What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Neither program likely adds anything to either conference’s current media rights, so why would they make a move, especially one that would probably require the conferences picking up some of the buyout from the ACC? If anything, they can let those two go to the Big 12 if that’s the move and then reevaluate the landscape in 5 years
It seems AAU is still a big deal to BIG which already disqualifies both programs. I guess the P2 conferences could offer a third of the money and maybe both would bite, otherwise it’s Big 12 or they stay in the ACC for the short term.

If we could pick any 8 (assumes the B1G & SEC don't make a move), my picks would be:

Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
North Carolina
NC State
VA Tech
Pitt

Alternately: "Notre Dame - is there a selection of schools and scheduling format which would get you to join?"
Louisville is 100% one of your top 4 programs to poach from the ACC

You’re right.

Better.
As in BYU vs Utah is better - yes, by a mile. Not a remotely comparable rivalry. In CU vs CSU, you have big brother vs littler brother who have for most of their history been in two different conference tiers. One team has a national title and Heisman winner and has won 74% of the matchups. The other has a lamb as a mascot.

In the Holy War you have two teams that hate each other and both consider the other as their primary rival. The series leader has won 61% of the matchups, while the other has a national title, a Heisman winner, a better bowl history, more consensus all-Americans, and more first round draft picks. And both teams regularly sell out with more than 50,000 fans.

As in BYU vs Utah is better - yes, by a mile. Not a remotely comparable rivalry. In CU vs CSU, you have big brother vs littler brother who have for most of their history been in two different conference tiers. One team has a national title and Heisman winner and has won 74% of the matchups. The other has a lamb as a mascot.

In the Holy War you have two teams that hate each other and both consider the other as their primary rival. The series leader has won 61% of the matchups, while the other has a national title, a Heisman winner, a better bowl history, more consensus all-Americans, and more first round draft picks. And both teams regularly sell out with more than 50,000 fans.
idk man still seems close

Why isn't Miami being mentioned as a no brainer addition? The historical brand is every bit as big as FSU.

It's too bad the Big 12 had to expand with and legitimize as power schools Cincy, Houston and UCF and water down what could be a fairly respectable conference if these ACC programs end up joining.

Why isn't Miami being mentioned as a no brainer addition? The historical brand is every bit as big as FSU.

It's too bad the Big 12 had to expand with and legitimize as power schools Cincy, Houston and UCF and water down what could be a fairly respectable conference if these ACC programs end up joining.
I think someone already mentioned Miami.

I think someone already mentioned Miami.
Pointing Laughing GIF

the big cares about AAU affiliation. the b12 and the sec do not.

if fsu gets itself out of the acc, there will be a lot of dominoes that will fall thereafter.

fsu, and clemson are not AAU ---

I like Miami as an addition. Devil's advocate: they have incredibly fair weather fans, and it is not at all uncommon to see that stadium absolutely empty.

I agree the Big XII would be a bit sexier without UCF/ Cincy/ UH, but those had to be added (along with BYU) when they were just to stabilize the conference.

5 bowls for 2 teams. PAC-12 is going to absorb MWC 10000%

I like Miami as an addition. Devil's advocate: they have incredibly fair weather fans, and it is not at all uncommon to see that stadium absolutely empty.

I agree the Big XII would be a bit sexier without UCF/ Cincy/ UH, but those had to be added (along with BYU) when they were just to stabilize the conference.
I don’t think Miami even has a true stadium for themselves.

The Big 12 is just obviously lacking brand name programs. FSU and Clemson would obviously elevate the entire league, but Miami is still a valuable brand and are on a trajectory to get back to national competitiveness under Cristobal.

The Big 12 is just obviously lacking brand name programs. FSU and Clemson would obviously elevate the entire league, but Miami is still a valuable brand and are on a trajectory to get back to national competitiveness under Cristobal.
Ya I don't disagree. And I think Miami might actually be a viable option (I don't believe FSU or Clemson is ever coming).

Back