What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

Dabo was never successful as a Coordinator! He is just a Unicorn of a Head Coach based on an infectious ability to love his players.
I get the other ways in which Clemson has advantages, but the 1990's Colorado was Clemson before Clemson because we had an infectious coach and incredibly loyal assistant coaches.

I am gathering data to back up my points, and it just reminds me of the question, "Why did we promote Rick Neuheisel to HC in 1995???"
This Chev discussion is not even close to that deal!
So you acknowledge Dabo is a “Unicorn of a Head Coach” yet you’re drawing a comparison to Chev to support hiring him as HC? 2 unicorns, what are the odds?

Honestly if Chev does get the job, all these comparisons to Dabo are going to be incredibly unfair to him.

Dabo was never successful as a Coordinator! He is just a Unicorn of a Head Coach based on an infectious ability to love his players.
I get the other ways in which Clemson has advantages, but the 1990's Colorado was Clemson before Clemson because we had an infectious coach and incredibly loyal assistant coaches.

I am gathering data to back up my points, and it just reminds me of the question, "Why did we promote Rick Neuheisel to HC in 1995???"

Maybe the only thing I agree with you on is that I still think we should have hired Simmons instead of Slick Rick.

I realize that Simmons didn't have a great run at OSU, but I think the continuity from coach Mac to him would have kept CU strong for a while

2F260800-5F7B-4C31-800B-B76FDDF61B96.jpeg

He reduced the team’s turnovers, got them to a bowl, and managed the entire team while calling plays for the first time. Colorado regressed under Chev offensively. He wasn’t a serious candidate to be OC when MT was hired.

But continue to compare Colorado to a school that has a better recruiting footprint, a lot more money, and much more lax admissions standards.

Dabo and Chev aren’t the same person. The circumstances aren’t the same. Your insistence that Chev will be lightning like Dabo is backed only by your dreams.

We do need to have Chev practice on Colorado. We need someone who knows what they’re doing.
Lol..Chevs 2018 team averaged MORE POINTS PER GAME than the 2017 team...regressed???. Okie dokey... maybe the son of HCMM became the ****ty coach on the field ...and was a negative influence...

Last edited:
Even if everything about Chev was similar to Dabos career path, it still doesn’t account for the major differences between the programs. Admin support, fan support, money, geography, to name a few are all more advantageous for Clemson to be more successful than CU.

Goose - 6’5”, 220 lbs
Peyton Manning - 6’5”, 230 lbs

Once I put on 10 lbs, there will be amazing similarities between us. I should be the next star QB in the NFL.

You need to prove to us that your forehead is the size of the state of Texas after this post.

Even if everything about Chev was similar to Dabos career path, it still doesn’t account for the major differences between the programs. Admin support, fan support, money, geography, to name a few are all more advantageous for Clemson to be more successful than CU.
Clemson was good in the 80's and now in the 2010's, and we were great in the 90's based on some other advantages that we created on our own with less support. Now, if we had the same money as MSU or the SEC, then many of my thoughts and assumptions would be more possible, but even then, Chev is willing and wanting to put everything towards getting us back. Not sure how the other candidates that do not know anything about Boulder can just walk in, figure it out, and bring us back. I do not want to argue with any of you, and I respect your view of the other candidates and whether or not they would succeed, so I will stick with EB and/or Chev and you can have your other guys. EB made some great comments on the recent Big Lying Podcast about how the NC team would practice hard for each other and would play for each other rather than the league, even though they were loaded with NFL talent. Chev has a similar trait to Dabo in that he feels passion for the players, not the business of college football and its many pathetic immoral attributes. We are on the same team at the end of the day, and I did not want to find us in this spot, but let's Go Buffs.

Unless EB brings Reid, Mahomes, and Kelce with him, I’ll pass just like the seven (7?) other NFL team have.

He’ll get his NFL shot and I think he and CU will be for the better for it.

Lol..Chevs 2018 team averaged MORE POINTS PER GAME than the 2017 team...regressed???. Okie dokey... maybe the son of HCMM became the ****ty coach on the field ...and was a negative influence...
Regressed in the season, you moron.

edit for numbers: in 2018 with Chev as the play caller, Colorado averaged 19.33 ppg in the last 6 games vs 34.83 in first 6 games. But continue slobbering over Chev’s knob and how he’s the next Dabo. He loves Colorado. Really strong recruiter. That doesn’t qualify him to be the HC.

Last edited:

edit for numbers: in 2018 with Chev as the play caller, Colorado averaged 19.33 ppg in the last 6 games vs 34.83 in first 6 games. But continue slobbering over Chev’s knob and how he’s the next Dabo. He loves Colorado. Really strong recruiter. That doesn’t qualify him to be the HC.
Tucker was not qualified for $5.4 Million
Chev is as qualified as McCartney was, same age (42!!!), and Mac was an assistant at Michigan for 8 years, where was his big-time experience at? More qualified than Slick Rick!!!

Chev is as qualified as McCartney was, same age (42!!!), and Mac was an assistant at Michigan for 8 years, where was his big-time experience at? More qualified than Slick Rick!!!
You’ve got a problem with logic. Other unqualified people getting hired to a job does not justify hiring another unqualified person.

And Michigan wasn’t big time? Interesting. Tell me more.

Lol....easy to manipulate facts...he lost his best player...Mac most certainly fiddled with the Offense..bottom line is this....the team scored more points under Chiv....end of story... and that my friend cannot be refuted. . And how many points did this years Buff team average in the last 7 games???? Stand by....a WHOPPING 15.5 ppg!! So again... facts dont lie....Chivs numbers were superior to this years OC. Carpe Diem

Is this a serious post? You are just throwing **** against a wall now.
Yeah, I am serious. Mac had a great mentor at Michigan, but where did he travel around and get contacts from? His hires were small time lower level college coaches from schools in Michigan and Colorado that he probably knew from playing them, or referrals. He hit a crap load of home runs.

giphy.gif

Lol....easy to manipulate facts...he lost his best player...Mac most certainly fiddled with the Offense..bottom line is this....the team scored more points under Chiv....end of story... and that my friend cannot be refuted. . And how many points did this years Buff team average in the last 7 games???? Stand by....a WHOPPING 15.5 ppg!! So again... facts dont lie....Chivs numbers were superior to this years OC. Carpe Diem
I just have to ask, what does it say that his offense regressed so much due to the loss of one player?

Yeah, I am serious. Mac had a great mentor at Michigan, but where did he travel around and get contacts from? His hires were small time lower level college coaches from schools in Michigan and Colorado that he probably knew from playing them, or referrals. He hit a crap load of home runs.

McCartney had big time experience at the time he was hired at CU. If you truly think his resume and Chev's current resume are similar, yikes. You have definitely gone off the deep end.

Mike Hankwitz = Western Michigan DC
Gary Barnett = Fort Lewis CO College HC
Gerry DiNardo = Eastern Michigan OL
Bob Simmons = West Virginia OLB (Most Qualified)
Ron Vanderlinden = Ball State OL

You’ve made the same argument before. When confronted with facts about Chev’s regression (he was the sole play caller in 2018), you say that I’m manipulating facts. You’ve consistently distracted the matter about comparing Chev to non candidates for the job.

I’m not advocating that Jay Johnson get the job. It is irrelevant if Colorado’s second half regression under Johnson was worse than Chev’s.

Chev still sucked as an OC.

Jay Johnson sucking worse is of no consequence.

You are still not making an argument for Chev.

I just have to ask, what does it say that his offense regressed so much due to the loss of one player?
[/QUOTE
He was a once in a lifetime talent..demanded double team....safeties playing up....and please explain the Buffs completely inept offense the last 7 games of the season this year? Horrible in the red zone..spastic at best. The argument he failed as an OC means this years OC failed as well...if you go by your factual argument. Was he great? Not enough data to decide either way. Did HCMM and hus boy wonder stick their nose in the offense? Never know. But to call him a fail is a major stretch.

You’ve made the same argument before. When confronted with facts about Chev’s regression (he was the sole play caller in 2018), you say that I’m manipulating facts. You’ve consistently distracted the matter about comparing Chev to non candidates for the job.

I’m not advocating that Jay Johnson get the job. It is irrelevant if Colorado’s second half regression under Johnson was worse than Chev’s.

Chev still sucked as an OC.

Jay Johnson sucking worse is of no consequence.

You are still not making an argument for Chev.
Lol...brilliant retort! You say the O regressed under Chiv...which was factually and statistically WRONG...next...

Mike Hankwitz = Western Michigan DC
Gary Barnett = Fort Lewis CO College HC
Gerry DiNardo = Eastern Michigan OL
Bob Simmons = West Virginia OLB (Most Qualified)
Ron Vanderlinden = Ball State OL
I’m confused, is your argument that Chev and Mac were similarly qualified for the HC job here, or that concerns over Chev’s ability to attract a solid staff are unwarranted because Mac hired a bunch of no-name coaches so we shouldn’t be concerned?

Back