What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

What a coup it would be If the B12 added Colorado, Arizona, Washington, and Oregon.

Still think the B12 takes the 4 corners schools and UW and UO jump to the B1G. P12 + MWC merge to get a slightly elevated MWC conference.

Oregon and Washington should be left to rot. Screw both those programs.
Nah. Oregon and Washington joining would create a solid conference. It'd be great if it was Oregon, Washington and Utah, IMO. Three legitimate top 25 football programs added to a mix of CU, Oklahoma State, TCU and TTU. It'd still be third best, but it'd be respectable by any standard.

I don’t like them, but if they join then the Big 12 is a legitimate power conference for Colorado.
Since we’re dreaming the best combo is Oregon, Washington and Utah. Idk how Arizona weaseled their way into the convo but I’d take Utah any day over UA.

The part about the duplicative Utah markets… does that matter anymore? There’s no conference network w/ the B12 so I see this just about brand value.

Since we’re dreaming the best combo is Oregon, Washington and Utah. Idk how Arizona weaseled their way into the convo but I’d take Utah any day over UA.

The part about the duplicative Utah markets… does that matter anymore? There’s no conference network w/ the B12 so I see this just about brand value.
Arizona is in because:
1) unique TV market
2) elite basketball

Arizona adds to the basketball prestige more than anyone else, but I agree. CU basically moving and staying with Oregon, UW and Utah would be a good sign

Arizona would be a good add for basketball. Lots of compelling matchups there. With UCLA gone, B12 makes more sense for Arizona from a hoops perspective.

Back in 2021 tv partners asked the PAC to merge with the BIG12. They didn't want to. Now two years later, guess who getting their way?

Let Oregon, Utah and Washington fvcking rot on their own with their overinflated sense of entitlement. What the actual fvck have any of them done in the last 25 years worthy of being able to impose their will on any conference?

A couple things...

Is there verbage with the expanded playoff auto bids that conferences have to be "as is"? I would think 25% of the teams leaving would have literally every other conference bitching and keeping to cancel the PAC 12s auto bid, G5s and other P5s alike. Especially without the LA schools CU, and mystery team 4 and being an 8 team conference. If that's the case, the whole argument that Oregon and Washington have the easiest path to an auto bid may be in question. That certainly makes the likelihood of them jumping ship higher, being more than just a money decision.

Another thing, I get the feeling that the Oregon/UW package deal isn't as much of a package as we think. IMO, they pushed the packaged deal to be more appealing for a 2 team expansion to the B1G. Things have changed and it's nut cutting time. I guarantee they'd both slit the other's throat to get on the life raft. They can always posture for the B1G in a couple years still.

Finally, hats off to RG and the administration for having the balls to jump. There are some teams that sat on their dick and will likely be ****ed. We may be going home with a 7 now, but if we didn't beat better teams to the table, we may have lost our spot to Oregon/Washington and would be stuck at home jerking off into a paper sack.

A couple things...

Is there verbage with the expanded playoff auto bids that conferences have to be "as is"? I would think 25% of the teams leaving would have literally every other conference bitching and keeping to cancel the PAC 12s auto bid, G5s and other P5s alike. Especially without the LA schools CU, and mystery team 4 and being an 8 team conference. If that's the case, the whole argument that Oregon and Washington have the easiest path to an auto bid may be in question. That certainly makes the likelihood of them jumping ship higher, being more than just a money decision.

Another thing, I get the feeling that the Oregon/UW package deal isn't as much of a package as we think. IMO, they pushed the packaged deal to be more appealing for a 2 team expansion to the B1G. Things have changed and it's nut cutting time. I guarantee they'd both slit the other's throat to get on the life raft. They can always posture for the B1G in a couple years still.

Finally, hats off to RG and the administration for having the balls to jump. There are some teams that sat on their dick and will likely be ****ed. We may be going home with a 7 now, but if we didn't beat better teams to the table, we may have lost our spot to Oregon/Washington and would be stuck at home jerking off into a paper sack.
playoff autobids go to the six highest ranked conference champions. i don't believe it specifies which conferences at all, so that allows for any degree of realignment.

link

Consolidation of Oregon, UW and Utah into the Big 12 would effectively get rid of the P5 and create a true P4 and be much better for everyone involved for the CFP. 4 Autobids and 8 at large
Apparently Oregon is going “to do some other things”. Makes sense. 🧐 Kidding, guy has no idea what to do w/ Oregon.

Let Oregon, Utah and Washington fvcking rot on their own with their overinflated sense of entitlement. What the actual fvck have any of them done in the last 25 years worthy of being able to impose their will on any conference?
What does that even mean? Impose their will? We're talking about adding them to the same conference CU has just moved to because it would be the best thing for the conference.

Back