What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Idaho, Idaho State, Montana, Montana State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Wyoming and E Washington would make a damn fine conference.
I wonder if they all generally participate in the same slate of sports?

If they all participate in the same 14-15 sports outside of fb/bb, that makes the hypothetical conference pretty great on a lot of levels.

But if they've all gone in different directions on the non fb/bb sports, it would change the reality.

They haven't even selected the final developer my dude

My dad did consulting work on the potential bond issuance for the light rail train in Honolulu before I was born; the train started service last year. That's over 30 years, and I think they were flirting with the train idea beginning even in '60s.

They have been talking about fixing up the War Memorial Natatorium in Honolulu for just as long with no obvious progress.

Having a large stadium like Aloha was good for Hawaii in many ways... but it is so glacially slow to build an infrastructure project there that I wonder whether it gets done. I doubt the Pro Bowl would come back... without the Rainbow Warriors as a major tenant, it's hard to image how it gets paid for if there is nothing to go see.

It probably deserves its own thread, but serious congrats to csu on the move to the pac. They have a strong foundation of 6 schools now and a legit chance at an auto bid for the new conference. I bet Stanford and cal are kicking themselves now although the idea of Fresno and Stanford in the same conference is hysterical to me.

I think college ball needs 5 legit power conferences to spread the power out from the sec and big. And perhaps create more optionality for the next round of changes… you do have to wonder who the next 2 adds for the p12 will be—- the problem is there just aren’t that many programs left that would help their case for an auto bid. I wonder if they try to pick off 2 or more from the big 12…

The chaos continues!

Idaho, Idaho State, Montana, Montana State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Wyoming and E Washington would make a damn fine conference.

That would be an awesome conference that could move up to FBS.

That would be an awesome conference that could move up to FBS.
Lebron James No GIF by Uninterrupted

San Jose State is more likely than not to drop football, which they’ve considered twice already since 2008.

Air Force off to the conference of military academies.

Hawaii is in a real bind. If they don’t ever get an invite to new Pac 12, I don’t see where else they fit. There are effectively zero other FBS schools to partner with on the west coast and beyond that the travel becomes unworkable. Throw in a limited budget and no stadium, it looks even more bleak.

UNLV will likely get an offer to Pac 12 if MWC dissolves and no buyout.

Nevada, and New Mexico have some limited options, but not great.

Wyoming seems like it will drop to Big Sky, perhaps with Utah State.

They went from the mwc to the mwc...not seeing it
I think the P12 is still technically grandfathered into the "autonomous conference" grouping with the NCAA. This gives the conference, and the schools within it, much more flexibility on a variety of things than they have within the MWC. They also now have a stronger "brand."

1. I don't know how much longer the "autonomous conference" advantage will last - if that was a forever grant, if it's renewed, rescinded "if X," etc.
2. also don't know how long the "brand value" will continue.

I think the P12 is still technically grandfathered into the "autonomous conference" grouping with the NCAA. This gives the conference, and the schools within it, much more flexibility on a variety of things than they have within the MWC. They also now have a stronger "brand."

1. I don't know how much longer the "autonomous conference" advantage will last - if that was a forever grant, if it's renewed, rescinded "if X," etc.

Think it expires in 2026

1726164105107.png

It probably deserves its own thread, but serious congrats to csu on the move to the pac. They have a strong foundation of 6 schools now and a legit chance at an auto bid for the new conference. I bet Stanford and cal are kicking themselves now although the idea of Fresno and Stanford in the same conference is hysterical to me.

I think college ball needs 5 legit power conferences to spread the power out from the sec and big. And perhaps create more optionality for the next round of changes… you do have to wonder who the next 2 adds for the p12 will be—- the problem is there just aren’t that many programs left that would help their case for an auto bid. I wonder if they try to pick off 2 or more from the big 12…

The chaos continues!
Lol that league is not getting an autobid.

Pac-12 was redesignated as a non autonomous conference back in April. No more grandfather. They're just as G5 as the rest of them now. THey do get the tail out of the existing NCAA shares and CFB payouts though prior to this season.

Lol that league is not getting an autobid.
We are in a **** conference with at least 6 or more schools that shouldn’t be in an auto bid conference but here we are. Big and sec have to worry about antitrust and more. If the pac makes a couple more defensible adds then they are as worthy as the b12

The chaos continues!
Problem with the PAC is the fans don't care about any of those teams football. There was 25k at the SDSU v OSU game the other day. How many people are showing up for CSU vs Anyone not named CU? All the SEC hype used annoy the crap out of me. I now live in SEC country after living in CO forever and college football is truly different. The local Savannah GA affiliate had a half dozen reporters do live TV from across GA into SC for week one prior to UGA v Clemson. They had their own gameday football show, bypassing the national broadcast and had a reporter at every college in GA talking about whatever match up, as well as a reporter in Columbia SC for the Gamecocks.

In CO you are lucky to get 2 minutes of college football talk before everything switches to talking about the Broncos and who should be the third string QB.

Problem with the PAC is the fans don't care about any of those teams football. There was 25k at the SDSU v OSU game the other day. How many people are showing up for CSU vs Anyone not named CU? All the SEC hype used annoy the crap out of me. I now live in SEC country after living in CO forever and college football is truly different. The local Savannah GA affiliate had a half dozen reporters do live TV from across GA into SC for week one prior to UGA v Clemson. They had their own gameday football show, bypassing the national broadcast and had a reporter at every college in GA talking about whatever match up, as well as a reporter in Columbia SC for the Gamecocks.

In CO you are lucky to get 2 minutes of college football talk before everything switches to talking about the Broncos and who should be the third string QB.
Oh no, now that CU is having issues, the radio guys talk about them quite frequently actually.

Fair, but its a defacto autobid to the power 4. They will 99.9999999% of the time be the four highest ranked conference champs.

That doesn't mean all four power conferences will get into the CFP every year. There could be two G5 champs in the CFP and that is what the Pac-12 is aiming for.

We are in a **** conference with at least 6 or more schools that shouldn’t be in an auto bid conference but here we are. Big and sec have to worry about antitrust and more. If the pac makes a couple more defensible adds then they are as worthy as the b12
Ideally, the ACC and B12 both die so the most valuable can form something new together as a legit Power 3.

That doesn't mean all four power conferences will get into the CFP every year. There could be two G5 champs in the CFP and that is what the Pac-12 is aiming for.
In no world will there be a CFP without at least one member from each of the Power 4. Absolutely no chance.

In no world will there be a CFP without at least one member from each of the Power 4. Absolutely no chance.
I'm going to say you're going to far.

it's not out of the question that this year the five autobids to go SEC, B1G, XII, Pac12, American.

signed in despair,

fan of an ACC team

Back