What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

**** 'Em Up, **** 'Em Up, Go CU!

Mods, could you please change the title of this thread to “Old F*cks Debate Inane Details From Their Glory Years” .
Pretty jealous, actually. I got to live through the tail end of Hawkins, all of Embree, and then the intro of Mike Mac.
I might win the prize for the most Buff PTSD of the group. Outside of 2016, I’ve never seen a good team.

Pretty jealous, actually. I got to live through the tail end of Hawkins, all of Embree, and then the intro of Mike Mac.
I might win the prize for the most Buff PTSD of the group. Outside of 2016, I’ve never seen a good team.
My first year as a Buffs fan (and student) was 2008. Cheers.

?? There was a different fight song? I guess I must have been drinking more than I remembered.
He means the Hey song.

the fight song has not changed, but I wonder if @alferdpackerd or whatever his handle is will re-emerge to argue the ending is fight fight win.

He means the Hey song.

the fight song has not changed, but I wonder if @alferdpackerd or whatever his handle is will re-emerge to argue the ending is fight fight win.
I blame most of our kicking woes on the fact that we haven’t seen him around here in a while.

Wuzzat the SAME chancellor that stated that F**K was a Medieval "term of endearment"? ( Oh, wait! That was PREZ Betsy!)
Hmmm.....pineless, gutless, political hack/waste of oxygen of a Chancellor....or are you talkin' Philip? Need a hint cuz we've had a run of those!

Same Prez, different "term of endearment"

It did start with "CU" though

Terms

91-95 ****-em up was only at the end of R&R#2. I’ll admit to my memories of that era starting to fade a bit due to hops and bong resin clogging my brain tubes but I’m pretty sure of this because I recall my first “what are these ****ing kids doing??”-old man type thought happening when I heard the students say it after the fight song and I want to say that was in the early 2000’s.

When did the halftime marshmallow fights begin and end? They were not around when I started at CU in 2006, but I remember watching them during games attended growing up. Think they stopped in early aughts?

When did the halftime marshmallow fights begin and end? They were not around when I started at CU in 2006, but I remember watching them during games attended growing up. Think they stopped in early aughts?
Pretty sure they started when the cup wars stopped due to beer sales being prohibited.

It wasn't just the student section that did the **** em up, **** em up cheer. I remember that cheer since the late 80's when I started going to CU games.

I know we did it at both Orange Bowls.

Never at the end of the fight song.

It was in 2000 I think, maybe 2001.

Marshmallow fights were going strong in the 90s. They were a response to when snowball fights were not possible.

Back