What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Why is fly emphasized? Do they not normally fly places?
I don't know why they emphasized the flying part. The 1 1/2 hour bus ride and then a flight is their norm because I doubt the university owned airport in State College can handle the size plane which is needed for a football team and staff. The only real differences here are the extra 2-3 hours in the air and a 3-hour time zone difference. It definitely sucks, but it's also much easier to adjust to traveling west and gaining time than it is to travel east. Going east, you fall asleep at your normal time and your natural 11 pm becomes 2 am. Then you get up for your morning routine at 7 am local but your body and mind are telling you it's 4 am. Honestly, the ETZ teams have it much easier than the PTZ teams.

I don't know why they emphasized the flying part. The 1 1/2 hour bus ride and then a flight is their norm because I doubt the university owned airport in State College can handle the size plane which is needed for a football team and staff. The only real differences here are the extra 2-3 hours in the air and a 3-hour time zone difference. It definitely sucks, but it's also much easier to adjust to traveling west and gaining time than it is to travel east. Going east, you fall asleep at your normal time and your natural 11 pm becomes 2 am. Then you get up for your morning routine at 7 am local but your body and mind are telling you it's 4 am. Honestly, the ETZ teams have it much easier than the PTZ teams.
The bus ride is not their norm, which is Franklin’s whole point. They can use the local airport for normal B1G trips, but flying to LA (and presumably Seattle and Eugene), requires larger planes that carry more fuel, otherwise they would have to stop and refuel.

The extra 2-3 hours of round trip travel time on the bus to Harrisburg is unique to having to travel to the West coast

pulp-fiction.gif

Honest question: Assuming a flight to Chicago to play Northwestern or Illinois is a normal PSU B10 game flight.....why not fly there and then fly west?

Reasonably certain you can fly to LA from O'Hare

Last edited:
I hope this drives a runway expansion! Two of my largest clients are both in State College and so I travel there a few times each year and it sucks and costs a fortune. I’ve also driven it from Newark, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and it is seemingly a few hours from anywhere.

Honest question: Assuming a flight to Chicago to play Northwestern or Illinois is a normal PSU B10 game flight.....why not fly there and then fly west?

Leave for 10 days is a bit rough on college life and the expense would be really high.

Franklin said the other option is to connect somewhere, but that probably adds the same amount of time, if not more. The logistics for getting a P4 football team from PA to CA are really ****ty

Not a pilot but I'm sure there is a huge additional expense to land and refuel in Chicago compared to a bus ride to Pittsburgh for a direct flight.

About $128M per school if the revenues are split equally. How do you say no to something like that?
The big schools don’t want equality which is why the proposal calls for three different tiers of revenue and a relegation system between the tiers.

My question is if they would decide to get back to more practical regional conference alignment across the four conferences if the money was the same. Example: would SC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington come back to a west coast conference of all 4 were making the same “tier 1” amount?

About $128M per school if the revenues are split equally. How do you say no to something like that?

Eliminating games between P4 and G5 programs will absolutely decimate G5 football revenues and probably bleed over into non-revenue sports.

We would be better off, but a lot of schools that are good in sports other than football are going to be torched.

Eliminating games between P4 and G5 programs will absolutely decimate G5 football revenues and probably bleed over into non-revenue sports.

We would be better off, but a lot of schools that are good in sports other than football are going to be torched.

Nah if Idaho can drop down to FCS and be just fine after a couple of rough years, G5 schools should be okay. There really isn't that big of a difference between FCS & G5 anyway except for the number of scholarships & sports required to operate at the FBS level.

Nah if Idaho can drop down to FCS and be just fine after a couple of rough years, G5 schools should be okay. There really isn't that big of a difference between FCS & G5 anyway except for the number of scholarships & sports required to operate at the FBS level.
Truth is, many G5 programs don't even hit the actual requirements on attendance and whatnot to be FBS members but are given a pass. In fact, they had to get rid of the requirement last year. It was that you had to have average attendance of at least 15k over the past 2 seasons. Pretty much half the MAC should have been relegated by rule, for example.

Who would be the 8 permanent members of tier 1 revenue? Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas and Notre Dame? The other 8 that would comprise tier 1 but subject to relegation: Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Clemson and FSU?

A lot of bruised egos coming from this group

Back