What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Its not a game changer. Its a dog **** conference full of ****ty programs in boring states populated by fascism loving republicans. Outside of BBQ the food is awful too.
Could you whine a little more? Then don’t watch the games. you self righteous piece of crap!

I'm just waiting for the Rams to get their P12 invite.
Lonely Where Are You GIF by Travis

This sums up most people's thoughts, IMO. It's a great short term solution for CU and the Big 12, but everything is still trending toward big time CFB leaving everyone behind except B1G and SEC.

The problem the league faces is that while the $31 million Colorado and the rest of the league will pocket annually is better than what's on offer in the Pac-12, the Big Ten and SEC will still make far more. Every year, the gap between those two leagues and the Big 12 will widen a little further until the situation becomes untenable to somebody, and it will eventually find itself in the Pac-12's situation.

So while Colorado's move to the Big 12 is good for the school and conference in the short term, nobody wins here. The Big 12 is simply losing more slowly.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. While I'm conflicted on Utah, I'm not conflicted on WSU and OSU. They deserve to be in a quality Power Conference. The Beavs and Cougs are doing it right.
Maybe so, but this looks to be one of those times where you're better off being the first mover. We've always known someone is going to be left without a seat at the table, and unfortunately they're probably going to be stuck in the Conference That Used To Be The PAC 12.

This is starting to look like relegation.... but not tied to games won/lost... just flat out economics.

Why not move? we can always jump up to the Big 10 in a few years.....:rolleyes:

Maybe so, but this looks to be one of those times where you're better off being the first mover. We've always known someone is going to be left without a seat at the table, and unfortunately they're probably going to be stuck in the Conference That Used To Be The PAC 12.
Say the Big12 only takes UofA and the Pac12 scrambles to get a somewhat decent media deal done. Could we see this as the new Pac12? Discuss.

Oregon
Washington
Cal
Fresno State
OSU
ASU
Utah
WSU
Boise State
San Diego State
UNLV
SMU

Oh. Ok. I guess I view Utah as a team I will tune in to watch. I almost never deliberately watch OSU or WSU. They both feel very Mountain Westy
Oregon State may play in the conference championship this year (I mean, I guess you could say that about any team, but they are expected to be good) and WSU is fun to watch. I'll always watch a WSU game. WSU on PAC after dark was one of my favorite things.

Oregon State may play in the conference championship this year (I mean, I guess you could say that about any team, but they are expected to be good) and WSU is fun to watch. I'll always watch a WSU game. WSU on PAC after dark was one of my favorite things.
Yep, Oregon State is finally projected to be good. Like most of the Big 12, though, their brand sucks and they just don't have a ton of appeal for me. Maybe 5-6 more years of quality play would put them on the Utah level for me?

WSU under Leach was entertaining. I know they still run a similar system and what not, but they aren't the same program they were a few years ago and like OSU, they just don't appeal to me.

Both programs actually have a very Big 12 feel to them (IMO at least)

I also get that you likely have these opinions because you are from the Pac NW (I think).

Stanford is gone. The writing is on the wall. Cal, ASU, Utah, OSU and WSU are in a really bad spot.
Brilliant management strategy by the California Board of Regents letting UCLA ditch Cal without a media deal in place and that massive stadium debt. UCLA isn’t going to be making much more than the B12 if they have to cover the nut for both schools.

This sums up most people's thoughts, IMO. It's a great short term solution for CU and the Big 12, but everything is still trending toward big time CFB leaving everyone behind except B1G and SEC.

None of the writers asked about the B12 exit fee (was it negotiated down? doesn’t seem like it) and if it was a sticking point. I get there’s an adrenaline rush w/ moving conferences but it’s the 2nd time we’ve moved in the past 12 years. RG and Phil got off easy not having to answer a single question about it.

Yep, Oregon State is finally projected to be good. Like most of the Big 12, though, their brand sucks and they just don't have a ton of appeal for me. Maybe 5-6 more years of quality play would put them on the Utah level for me?

WSU under Leach was entertaining. I know they still run a similar system and what not, but they aren't the same program they were a few years ago and like OSU, they just don't appeal to me.

I also get that you likely have these opinions because you are from the Pac NW (I think).
My PNW roots definitely influences my appreciation for both of those teams. And I agree that Corvallis and especially Pullman have a Big XII feel to them. I'm too lazy (and allegedly working right now - but as you'll see from my recent post count, that's a dubious claim) to look it up, but I wonder how the Win/Loss records from the last 25 years stacks up against the "better" brands.

This is starting to look like relegation.... but not tied to games won/lost... just flat out economics.

Why not move? we can always jump up to the Big 10 in a few years.....:rolleyes:
Play nice with ESPN now and you might get thrown a bone before all is said and done. Not saying it will happen but if the SEC ever went to 24, CU could be in lime for one of the last spots.

I hope someone better than UConn shows up. But hey one thing I believe to be true— Coach Prime and this staff and the way the roster is getting built— we can own this conference sooner rather than later and then see what happens.

Say the Big12 only takes UofA and the Pac12 scrambles to get a somewhat decent media deal done. Could we see this as the new Pac12? Discuss.

Oregon
Washington
Cal
Fresno State
OSU
ASU
Utah
WSU
Boise State
San Diego State
UNLV
SMU
That looks like a best case scenario at this point. I still think UW/Oregon are on their way out.

The problems with OSU and WSU have nothing to do with their competitiveness, the product they put out or the ratings they get. It's all about not being a major market team, a national brand or the premier brand in a mid-major market while being good, reputable institutions but not being academic elites. So they don't move the needle to elevate a major conference in the expansion game.

There are lesser schools than them with similar profiles that are enjoying life as a legacy member of a stable conference which have no worries right now. So much of this is about timing. Hell, there are P5s which are smaller, less funded, in worse markets, with lesser athletic facilities and a lesser academic standing than G5s like CSU or Buffalo or others. What's going on is unfair in a lot of ways.

I'm honestly wondering if we're all looking the wrong way on the additional team.

What if the smoke in Tallahassee is real?

Now assume they're the next in, and it's only two spots between UO, UW @ UA?

Got to be UO & UW if we're thinking about positioning to be part of an eventual "Power 3" landscape with a conference that could be within economic spitting distance and couldn't be left out.

I'm honestly wondering if we're all looking the wrong way on the additional team.

What if the smoke in Tallahassee is real?

Now assume they're the next in, and it's only two spots between UO, UW @ UA?
FSU could be a travel partner with UCF, they could even give them shoes. But that might be a bridge too far. I am not sure the B12 wants a 2 front war with the P12-3 and the ACC.

Back