What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Seems like not fully knowing the House settlement details is a tricky situation for any more moves.

I hate that money we generated is helping the Sheep out in any way.

I think there will be changes by 2026 to not allow this PACwhatever to have any path to the playoffs

No Way GIF

Temp facility. Aloha has been shut down since the beginning of COVID-19 due to safety reasons. Now with today's news, the state might just give the money to the school and the school will construct a new stadium at where the temp facility is located.
Hawaii as FCS makes more sense

They are at the FBS minimum of 16 sports so they can't cut skiing.
Interesting. The New Mexico Board of Regents actually voted to eliminate the ski program back in 2017, but ultimately reversed that decision. I have a hard time seeing how their athletic department affords to stay FBS. Any payout to the remaining MWC schools is going to be terrible.

There's going to be so much more change and many dominoes to fall following the legal settlement/ structure of player compensation (who is willing/ able to pay at the top tier and be in the elite level for football?) and the ACC reshuffle.

I wonder if C-USA and AAC are going to wait to see how things shake out with the P4 (plus whatever the Pac-12 may do to get to its minimum requirement of 8 members) or if the MWC limbo will cause more quick realignment of these conferences prior to the P4 moves.

I'm curious about the benefits of doing this. They are not going be treated as a power 4 conference, so for schools like CSU or BSU, what's the difference does this move make?

Don't forget that ESPN has yet to opt into 2027-2036 for the ACC media rights and they have until February to do that. If not, the ACC media rights deal ends at the end of the 2026-27 athletic season. The Pac-6 can sit pretty and see if Cal, Sanford, and SMU will become available.

Don't forget that ESPN has yet to opt into 2027-2036 for the ACC media rights and they have until February to do that. If not, the ACC media rights deal ends at the end of the 2026-27 athletic season. The Pac-6 can sit pretty and see if Cal, Sanford, and SMU will become available.
Good point. It makes sense to let that run out and they can dictate where they want the Schools to go with other contracts in place. Then regulate the rest to obscurity

Is it?

If I’m an AFA fan, I want to join my academy brethren.

If I’m Wyoming fan, I want to be in FCS where I fit perfectly with Montana and Dakota schools. It would be more fun.

The feeling of being left behind sucks.

Wyoming needs to drop to FCS...their student body is just 11K which is much closer to FCS than FBS when it comes to school student size.

WYO would actually be in the bottom half of the Big Sky on enrollment.

FBS requires conferences to have at least eight to be a conference. When it comes to the FCS, you just only need six football playing schools to sponsor that sport. The Summit has the four Dakota schools and if you add Wyoming, they only need to add one more school to be able to sponsor the sport. UNC might be that school.

The Big Sky can invite Colorado Mesa because they make more geographical sense than UNC.

FBS requires conferences to have at least eight to be a conference. When it comes to the FCS, you just only need six football playing schools to sponsor that sport. The Summit has the four Dakota schools and if you add Wyoming, they only need to add one more school to be able to sponsor the sport. UNC might be that school.

The Big Sky can invite Colorado Mesa because they make more geographical sense than UNC.
Idaho, Idaho State, Montana, Montana State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Wyoming and E Washington would make a damn fine conference.

Back