What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

This is an organized Coup!🤬

I did like Ghost Rider cause it ties into Marvel.

but this is about our guy getting screwed!

Fangio gets a third season because the players didn’t quit on him (like they did on Joseph)....
I realize this part of the comment was just a reflection/reiteration of the discussion in the media and on fan sites from that time, but I have felt from the time that happened, that that “claim” is/was a completely fungible “excuse” to move on from a young black coach to an old white coach. If that sort of thing happened just once or twice, ok, maybe those few specific instances had some credibility. But finding soft reasons for picking the white guy is a huge systemic problem in the NFL.

They must like Culley because of all that experience he had working under Andy Reid.
i see what you did there bill hader GIF

I wonder if EB is perhaps being a bit overly demanding, particularly with teams like the Jets and Texans who are hot messes and he doesn’t want to be set up to fail. Just spitballin’.
Could be, but in both those organizations cases, I would do the same. Both are dysfunctional as can be with really bad ownership, so you want as much control as possible.

I wonder if EB is perhaps being a bit overly demanding, particularly with teams like the Jets and Texans who are hot messes and he doesn’t want to be set up to fail. Just spitballin’.
Might make some sense.

Recent history has shown that not only do Black coaches get fewer opportunities to be hired as a head coach they also are less likely to get a second chance.

If stories we have heard are true, he made some demands of RG that he needed assurances in writing before he would come here. That is *supposedly* why he is not currently the head coach at CU. Rich guys who own football teams don’t like having those kinds of demands thrown at them. Again, just hypothetical speculation on my part, but regardless of race, guys with his kind of qualifications don’t usually go two years without a shot at an HC job somewhere.

If stories we have heard are true, he made some demands of RG that he needed assurances in writing before he would come here. That is *supposedly* why he is not currently the head coach at CU. Rich guys who own football teams don’t like having those kinds of demands thrown at them. Again, just hypothetical speculation on my part, but regardless of race, guys with his kind of qualifications don’t usually go two years without a shot at an HC job somewhere.
That is very un-woke of you. Be prepared to have the Allsome Woketh Council call you a nazi..... or worse.. a Husker.

He made those demands specifically of CU because of Jon Embree and him discussing the opportunity and how Embree & staff felt he was really screwed over. I highly doubt he's throwing lofty demands around to NFL execs.

Last edited:
He made those demands specifically of CU because of Jon Embree and him discussing the opportunity and how Embree & staff felt he was really screwed over. I highly doubt he's throwing lofty demands around to NFL execs.
I was merely speculating, cause I can’t figure out why he hasn’t been given a shot.

EB needs to succeed as an OC at somewhere other than Kansas City if he wants to be an NFL head coach. If he can. And if another NFL franchise would hire him as an OC.

Embree didn’t get the fairest of shakes but he also put, quite literally, two of the worst football teams on the field I’ve ever seen. Ever. At any other University in any other major conference, for example the SEC, what would they have done to Embree? He woulda been lucky to get outta town with his life intact.

Embree was lucky he got a second year. He was fired because he was a horrible head football coach. I really don’t think that’s debatable. Embree went back to being an NFL tight ends coach, which is the same job he had before and the same job he has now.

EB went back to being an NFL RB coach. He is now the OC for the defending Super Bowl Champions and the team that’s favored to win it again this year.

the career trajectory of the two coaches is quite different.

EB will get his shot.

Culley seems like "EB Lite" to me. Respected coach and maybe what that franchise decided it was looking for: older (65), steady guy who gets along well with players. I think they wanted someone who would settle things down until the next guy rather than someone who might bring a lot of pressure to change the way things are done organizationally.

EB will get a shot, I'm actually glad it's not Houston. I'd like to see him end up at a better organization, Houston just seems toxic right now. Culley has earned his shot, as well. 27 years as an assistant, that's crazy. Besides, Deshaun still wants out is what I'm hearing this morning. Whether Culley can change his mind or not, I'm skeptical. Maybe, EB could've, but that's a maybe. Edit: It's official now, Watson formally requested a trade. It was actually made a few weeks ago according to Shefty. EB dodged a bullet imho.

Last edited:
Back