What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

That looks like 3/4 of the front range tbh

Just start naming communities outside of the city cores.

Fits much of Arapahoe county and Aurora, Jeffco, Adams County, Weld, Larimer, El Paso, Douglas, and more.

Unfortunately stick some mountains behind it and it could be a lot of mountain communities as well. Eagle, Summit, etc.

The O/U for Philip rushing today is 26.5. Last week it was 40 or 41. Vegas feels the lack of love
(will repeat on gambling board)

Sounds like the Chiefs have released Tedric. Was hoping he could stay on with them for a few seasons.

Average nfl career is 3.3 years, so TT has surpassed that and will likely bounce around or sit on some practice squads over the next couple years Id bet. Staying in the league is just as hard as making it there in the first place

Average nfl career is 3.3 years, so TT has surpassed that and will likely bounce around or sit on some practice squads over the next couple years Id bet. Staying in the league is just as hard as making it there in the first place
It really is incredible to think about. The margins of reaching success at that level are so minuscule. I wish more youth sport parents would understand that.

It really is incredible to think about. The margins of reaching success at that level are so minuscule. I wish more youth sport parents would understand that.

I played baseball and my varsity team had 3 pitchers drafted from it. We did not win state, but were seeded #1 and undefeated going into the state tournament in 5A.

Of those drafted, the best one then is now an Uber driver, another ended up playing high level D1 baseball and is now an entry level worker. The third, I lost contact with, but after his JUCO career, I Imagine he is manager at Best Buy now. I had scholarship opportunities but only at DII and JUCO. I chose CU and my path has been much more stable and rewarding.

I played baseball and my varsity team had 3 pitchers drafted from it. We did not win state, but were seeded #1 and undefeated going into the state tournament in 5A.

Of those drafted, the best one then is now an Uber driver, another ended up playing high level D1 baseball and is now an entry level worker. The third, I lost contact with, but after his JUCO career, I Imagine he is manager at Best Buy now. I had scholarship opportunities but only at DII and JUCO. I chose CU and my path has been much more stable and rewarding.
I know it sounds crazy but I am thankful that my knees got busted up early.

I had the size and the athletic ability to be a D1 lineman, I was never going to have that extra edge that would have allowed me to make a living at it. Other than the knees and an ankle that I dislocated playing basketball I have been relatively healthy my full adult life. I have travelled, climbed mountains, and been able to do all the "normal" things in life.

Most of the guys I know who went on to play at the college level not only have bad knees but most have bad backs. The human spine was never intended to have one close to 300lb man repeatedly run into another close to 300lb man over and over again.

I congratulate those who are able to live their dream and get paid to play the games they love but there are so many other ways to get where you want in life that have a higher rate of success.

By the way back when I was managing retail stores in my 20's I had two former professional athletes working for me, one who had been a RB for the Patriots and another who had pitched in a World Series for the Reds. Both were great guys but I was making a lot more than they were.

My summer team at Creek had 3 first round draft picks. Something like half the team got drafted. Out of all of them, only one made the Bigs (Scott Elarton) and he didn't last that long.

It's so incredibly difficult.

My summer team at Creek had 3 first round draft picks. Something like half the team got drafted. Out of all of them, only one made the Bigs (Scott Elarton) and he didn't last that long.

It's so incredibly difficult.
Don't remember the exact numbers or the year but I had a couple of students one year who were convinced that they didn't need to have career plans because they were going to be NBA players. One of them wasn't even playing organized ball but thought he could show up, try out, and get a spot.

The other one was a good varsity HS player so I had him investigate the numbers.

Very roughly that year there were about 400,000 boys in the US playing varsity HS basketball, this didn't include JV or lower level teams.
From there it dropped to roughly 4,000 scholarship mens players at D1 schools (including all the D1 schools that hadn't had a player sniff the NBA in years like DU and UNC. In the season he investigated there were something like 17 US rookies who made the league and stuck for the season on an active roster. (That season actually had more foreign players make rosters than US players as rookies.)

Even if you round it up to 20 the odds of 20 out of 400,000 results in a very long shot to even make the league for a year.

Of course there are also a good number of players who manage to make a living playing overseas but bottom line is that the odds are certainly very long. I'd be interested to see a similar breakdown for football and baseball but I know that in all of them the odds are very much against any one individual.

Don't remember the exact numbers or the year but I had a couple of students one year who were convinced that they didn't need to have career plans because they were going to be NBA players. One of them wasn't even playing organized ball but thought he could show up, try out, and get a spot.

The other one was a good varsity HS player so I had him investigate the numbers.

Very roughly that year there were about 400,000 boys in the US playing varsity HS basketball, this didn't include JV or lower level teams.
From there it dropped to roughly 4,000 scholarship mens players at D1 schools (including all the D1 schools that hadn't had a player sniff the NBA in years like DU and UNC. In the season he investigated there were something like 17 US rookies who made the league and stuck for the season on an active roster. (That season actually had more foreign players make rosters than US players as rookies.)

Even if you round it up to 20 the odds of 20 out of 400,000 results in a very long shot to even make the league for a year.

Of course there are also a good number of players who manage to make a living playing overseas but bottom line is that the odds are certainly very long. I'd be interested to see a similar breakdown for football and baseball but I know that in all of them the odds are very much against any one individual.
Never tell me the odds.

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by Domino’s UK and ROI

Back