going to turn up where these ****ers hid the bodies.

everyone that isn't us can eat **** and die in a fire.
So you do, or don't want CU to go to the B12?

So you do, or don't want CU to go to the B12?

oh, i will be ready if that is our fate. i will have a special costume ready for every opponent. baylor, tcu are going to get a drag version of the hand maid's tale. wvu and okie state are going to get mullets and fake teeth. kjuco state and cinncy are going to get dunce costumes. and so forth.

lean in and embrace the hate.

give me court CHAOS.

sue. sue. sue.

flames everywhere!
Perry Mason here just explained why the Big 12 will remain a Power conference.

Perry Mason here just explained why the Big 12 will remain a Power conference.
mason jars of moonshine for everyone! make sure the kids have a few sips and sleep well!

whatever happens, the pac schools ought to think this through. sitting at 10 with the possibility of adding 2 who will not be competitive in the short run. an auto bid into the tourney. this is better than the ****ing **** show of some weirdo 20 team conferences.

do the streaming deal, 5 years. stick together. win some ****ing playoff games. the rest will sort itself out.

mason jars of moonshine for everyone! make sure the kids have a few sips and sleep well!

whatever happens, the pac schools ought to think this through. sitting at 10 with the possibility of adding 2 who will not be competitive in the short run. an auto bid into the tourney. this is better than the ****ing **** show of some weirdo 20 team conferences.

do the streaming deal, 5 years. stick together. win some ****ing playoff games. the rest will sort itself out.
I'll pass on 100% streaming. Our tier 1 stuff needs to be on ESPN.

I'll pass on 100% streaming. Our tier 1 stuff needs to be on ESPN.
and NO to unequal revenue sharing
it doesn't look like ESPN is a bidder. take the life raft and wait for help to arrive.

who would get more in a remnant p10? and who would get less? the 2 new schools added might get less... but, what, uw and uo are going to be in a position to get more than us? not unless they have an offer in hand from the big. which i don't think they do.

also great quote i saw from the sec commish: their longest conference road trip is shorter than usc and ucla's shortest conference road trip. maybe we wait until the next round when this whole big and sec thing is forced to rationalize itself geographically and competitively.

if you toss out the worst of the pac, the worst of the acc, and merge those into a new division-based super conference format, then everyone wins.

also great quote i saw from the sec commish: their longest conference road trip is shorter than usc and ucla's shortest conference road trip. maybe we wait until the next round when this whole big and sec thing is forced to rationalize itself geographically and competitively.

if you toss out the worst of the pac, the worst of the acc, and merge those into a new division-based super conference format, then everyone wins.
I think the Big 10 has to balance that out at some point........just so you're not putting USC/UCLA in a spot where they have to cut water polo and what not because those sports are now money pits.

In the end it will just be football/MBB playing in these country wide conferences

Water Polo and every other non-revenue sport will be in new regionally based conferences
I'm not sure basketball stays national very long.

The B12 is a conference of little brothers and joining them feels like resigning ourselves to that status. Anecdotally, living in Texas, it seems like everyone is a UT or A&M fan first. I know a few TTU grads and while they watch those games, they’re far more likely to plan their Saturdays around UT games. One of them travels to the Cotton Bowl every year, he doesn’t go to any Tech road games.

I just had to look up the teams the BIG12 was even adding, I don’t think I’ve ever had to do that for a “power conference.” All I see are four more little brothers. No one is excited when the conference’s premier matchup is UCF vs Iowa State at 10:00pm on ESPN2. Maybe we’ll get lucky and also get Houston vs K-State at the 11:00am spot on FS1, a channel few people under the age of 40 have good access to.

If the money is significantly more, I guess we have to go B12, I just hope it doesn’t come with signing that 99 year oath. If this is more about exposure, I honestly don’t think joining the B12 is much of an upgrade. We’re either the niche streaming only conference, which at least is innovative or we’re relegated to secondary channels at bad times.

The B12 is a conference of little brothers and joining them feels like resigning ourselves to that status. Anecdotally, living in Texas, it seems like everyone is a UT or A&M fan first. I know a few TTU grads and while they watch those games, they’re far more likely to plan their Saturdays around UT games. One of them travels to the Cotton Bowl every year, he doesn’t go to any Tech road games.

I just had to look up the teams the BIG12 was even adding, I don’t think I’ve ever had to do that for a “power conference.” All I see are four more little brothers. No one is excited when the conference’s premier matchup is UCF vs Iowa State at 10:00pm on ESPN2. Maybe we’ll get lucky and also get Houston vs K-State at the 11:00am spot on FS1, a channel few people under the age of 40 have good access to.

If the money is significantly more, I guess we have to go B12, I just hope it doesn’t come with signing that 99 year oath. If this is more about exposure, I honestly don’t think joining the B12 is much of an upgrade. We’re either the niche streaming only conference, which at least is innovative or we’re relegated to secondary channels at bad times.
FS1 is a pretty major (national) sports channel. How do people not have that?

I think that’s where a lot of disconnect comes in. I have Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon, HBO, ESPN+, but no FS1.

Fox is where streaming goes to die. it’s the media company for old men.
It’s just “been on” every TV service we’ve ever had. It’s as common as wheat bread. We have a lot of streaming stuff that my wife buys but our base is also “regular old TV” for lack of a better term. There are a lot of sports on FS1….

Last edited:
I especially love their coverage of truck racing.
I like the football and basketball. FS1 comes with Xfinity, which we’ve always had in order to get PAC12 Network. Geez guys I didn’t know that having something as run of the mill and common as FS1 was such a daring and bizarre act. We have tons of steaming stuff too if that makes you feel better. How could I watch my FCS football in fall without ESPN+?

Last edited:
I want us to stay in the P12 for two reasons:

1.) I just cut the cable cord and if we did Apple TV+ that would make my life easier.
2.) Boomer tears are ****ing delicious. I want us to ignore the B12 and everything associated with it. Then I want us to change ALL of our jerseys so there is zero tradition associated with them. Instead of the gigantic block “COLORADO” I want players names on the front. ALL. THE. BOOMER. TEARS.

Back