What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

giphy.gif

The news from Dinich at ESPN (who is attractive at certain angles) that b12 is looking at 1 more. I don’t buy that. Look at what happened w/ CU. One left and all are panicking. If another leaves? Two more follow. They’ll find the money.

I’m wondering if the UO/UW decision is going to simply be a battle between B1G/Fox saying wait and ESPN/B12 (yes also Fox) saying come on in.

Hearing rumors csewe applied to the P12.

If I knew how to link a twit, I would but Jim Williams saying

SDSU
Rice
csewe
SMU
Tulane
UNLV
Fresno
BSU
Tulsa
Memphis

all throwing darts at the P12-3 conference alignment board

Now, that's what I call trading up.

Last edited:
If you have the opportunity to add Oregon, Washington and Arizona to your conference, you do it. No questions asked. This bull**** about there being one spot left is just posturing.
Sort of.

My understanding of the TV deal is that Fox authorized a pro-rata for additional P5 schools up to 14 total. ESPN authorized the addition for a total of 16 programs.

Fox won't pay for the additional two programs unless they are the right teams.

It's either UW, UO and UA or it's just UA.

If you have the opportunity to add Oregon, Washington and Arizona to your conference, you do it. No questions asked. This bull**** about there being one spot left is just posturing.
dream scenario for this ****ty situation: We get in full share, and two of UA/UO/UW have to take reduced payouts.

That's so ridiculous but it's funny.

Sort of.

My understanding of the TV deal is that Fox authorized a pro-rata for additional P5 schools up to 14 total. ESPN authorized the addition for a total of 16 programs.

Fox won't pay for the additional two programs unless they are the right teams.

It's either UW, UO and UA or it's just UA.
All three of those teams are the right teams. This is posturing.

Agreed, as long as the networks are willing to go pro rata for their payouts. The Big 12 going to 16 to match the B1G and SEC is the logical and smart thing to do, especially if the other three additions are two marquee P5 and another one that brings a marquee hoops program.

On that note, some nationally guys talking about the motivation of the Big 12 to make it the premier MBB conference not only being due to increasing MBB revenues, but also because it essentially ties the Big 12 to the B1G and SEC in a general capacity since those two conferences will need the Big 12 for hoops.

Basically, having the elite MBB conference could help keep the Big 12 as part of a P3 system in the future.

Agreed, as long as the networks are willing to go pro rata for their payouts. The Big 12 going to 16 to match the B1G and SEC is the logical and smart thing to do, especially if the other three additions are two marquee P5 and another one that brings a marquee hoops program.

On that note, some nationally guys talking about the motivation of the Big 12 to make it the premier MBB conference not only being due to increasing MBB revenues, but also because it essentially ties the Big 12 to the B1G and SEC in a general capacity since those two conferences will need the Big 12 for hoops.

Basically, having the elite MBB conference could help keep the Big 12 as part of a P3 system in the future.
It's a good "high floor, low ceiling" strategy. Football moves the needle, but like you said they need basketball to survive. The big question is what happens if the B1G and SEC decide to start bringing in some decent hoops? SEC grabs Baylor and Arizona, B1G grabs UConn and Kansas. Then they're in trouble - but it at least lets them survive another day which is more than can be said about the P12. So yay?

It's a good "high floor, low ceiling" strategy. Football moves the needle, but like you said they need basketball to survive. The big question is what happens if the B1G and SEC decide to start bringing in some decent hoops? SEC grabs Baylor and Arizona, B1G grabs UConn and Kansas. Then they're in trouble - but it at least lets them survive another day which is more than can be said about the P12. So yay?
Right. That's obviously where the rub lies, but with football controlling revenues, I can't see those two conferences making further expansion decisions solely based on basketball as KU, UCONN, Baylor, and Arizona would be completely dilutive to their current conference members' revenue. There's really no motivation to get rid of the Big 12 entirely, unless they believe that going to 24 teams each would be the most profitable model (which might ultimately be the case), in which case it would still be mostly about football.

Its not a game changer. Its a dog **** conference full of ****ty programs in boring states populated by fascism loving republicans. Outside of BBQ the food is awful too.

It's a conference with a TV deal. Our choice essentially was floating at sea while waiting for the top of the line yacht to show up and save us or being in a run down lifeboat with a bunch of assholes. Where do you think you have a higher chance of survival? It buys us time and a chance to capitalise on the Prime hire and - fingers crossed - parlay that into a spot on the top of the line yacht a few years down the line. Our opinion and personal preference who we are in a conference doesn't matter here, this is kill or be killed.

Thye will go Indy as soon as the vote to add any of those gets through. The thought of Stanford welcoming colleagues from Tulsa is hilarious.
You have no idea how conflicted you just made @Not Sure right now.

EDIT - ****, I'm a dumbass and thought you wrote Tulane instead of Tulsa.

Hearing rumors csewe applied to the P12.

If I knew how to link a twit, I would but Jim Williams saying

SDSU
Rice
csewe
SMU
Tulane
UNLV
Fresno
BSU
Tulsa
Memphis

all throwing darts at the P12-3 conference alignment board

Now, that's what I call trading up.
lol not sure there will be anybody there to review their application completed in crayon.

That’s exactly why I love it Ken. They tried their little hearts out. We didn’t give a **** and hired Karl Dorrell. Yet here we are. Smug. Champions. Lording over their little blue collar Mormon asses from afar. Let them burn and accept their sins of arrogance and hubris

The Mormons are primarily at BYU.

I'm talking about at the schools themselves. Far more Mormons at BYU than at UU.
7u1u95.jpg

Don't overthink it, buffarino. **** UU, they should get left behind. We'll still have to deal with them in BYU form in our new conference. **** them all.

7u1u95.jpg

Don't overthink it, buffarino. **** UU, they should get left behind. We'll still have to deal with them in BYU form in our new conference. **** them all.
In reality, Utah isn't getting an invite. I think it's just Arizona. And then if Oregon and UW want to come, they will be accepted as well. Nobody else moves the needle for the B12. And their media partner has indicated they only want one more (total of 14) unless Oregon and UW want to come. Then they are OK going to 16.

Back