What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Game Thread

Kansas State has a bye week as well this week so they get the same 2 weeks rest and prepare.

We current dogs by about a TD, which sounds about right to me.

We got 1 vote in the AP today.

We play like we did this weekend in 2 weeks and get the W, we will be getting a lot more respect and attention. I thought we finally looked like a team out there and we were playing with toughness and determination. I like our chances to make a statement at Folsom.

This is the most insulting acknowledgment of Prime CU being legit. I'm blown away that this is coming from ESPN.
View attachment 76553
Fvck em!!! Colorado vs everyone!!!!!

You Douche What A GIF by Film Riot

Which channel/video?
I don’t feel like finding the exact moment, but Neely basically said that usually when someone requests a redshirt like that, they look for a better opportunity elsewhere. He said he wished nothing but the best for young men who choose to pursue another opportunity. He talked generically about the reality of the transfer portal era is that there will be many players transferring in and out every year. However, he did not say that he had talked to Trevor or that he is definitely gone. Read into it what you will.

Last edited:
I guess our next shot at the $ is K State. They are led by former NDSU head coach Chris Klieman who led the BISON to victory in their newly renovated stadium. Made a mint on that one. They were giving the BISON a couple TDs as the dog. The money line on the BISON win was insane!

TIP: the money line on upsets is unbelievable. The GAM is designed to find upsets. Yesterday’s game was an upset.

I haven’t run any numbers on this one but I will keep you informed. If it hadn’t been for a lucky pass we would be about $1,000 ahead.

The UCF game was a gift. If I hadn’t been behind $8 going in I would have had a much bigger war chest to use. It was a back-up-the-truck situation and that’s what I did. Oh well. Las Vegas is very difficult to beat. I just want a decent war chest for the FCS playoffs. They have been a gold mine. Hopefully this K State game will be low hanging fruit again. We will see.
stone-cold-stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

Just the first half of the NU game too.
The offense was pretty lackluster most of that game but the defense was pretty good in second half.

Either way, this isn’t a situation where you have to take results from 3 weeks ago and suggest they are relevant now. This is a football team that is progressively getting better each week and playing closer to how most of us thought they’d play going into the season. Not sure why that’s controversial for some.

One of my old buddies from CU was texting me after the game and told me he thought Hunter made a "terrible play" on his int, because he "left the man he was supposed to be covering wide open, and we were lucky we didn't pay for him trying to be a superstar." He also asserted that the game was much closer than the score appeared, because UCF looked "a smidge better" in the stat lines. "It was really just a matter of a couple plays going the right way." This team is really prompting me to realize who does and does not know ball in my circle of CU fans.

Biggest part of the game to me was the end of the first half. Actually saw some real live game management from the coaching staff, an effective punt return by Horn, and Mata drilling two field goals.
Well Off Media's latest post shows Deion and Shurmur talking prior to the last play from scrimmage in the first half, and Deion said to play for a field goal by throwing to Hunter on a sideline route and get out of bounds. That's exactly what happened, and the ball got within Mata's range.

I don’t want to be that guy, but…we really don’t know how good UCF will be this year. That gives me some hesitation when trying to project what this win says about CU. UCF hasn’t beaten anybody this season.

From my perspective CU has played one good team so far this year and we lost. We still need to see more against quality opponents to see if this year’s team is for real. We have top end talent at the skill positions, but I still need to see what our O-line and LBs look like against the top tier of the conference.
In the same vein, Colorado beat Baylor, who played within a score of BYU, who beat K State by 32 points... but we're home dogs by a TD to K State 🤷.

I think the entire schedule is winnable at this point

I don’t feel like finding the exact moment, but Neely basically said that usually when someone requests a redshirt like that, they look for a better opportunity elsewhere. He said he wished nothing but the best for young men who choose to pursue another opportunity. He talked generically about the reality of the transfer portal era is that there will be many players transferring in and out every year. However, he did not say that he had talked to Trevor or that he is definitely gone. Read into it what you will.

I could see him transferring to Houston or UTSA or Texas State near his home town and trying to make sure he has playing time,

One of my old buddies from CU was texting me after the game and told me he thought Hunter made a "terrible play" on his int, because he "left the man he was supposed to be covering wide open, and we were lucky we didn't pay for him trying to be a superstar." He also asserted that the game was much closer than the score appeared, because UCF looked "a smidge better" in the stat lines. "It was really just a matter of a couple plays going the right way." This team is really prompting me to realize who does and does not know ball in my circle of CU fans.
Film study on KJJ supports Hunter’s decision. As you point out: your buddy is not a ball knower.

Wow. What a game.

Conference road wins are money in the bank, I agree that this win is pretty huge for that reason alone.

I thought I was going to lose my mind on the first two offensive plays, then the pick, but afterwards the O settled in and did the things many of us had hoped. The run game was efficient and consistently employed, the schemes and play calls helped the OL be successful rather than set them up to face a DL that had no respect for the run. The TE blocking in the run game was well done, and CU has a stable of very good RB's. Hats off to Harden who came in and played pretty well in relief of #67. When you add a second dimension to the O, SS2 is deadly, The dude is accurate like nobody I can remember, 8.3 ypa and 80% completion rate. The WR's were awesome.

The D played its normal consistent solid D, but man is RJ Harvey a handful. KJ Jefferson is a load, but they put him where you want him, in a game situation where he has to beat you with his arm, not his legs.

The Buffs put together a game that was what you would expect given the talent on the roster. Hats off to the staff, that was complimentary, smart, well planned FB.

If that is the way the play down the stretch, there isn't anybody on the schedule they cannot beat.

Last edited:
Also, we (rightfully) give credit to Livingston and Helow. But we gotta shout out Damione Lewis and Sapp. The defensive line gets better and better each week. How many times did the ends make a tackle on an inside run yesterday? And 5 sacks to along with it? These elite edge rushers are starting to get pressure on top of being extremely impactful in the run game.

I’ve been to stadiums all over the country.

I’ve never seen a fan base wear their conference on their shirts and clothing more than UCF.

They are so small time and have such an inferiority complex to UF FSU and Miami that they have to show the world they are in a P4 conference.

Get us the **** out.

Back