What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

**** 'Em Up, **** 'Em Up, Go CU!

It was in 2000 I think, maybe 2001.

They were going strong through 2001. Sometime in 02-03 they started cracking down on them and it steadily got worse. By 2005 it was over.

Yeah, while I disagree with you guys on the **** em up stuff, I do agree on the general timing of the end of the marshmallows. I remember one week they were not allowing marshmallows into Folsom, but lo and behold, there were bags of chips on the seats in the student section that week. I'm not sure if it was just coincidental timing with a marketing campaign or the administration's attempt at appeasing us. What did they think though a bunch of college kids would do with potato chips when you took away our marshmallows...........I forget exactly how, but I think either security or the PA system told us to stop throwing chips.......ridiculous!

They were going strong through 2001. Sometime in 02-03 they started cracking down on them and it steadily got worse. By 2005 it was over.
I was a freshman in '03 and they were still going on, trying to crack down but not really. '04 I think was the death of it, they really got serious.

I was a freshman in '03 and they were still going on, trying to crack down but not really. '04 I think was the death of it, they really got serious.

This seems really late to me. I know they stopped while I was sitting in the student section. Although I still went to the student section for a couple years after graduation, I was out of state in 2004. The reason I think 2000 is that I distinctly remember half time of the Fresno State game in 2001. It was the hottest I'd ever been at Folsom (late August with the sun just beating down on us on the east side). I was pissed that we weren't killing Fresno, but happy that I wasn't being pelted with marshmallows from above as in year's past. I also remember a Texas Tech game which I'm pretty sure was in 2002 when people snuck in tortillas and it was a throw back to the marshmallows.

This seems really late to me. I know they stopped while I was sitting in the student section. Although I still went to the student section for a couple years after graduation, I was out of state in 2004. The reason I think 2000 is that I distinctly remember half time of the Fresno State game in 2001. It was the hottest I'd ever been at Folsom (late August with the sun just beating down on us on the east side). I was pissed that we weren't killing Fresno, but happy that I wasn't being pelted with marshmallows from above as in year's past. I also remember a Texas Tech game which I'm pretty sure was in 2002 when people snuck in tortillas and it was a throw back to the marshmallows.
you were right on the **** um up and wrong here. I was in the stands for almost every game from 2001-2005. lots of marshmellow fights.

you were right on the **** um up and wrong here. I was in the stands for almost every game from 2001-2005. lots of marshmellow fights.

I guess I blocked out the bad memories. Sitting in the front of the student section was awesome during the game, but ****ty during marshmallow fights. Gravity is a bitch, son!

I guess I blocked out the bad memories. Sitting in the front of the student section was awesome during the game, but ****ty during marshmallow fights. Gravity is a bitch, son!
Suck it up, buttercup, ya whiny bitch. Woooooo wooooooo!

The marshmallow fights were gone after the 2004 season...

I took this picture at the student gate for a game in the 2005 season:

View attachment 41529
Yup. I was a freshman in 2005 that had attended multiple games in 2004 and earlier and sat in other areas beside the student section. I remember committing to CU and thinking about how fun it would be to participate in the marshmallow fight next year, then they got cancelled.

I was in school from '05-'09 (took a half victory lap) and I remember the change of adding the "f*ck em up, f*ck em up" to the end of the fight song happening during my time in school. Maybe 2006 or 07?

There was a push not too long before then to eliminate the swearing entirely, and naturally, this lead to more swearing. I don't know if any group in particular had the idea to add the f em up, f em up to the end of the fight song, but it was probably in response to the band not being allowed to play Rock & Roll Part 2 for a game.

The marshmallow fights were gone after the 2004 season...

I took this picture at the student gate for a game in the 2005 season:

View attachment 41529
Fantastic work that we are now to a point that photographic evidence is being provided. Now I want some video evidence of **** 'Em Up!

The only thing that this thread has definitively proven is that we all drink way too much before, during, and after football games.
That’s why I stay out of game threads during the actual game usually.

I usually think of being hit by something like rocks, or bricks, or snowballs when I think of being pelted by something. It seems a little strong to say when you're getting marshmallows thrown at you.

I usually think of being hit by something like rocks, or bricks, or snowballs when I think of being pelted by something. It seems a little strong to say when you're getting marshmallows thrown at you.
You’ve never been hit by one stuffed inside a battery.

You’ve never been hit by one stuffed inside a battery.
I guess not. I had a girlfriend who used to like to pelt me with marshmallows (without the battery) while flogging me mercilessly with a feather boa if that counts. It wasn't all bad.

Wait.....wait....am I hearing this correctly? We went from throwing oranges onto the field and cup wars to throwing marshmallows?!!

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Back