What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

GJ more fun than Boulder?

Alicia Silverstone Sweatpants GIF by Paramount Movies
Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

Colorado makes the cut if you believe this guy.
He's talking about information he got about the schools who made the cut if this Middle Eastern group of investors creates a Super Conference.
Not sure I believe this but it's good to see CU on the right side of things.
I could see CU making the cut. Flagship university in a growing state with a decent sized metro. Some of the others are harder to see. KSU or KU not both imo. Same with OU and OSU.

Boise State joining other Big Ten teams to form a new college esports conference. This is really going to shake up college athletes. :rolleyes:

If you can't join the big leagues in football, you can do something about it in Rocket League!

Boise State joining other Big Ten teams to form a new college esports conference. This is really going to shake up college athletes. :rolleyes:

If you can't join the big leagues in football, you can do something about it in Rocket League!
When did computer club become “esports”?

Let's say, for example, the Big 12 could get UConn for everything but football but some sort of football scheduling alliance and a path for future football membership.

I think I'd be in favor of this.
I mean, to what end? What is their plan with basketball? Great, the Big 12 is the best basketball conference and it's not even close, but how does that increase the pie in a meaningful way?

Let's say, for example, the Big 12 could get UConn for everything but football but some sort of football scheduling alliance and a path for future football membership.

I actually am fully in the camp that Conferences are USELESS and unnecessary for Football from here on out.
Colorado Football Incorporated by itself is a $500M to $1B operation and does not need a middle man anymore to steer our future
The conferences are so imbalanced and so out of whack without having a competitive framework that we all work within
There is no other league or competition in the world that is so out of whack with competitive imbalance and format
I would prefer to see a new Group of Football Organizations within CFB form if the ACC blows up and would not want to see anymore teams join the B1G10 or SEC
Get programs like Colorado, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Duke, Virginia Tech to form College Franchises and then have them all play each other in a clean and fair playing field format, but be very creative on funding and other aspects
The PROGRAMS can make the decisions together without the middle man.

I mean, to what end? What is their plan with basketball? Great, the Big 12 is the best basketball conference and it's not even close, but how does that increase the pie in a meaningful way?
I think it would make sense as a basketball only add. Makes no sense for everything else

I think it would make sense as a basketball only add. Makes no sense for everything else
Sounds like it would be for all sports with football joining in 2031. I assume they've had discussions with networks/streamers and believe there is opportunity in MBB TV rights? Maybe the long game is that by acquiring all the premier MBB programs outside of a few, it gives them some leverage with the B1G and SEC on the football side down the road? I don't know, that's about all I got cause I don't see how this helps the conference become more competitive with the B1G and SEC.

I actually am fully in the camp that Conferences are USELESS and unnecessary for Football from here on out.
Colorado Football Incorporated by itself is a $500M to $1B operation and does not need a middle man anymore to steer our future
The conferences are so imbalanced and so out of whack without having a competitive framework that we all work within
There is no other league or competition in the world that is so out of whack with competitive imbalance and format
I would prefer to see a new Group of Football Organizations within CFB form if the ACC blows up and would not want to see anymore teams join the B1G10 or SEC
Get programs like Colorado, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Duke, Virginia Tech to form College Franchises and then have them all play each other in a clean and fair playing field format, but be very creative on funding and other aspects
The PROGRAMS can make the decisions together without the middle man.
Message board geniuses repost in 5…4…3…2…1

Sounds like it would be for all sports with football joining in 2031. I assume they've had discussions with networks/streamers and believe there is opportunity in MBB TV rights? Maybe the long game is that by acquiring all the premier MBB programs outside of a few, it gives them some leverage with the B1G and SEC on the football side down the road? I don't know, that's about all I got cause I don't see how this helps the conference become more competitive with the B1G and SEC.

Yea, basketball has been a non-starter when it comes to any conference expansion discussions. Of the arguably top 4 blue-blood programs, KU and Duke have been a non-factor in future expansion talks, Kentucky is already set and UNC is only being talked about as the top expansion candidate because neither the B1G or SEC is in North Carolina and that is a logical expansion target for either conference and UNC brinks a big brand despite their apathy towards football.

UConn is not a historical blue blood but they've been the most dominant program over the past 25 years. I can't ever see them becoming even a mid-tier FBS program and they're located in a college football wasteland that is dominated by pro sports.

That would be a good way to get UConn up to speed in football. The state could be convinced to put money towards renovating their football stadium in Hartford.

Wonder who the 18th school would be?

That would be a good way to get UConn up to speed in football. The state could be convinced to put money towards renovating their football stadium in Hartford.

Wonder who the 18th school would be?
SDSU on the same type of package?

SoCal market & PTZ. Great basketball but not as elite while bringing a lot more to the table in football. Needs time to do stadium expansion & ramp up, but has commitment & resources.

I like them better than others I can think of like Memphis or UNLV which have more of a hoops brand & the resources to be competitive in football. Maybe Villanova if they wanted to commit to a 7-year runway to build their football to FBS & invested like hell in facilities for it?

I’m as big of a homer as there is but this seems like a stretch. The Broncs sold for $4.65B…and they’re valued as a top tier NFL franchise. CU is nowhere near a 1/4 of that value
MLS teams are worth $1B
The Broncos were sold with no stadium ownership, if the Waltons build a $2-3B stadium, then the Broncos go up and up
Folsom Field and the Champions Center would be included in the value. Building a stadium would cost $300M alone

IMG_3776.jpeg

MLS teams are worth $1B
The Broncos were sold with no stadium ownership, if the Waltons build a $2-3B stadium, then the Broncos go up and up
Folsom Field and the Champions Center would be included in the value. Building a stadium would cost $300M alone

View attachment 75006
My guess is that the stadium is so entwined with the university and any land grants it received that if there were any hypothetical “CU FB Inc.” it would be near impossible to include ownership with FB and not the university.

Second, that’s what an NFL franchise actually sold for. Zillow can tell me my house is worth $100m but that doesn’t mean that’s what the market would actually support. In this case we’ll never know what these programs would actually fetch in the open market bc they’ll never “change ownership.” With that said, if those MLS values are somewhat accurate than you’re probably right. CU would have to at least be at $500m. What that means I don’t know 🤷

SDSU on the same type of package?

SoCal market & PTZ. Great basketball but not as elite while bringing a lot more to the table in football. Needs time to do stadium expansion & ramp up, but has commitment & resources.

I like them better than others I can think of like Memphis or UNLV which have more of a hoops brand & the resources to be competitive in football. Maybe Villanova if they wanted to commit to a 7-year runway to build their football to FBS & invested like hell in facilities for it?
Nah it’s all about destabilizing and poaching from the ACC.

Back