What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

I find it a completely acceptable response to unapologetic hubris and general non-sequitors.

If you want to play semantics now that's fine. To be great I think it follows one would also be competent. But hey, nothing gives somebody more granular insight into individual player analysis than betting spreads.
You’ve played yourself again. Good work!

If you say so. None of us can match your intellect.
Again, you played yourself. Your position went from Montez greatness to Montez competence. Then, it went to “you’re right, but I am willing to look dumber because you know you’re right.” If you’ve got the analysis to beat what I’m saying, go right ahead. But, don’t pretend to be a mental giant and then spout some BS when you get called on it - especially when you’re taking on a very controversial opinion that Montez was awesome. We saw his consistently bad decisions for years. The evidence backs it up: Colorado couldn’t score because of his bad decisions. We lived and died with him on offense. Unfortunately, given the #80 and then worse #100 offenses in the country, we did a lot more dying than living.

Again, you played yourself. Your position went from Montez greatness to Montez competence. Then, it went to “you’re right, but I am willing to look dumber because you know you’re right.” If you’ve got the analysis to beat what I’m saying, go right ahead. But, don’t pretend to be a mental giant and then spout some BS when you get called on it - especially when you’re taking on a very controversial opinion that Montez was awesome. We saw his consistently bad decisions for years. The evidence backs it up: Colorado couldn’t score because of his bad decisions. We lived and died with him on offense. Unfortunately, given the #80 and then worse #100 offenses in the country, we did a lot more dying than living.
I've posted other stats that show he played just as well as his predecessor while having to overcome worse defenses. The links are several posts back if you'd like to take a look. You've not addressed any of it except call me names and make bizarre claims that because you gamble you know more than the rest of us. And then try to build an argument around semantics. There's literally no point in continuing the discussion. PPG is the only thing you want to discuss and everything else is dismissed.

You're convinced you're right. And at this point I doubt anything would be seriously considered.

So please, have the last word on the matter. I don't particularly care anymore.

Looking at the overall efficiency rankings CU finished:

2017 - 54
2018 - 85
2019 - 71

While not overly impressive when you consider the final rank of the recruiting classes he played with, the utter failure of the defenses he was saddled with and Sefo's rankings (2016 - 65, 2015 - 89, 2014 - 46), the predecessor he's most often compared to, he did just fine.

But I forgot, random dudes off the street set records all the time.

He probably just lacked ambition.
Sefo wasn't very good either, but he was big time leader who held teammates accountable and never slid short of first downs in critical situations. QB records at CU are mostly meaningless due to the lack of good ones we've had in the modern era of the forward pass. I also like how the Montez apologists are constantly pointing to the other players on the team and how they weren't any good like Montez himself was some Heisman-caliber talent that was slowed down because his OL couldn't block, WRs couldn't catch and defense wasn't that good. Give me a break.

Last edited:
I've posted other stats that show he played just as well as his predecessor while having to overcome worse defenses. The links are several posts back if you'd like to take a look. You've not addressed any of it except call me names and make bizarre claims that because you gamble you know more than the rest of us. And then try to build an argument around semantics. There's literally no point in continuing the discussion. PPG is the only thing you want to discuss and everything else is dismissed.

You're convinced you're right. And at this point I doubt anything would be seriously considered.

So please, have the last word on the matter. I don't particularly care anymore.
There’s no “us.” There’s just you.

This is where you’re lost: the argument has never been about whether or not Montez is comparable to Sefo. The argument is about whether or not Montez is beyond pedestrian. My argument has always been that Montez is a big reason why Colorado has been a five win team. My arguments have always been about that. You’ve chosen to get all up in arms because you don’t like my posting style or my positions.

As I mentioned, points is the best measure for how well the person who touches the ball in nearly every possession because of talent disparities in players in this sport. You find that sort of thing out when you spend your money on the games. While other stats are interesting and helpful in other sports, college football is really quite simple.

It is no coincidence that the best QBs in college also lead the highest scoring offenses. It’s almost as if scoring is how to judge the quality of a QB and therefore his offense.

CU should be able to go 5-7 without a middling to below average Pac 12 QB
If CU continues to field a defense that ranks in the 100s in most relevant defensive statistics that's going to be a herculean task for Tyler Lytle or Brendon Lewis to improve the record any.

Just dawned on me...

the NFL is making a catastrophic mistake doing free agency at this time! People playing a game, getting Millions and Millions of dollars at the very MOMENT that another economic recession tsunami is coming over the country! I always felt sports would step on its own throat and this might be it. Wrong time to throw around mega cash when people will be stressed out. Bad timing

Just dawned on me...

the NFL is making a catastrophic mistake doing free agency at this time! People playing a game, getting Millions and Millions of dollars at the very MOMENT that another economic recession tsunami is coming over the country! I always felt sports would step on its own throat and this might be it. Wrong time to throw around mega cash when people will be stressed out. Bad timing
Recession was coming. We need additional distractions free agency is helping my frayed nerves.

Recession was coming. We need additional distractions free agency is helping my frayed nerves.

But there is a huge disconnect with the salary of athletes and the reality of the fans. Just seems like they could have delayed the Free Agency until the main thrust passes, and showed a more caring front than to flaunt these new salaries and deals and guarantees. This guy gets $63 Million Guaranteed, but 50% of Americans may not get fully paid this week!!!

#INCENTIVE

But there is a huge disconnect with the salary of athletes and the reality of the fans. Just seems like they could have delayed the Free Agency until the main thrust passes, and showed a more caring front than to flaunt these new salaries and deals and guarantees. This guy gets $63 Million Guaranteed, but 50% of Americans may not get fully paid this week!!!

#INCENTIVE
Meh, doesn’t bother me in the slightest. People lose jobs all the time and make far less money than those guys. There’s no reason to shut it down because it might hurt people’s feelings. Like Manhattan said, it’s nice to be able to pay attention to something like that instead of COVID-19 100% of the time

Meh, doesn’t bother me in the slightest. People lose jobs all the time and make far less money than those guys. There’s no reason to shut it down because it might hurt people’s feelings. Like Manhattan said, it’s nice to be able to pay attention to something like that instead of COVID-19 100% of the time
Plus there is zero need for any of the work to be done F2F. Can be 100% remote.

I never thought he was a pure CB in the first place, but rather a versatile DB who could line up all over the field. He’s Kareem Jackson to me.
We keep seeing teams going to multiple receiver sets, also an increased focus on tight ends with WR like skills and backs going into the pattern. Having a guy who you call a safety but who has CB cover skills will be a big bonus to the defense.

Even when Chido was at CU one of his strong points was his ability to read what the offense was doing and run to the play instead of just sticking to his man or his zone.

Lining him up as a safety and letting him read and react could give him a shot at making some big plays.

Back