What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I apologize. YouTuber 'Gold & Blue Dude'
tonight throwing **** against the wall

Vanessa Lachey Hawaii GIF by CBS

Coincidently MHver3 (the WVa guy that thinks he knows everything) tweeted this morning that a very prominent booster for Colorado is now
threatening to pull all funding from the school if CU doesn't start actively seeking a way to get off the sinking PAC12 ship.

I find this laughable but interesting none the less.
It really seems to me that just in the last 4-5 days there's more and more smoke that the PAC is dead.

Not that CU has done anything the last 2 decades to put us in demand by the big conferences, but there may be no school less deserving of a BIG invite than Cal.
only for academics which blows my mind as I'd think the Front Range Denver Metro tv would make much more sense than Cal

Coincidently MHver3 (the WVa guy that thinks he knows everything) tweeted this morning that a very prominent booster for Colorado is now
threatening to pull all funding from the school if CU doesn't start actively seeking a way to get off the sinking PAC12 ship.

It really seems to me that just in the last 4-5 days there's more and more smoke that the PAC is dead.
I didn't know we had a prominent booster.

There is no single booster for CU that has type of juice, at least not to my knowledge.

So, at some point will somebody summarize the 24/7 thing for us non-subscribers after the 24 hour, mutual "we know something you don't" time has elapsed? It's pretty tiresome to have that pop up over and over. Why not just stay over there and stroke each other rather than constantly posting it over here. It doesn't add anything to this site.

I don't think what he's saying is true. I mean I guess he could be talking about Solich, but a family friend of mine worked for GS at Cordillera as a fairly high level consultant and he's got club level seats.

He's said Solich has decreased what he's giving a couple of times.

So, at some point will somebody summarize the 24/7 thing for us non-subscribers after the 24 hour, mutual "we know something you don't" time has elapsed? It's pretty tiresome to have that pop up over and over. Why not just stay over there and stroke each other rather than constantly posting it over here. It doesn't add anything to this site.
Doom.

CU leaning towards Big XII. That's it.

Not that CU has done anything the last 2 decades to put us in demand by the big conferences, but there may be no school less deserving of a BIG invite than Cal.
Yeah- I really don't get this one. Their AD is in serious financial distress from their stadium project. They are sure a fit from an academic perspective.

Sure it does. I have a sub to 247, as do many others on this board. However, I almost never visit the site because 99% of the posts on that site are painful to read, and they end up having 50 threads on the exact same topic with the same group of idiots reposting their all of their ****ty takes.

Someone posting the link here allows me to see it, click it, read the information and get the **** out post haste. In other words, I appreciate the effort.

The short version? In the Buff has been fully erect since the referenced post went up.

Sure it does. I have a sub to 247, as do many others on this board. However, I almost never visit the site because 99% of the posts on that site are painful to read, and they end up having 50 threads on the exact same topic with the same group of idiots reposting their all of their ****ty takes.

Someone posting the link here allows me to see it, click it, read the information and get the **** out post haste. In other words, I appreciate the effort.

Like uglyrat for instance? Terrible handle, nonstop repetitive posts and spelling errors. One of the worst posters of all time on any message
board.

How about we just go HARD into the Big12 and try and pull a Texas and Run the conference our way, let Prime come in hot and shape it the way we want it to be and juice the payouts and build the infrastructure over there into the P3

B12 media guys have a penchant for making up absolute bull**** and passing it off as scoop from “sources”. Believe what you want, but I’m skeptical of any news on this subject from just about any source.

B12 media guys have a penchant for making up absolute bull**** and passing it off as scoop from “sources”. Believe what you want, but I’m skeptical of any news on this subject from just about any source.
There’s substantial smoke IMO. Baylor AD added his smoke this morning. The P12 situation is now known, at least to the presidents and ADs. It’s bleak. They are scrambling. Something real is afoot IMO

I don’t disagree with sentiment on Cal, but when I play out scenarios for CU joining the B1G, I have a hard time getting above fifth in the pecking order from the PAC members, behind W, UO, Furd, and Cal.

The one thing that CU could’ve done, which Oregon did, is to be really good in football. All of those schools, even Cal, have been more competitive than CU the last decade. Admittedly, Cal has been close to CU. It pains me how poorly the AD has been run at CU. Bill McCartney handed over a Ferrari and we immediately wrapped it around a tree.

Washington and Oregon are seen as the first two in. The problem that I see is that Cal and Stanford play a lot more sports than CU and are very close to USC/UCLA, they effectively shut off California entirely to other leagues, they have dominant academics, and Cal solves the weird revenue sharing issue with UCLA. CU doesn’t solve most of the travel issues for USC/UCLA.

Beyond those four, CU, ASU and Arizona offer about the same mix of positives and negatives.

That was my intention @leftybuff I wasn’t trying to play the “I know something you don’t” game. I only visit 24/7 occasionally and appreciate when people here, who visit more frequently, post a link to relevant info.

Jason Scheer being himself.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It means you left out the Crystal Ball quote about the deal. You pushed her to say they will stick together and she never did. I thought she was impressive not falling for it. <br><br>Also I reported unequal revenue being discussed in July 2022. Not bad for a guy in his basement, eh? <a href="https://t.co/jqAymjdZZG">https://t.co/jqAymjdZZG</a></p>&mdash; Jason Scheer (@jasonscheer) <a href="">February 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1677610145642.jpeg

Back