What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Pregame Thread

I stand corrected. I bet Cody was pretty good at darts. You don't have to throw far in that game.
I would say Kellen Moore and Cody Hawkins had comparable arm strength. Hell, that QB from Georgia, who turned out to be a racist had one of the weakest arms I've ever seen.

Beilema has been a HC for 20 years at three different programs in the B1G and SEC and people are pointing to 2 years of above average QB play, one of which was with Russell Wilson transferring in as a Senior? BB was a sub .500 coach at Arkansas and was sub-.500 at Illinois through three seasons.

He typically has decent Offensive Lines but that hasn't really led to great QB play and, outside of the already successful program he took over at Wisconsin, it hasn't really led to winning football.

What are we even talking about?

I would say Kellen Moore and Cody Hawkins had comparable arm strength. Hell, that QB from Georgia, who turned out to be a racist had one of the weakest arms I've ever seen.
I always thought ypa told you more about a QB than anything. CH had a ypa of 6.16 which is pretty weak. 7.0 always seemed to be the Mendoza line for CFB, IMO. Even Klatt, who I thought was adequate, dinked and dunked his way down the field at 6.8 . Tyler Hansen, who presumably played much the same O and with the same era of players went 6.5. CH is probably the lowest ypa of any QB outside of Bernard Jackson. Compare all that with the last great CU QB, Kordell who rang up a 8.2 ypa or Koy Detmer at 9.1 ypa, and I conclude CH was pretty subpar as a QB all the way around, he was throwing a whole bunch and got stats, but he was throwing a ton of little dinks and dunks. Add in a poor TD/INT ratio to boot. JMO.

I started watching that and got through a quarter and it struck me yet again what an ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS Coach Hawkins was. His schemes were a combination of JV level basic bullsh!t and "I'm so very much smarter than you" dumbfvckery. 100% pure luck that they won that game. Good gawd almighty now I need to start drinking early. Thanks.

Beilema has been a HC for 20 years at three different programs in the B1G and SEC and people are pointing to 2 years of above average QB play, one of which was with Russell Wilson transferring in as a Senior? BB was a sub .500 coach at Arkansas and was sub-.500 at Illinois through three seasons.

He typically has decent Offensive Lines but that hasn't really led to great QB play and, outside of the already successful program he took over at Wisconsin, it hasn't really led to winning football.

Well, in traditional AB fashion the discussion of "BB never had an adequate QB" morphs into "BB is an alleged developer of QB's", which was never said, at least by me. I merely pointed out BB a. can develop an OL, and b. in response to Alfred, did have two better than adequate QB's.

Just heard their stadium is called bounce house.
Holy hell
Party Gif GIF by Sony Pictures Animation
Originally the title sponsor was Brighthouse cable. But during the first, and subsequent games, fans noticed that the aluminum and steel structure would flex significantly when students jumped up and down in the stands.

My season tix, when I had them, were pretty low, so my seats didn’t bounce much. When UCF hosted the AAC champ game against Cincy, my tickets were in the same section but 18 rows higher. From those seats I could fully feel the bounce. It was a bit unnerving. They reinforced it after the first season, but it still bounces plenty.

He has a 119-77 overall coaching record in the Big 10 and SEC (obviously most of that has come at Wisconsin) with three Big 10 championships.

He's proven to be a decent coach and slightly better when he has really good QB play.

He has a 119-77 overall coaching record in the Big 10 and SEC (obviously most of that has come at Wisconsin) with three Big 10 championships.

He's proven to be a decent coach and slightly better when he has really good QB play.
Yes, he took over a well oiled machine at Wisconsin that made its entire identity 15-20 years ago about the OL and running the ball, and he kept it rolling. He's 51-53 as a HC since then at two different programs, with a high water mark in a season of 7-5 and a bowl win to get to 8-5.

I'm not even sure how we got on this topic; I'm sure it was 4bienemy with some comment about how he wishes CU had a QB like Illinois who could just manage games and play complimentary football or something. The point is Bret Beilema typically puts together good to great offensive lines wherever he is that fit a specific style... It does not, however, lead to consistent winning football.

insensitive to what? Becasue they are in the middle of a hurricane? Why do people have to find something about everything to get offended by?
Because it’s kind of ****ty to laugh at people who are in the middle of a natural disaster?

And our football team represents our university.

EDIT: Maybe you were being sarcastic and I missed it. Apologies for responding, if that’s the case.

I don’t get what’s insensitive.
To me it appears we're mocking rising waters during a storm surge.

And if I didn't know Silmon-Craig's nickname was The Shark, I doubt anybody from Florida does.

You know the deal from your line of work - optics matter. And optics is why that Twitter account exists in the first place.

Last edited:
Back