What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

Solder and Nembot are two guys that will make 99.999% of humans feel small.

Chido is playing chess on chess.com, easy to watch on twitch, right now.

They have some matches with a few NFL players.
While I'm glad Chido is smart enough to play chess competitively, I can't imagine it being more interesting than a July mid-week afternoon baseball game between two bottom dwellers.

Chido is playing chess on chess.com, easy to watch on twitch, right now.

It's true, watching baseball takes no brainpower.
Are you a chess nerd? I play (poorly) on chess.com. If you want to play a hack hit me up some time

Are you a chess nerd? I play (poorly) on chess.com. If you want to play a hack hit me up some time
Yes and no. I played a lot as a kid, then took a 20 year break. My over the board rating is historically between about 1950 and 2150, but my last serious tournament was 17 years ago. These days I mostly play unrated on lichess.

Yes and no. I played a lot as a kid, then took a 20 year break. My over the board rating is historically between about 1950 and 2150, but my last serious tournament was 17 years ago. These days I mostly play unrated on lichess.
Yep. Way better than me. Perhaps I can pester you with questions from time to time.

Which means that even if he doesn't make the 53 he would be almost a lock for a practice squad spot. Probably will be determined based on special teams play since backup linebackers are almost always core players on most of the special teams units.

Yeah. I was going to post this:

Landman surprise standout

“According to ESPN, linebacker Nate Landman has been Atlanta's surprise offseason standout. A four-time All-Pac 12 honoree, Landman racked up 409 tackles, 41 tackles-for-loss, and 11 sacks across five seasons at the University of Colorado.”

The fact that he's a "surprise standout" tells you all you need to know about our national standing.

Never see much on Will Sherman, and of course I follow the kid. From the Patriots website. I believe so far he is on the active squad. Wish him all the best and the only reason I would look at the Patriots

Will Sherman was signed by the New England Patriots to a futures contract on January 17, 2022 ... Originally drafted by the Patriots in the sixth round (197th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft ... Released by New England (8/31/21) ... Signed by the Patriots to the practice squad (9/1/21) ... Elevated to the active roster (10/9/21)... reverted back to the New England Patriots practice squad (10/11/21).

Never see much on Will Sherman, and of course I follow the kid. From the Patriots website. I believe so far he is on the active squad. Wish him all the best and the only reason I would look at the Patriots

Will Sherman was signed by the New England Patriots to a futures contract on January 17, 2022 ... Originally drafted by the Patriots in the sixth round (197th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft ... Released by New England (8/31/21) ... Signed by the Patriots to the practice squad (9/1/21) ... Elevated to the active roster (10/9/21)... reverted back to the New England Patriots practice squad (10/11/21).
Looks like he is fighting Arlington Hambright for a back up Guard spot. I hope they both make it

I suspect a blown patellar tendon had more to do with Nate’s draft status than that he played for CU.
I’m not talking about his draft status (he was a late rounder anyway). I am talking about how the best player on the team last year is fighting for a spot on a god awful professional defense. That’s a pretty clear indicator of how bad the program is atm.

I’m not talking about his draft status (he was a late rounder anyway). I am talking about how the best player on the team last year is fighting for a spot on a god awful professional defense. That’s a pretty clear indicator of how bad the program is atm.
Well. I think we can all agree on the state of the program.

At first I was like "that's a little harsh, calling the program ass to mouth". But then I was like
Sky Atlantic Ok GIF by Domina Series

If not for injury he was a round 4-5 guy. Limited in athleticism, but profiles like Josey Jewell
This.

The injury (and prior injury history) is what moved him out of the draft but his playing style as well is much better suited for what the game was 20+ years ago when you wanted an ILB who was a stop the run first guy.

Your comparison to Jewell is a good one, smart guy, hard worker, technically sound, but week after week you watch offenses working to try to get Jewell in a situation of trying to cover a TE or RB in space, and then taking advantage of the matchup.

Back