What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

**** 'Em Up, **** 'Em Up, Go CU!

I will confirm. In 1987 and beyond we were singing "Ruff 'em up, F*** 'em up, Go CU" after R & R part 2 only. Never after fight song or any other song I can recall. Pretty sure it was "ruff" first, and "F***" second. Pretty sure. But could be wrong. This was important enough for me to register.

I will confirm. In 1987 and beyond we were singing "Ruff 'em up, F*** 'em up, Go CU" after R & R part 2 only. Never after fight song or any other song I can recall. Pretty sure it was "ruff" first, and "F***" second. Pretty sure. But could be wrong. This was important enough for me to register.
dude registered just to set the record straight. Respek.

By 95 we dropped the Ruff.

In the early 80's there was no F em up after the fight song. I remember this because I knew exactly 5 words of the fight song 'fight, fight, fight fight fight." and that was always the end of it.

Last edited:
In the early 80's there was no F em up after the fight song. I remember this because I knew exactly 5 words of the fight song 'fight, fight, fight fight fight." and that was always the end of it.
Different song.

HH - I was there from '85-'89 and do not remember saying "Ruff 'em up". It was always F*** 'em up, F*** 'em up, Go CU! But, in my defense, my state of inebriation at those games may have had something to do with my confusing the two.

HH - I was there from '85-'89 and do not remember saying "Ruff 'em up". It was always F*** 'em up, F*** 'em up, Go CU! But, in my defense, my state of inebriation at those games may have had something to do with my confusing the two.
Funny - my wife was there overlapping that same time frame and she says it was always Ruff 'em up... Perhaps it was more based on the crowd you hung out with?

Exactly. At least TotallyBuffs and I were yelling **** 'em up. We're not really competent witnesses to testify as to what all those other assholes were yelling.

Hallett Pit, represent!

This is one of the most important threads I've read in a long time. I'm looking forward to consensus from all the 35 yo's. Carry on.
As an actual 35 year old...the "**** 'em up, **** 'em up, GO CU!" after the fight song was definitely not a thing when I was in school from 03-07 - I don't remember hearing of it until at least a few years after I graduated and it struck me as weird then and I still think it sounds weird today. As far as I'm concerned "**** 'em up, **** 'em up, GO CU!" belongs after the Hey Song/RnR Part 2 and that's the only time it should be used...

As an actual 35 year old...the "**** 'em up, **** 'em up, GO CU!" after the fight song was definitely not a thing when I was in school from 03-07 - I don't remember hearing of it until at least a few years after I graduated and it struck me as weird then and I still think it sounds weird today. As far as I'm concerned "**** 'em up, **** 'em up, GO CU!" belongs after the Hey Song/RnR Part 2 and that's the only time it should be used...
At some point in the last 10 years it just became normal to add **** um up after the fight song. At first I was all "GET OFF MY LAWN" about it to the wee kids, but then I realized I just want CU to **** um up, so wtf was I complaining about?

What the ****?! You guys broke this tradition? ****.

Before you throw rocks in glass houses, it is important to remember that CU fans didn't used to add the "Go Buffs" after "Hey" until we were embarrassed in Tempe by Oregon fans chanting "Go Ducks" after we chanted "Hey" before and during the Fiesta Bowl in 2001/2002.

Related fun fact, students didn't start chanting **** em up **** em up go CU at the end of the Fight Song until a certain spineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen of a Chancellor told the band it couldn't play Rock and Roll Part 2 anymore because the TV cameras were picking up the curse words. I think this was in 2003 or 2004. The ban on Rock and Roll Part 2 lasted exactly one game, but the addition of **** em up to the Fight Song is now forever. Way to go, Phil, you stupid ****!
Wuzzat the SAME chancellor that stated that F**K was a Medieval "term of endearment"? ( Oh, wait! That was PREZ Betsy!)
Hmmm.....pineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen of a Chancellor....or are you talkin' Philip? Need a hint cuz we've had a run of those!

Back