What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

Two TDs fewer per game down the stretch including only 10 pts in the dud 2H against Oregon State is success? I have some ocean front property to sell you in Broomfield.

Lol...brilliant retort! You say the O regressed under Chiv...which was factually and statistically WRONG...next...
It did regress. We scored >2 TDs less per game in the 2H of 2018 than the 1H. On what planet do you reside?

Actually, don’t answer. You’re too dumb to deal with. Goodbye.

You realize McCartney was the defensive coordinator for a perennial top 15 team for five years before taking the CU job... right?
He was also the first coach to ever be named the college football player of the week by SI because of his game plan against tOSU. Mac was a known name across the country for good reason.

I’m confused, is your argument that Chev and Mac were similarly qualified for the HC job here, or that concerns over Chev’s ability to attract a solid staff are unwarranted because Mac hired a bunch of no-name coaches so we shouldn’t be concerned?
The chain of logic about a coach being qualified seems to be based on ability to put a staff together, Coordinator Experience, blah blah blah.
Dabo, Mac, Slick Rick, many other examples are out there that most of that is Bull****!!!
One of our best coaches and recruiters is Brian Michalowski!!! He is 29 years old and has 2 years as a GA, 1 as a QC, and 1 as a D1 Position Coach, but he is passionate, hard working, and a pretty damn decent recruiter. You can be concerned, I am not, because I am beyond willing to give Chev a chance and will support the **** out of it.

The chain of logic about a coach being qualified seems to be based on ability to put a staff together, Coordinator Experience, blah blah blah.
Dabo, Mac, Slick Rick, many other examples are out there that most of that is Bull****!!!
One of our best coaches and recruiters is Brian Michalowski!!! He is 29 years old and has 2 years as a GA, 1 as a QC, and 1 as a D1 Position Coach, but he is passionate, hard working, and a pretty damn decent recruiter. You can be concerned, I am not, because I am beyond willing to give Chev a chance and will support the **** out of it.

Mac had coordinator experience, a lot of it. Maybe sit a few plays out.

BUT WHERE WAS HIS BIG TIME COACHING EXPERIENCE????
Not a HC before he was hired, and no worldly travel to move around and make contacts was my point! His staff was made by grabbing buddies at lower levels in Michigan and some referrals of local Colorado coaches. Mel T(f)ucker has 2000% more experience moving around making contacts.

He reduced the team’s turnovers, got them to a bowl, and managed the entire team while calling plays for the first time. Colorado regressed under Chev offensively. He wasn’t a serious candidate to be OC when MT was hired.

But continue to compare Colorado to a school that has a better recruiting footprint, a lot more money, and much more lax admissions standards.

Dabo and Chev aren’t the same person. The circumstances aren’t the same. Your insistence that Chev will be lightning like Dabo is backed only by your dreams.

We do need to have Chev practice on Colorado. We need someone who knows what they’re doing.

given the list of candidates. I’ll take Chev and support him growing into the role. I think the Dabo comparisons are not exact, but valid. I mean Bret Bielama, come on.

given the list of candidates. I’ll take Chev and support him growing into the role. I think the Dabo comparisons are not exact, but valid. I mean Bret Bielama, come on.
BB is nowhere near my preference among the floated names.

However, if you think that a guy who’s coached 155 P5 games as a head coach is less qualified than a dude who had one failed year as a play caller, we simply have a fundamental difference as to what constitutes being qualified.

BB is nowhere near my preference among the floated names.

However, if you think that a guy who’s coached 155 P5 games as a head coach is less qualified than a dude who had one failed year as a play caller, we simply have a fundamental difference as to what constitutes being qualified.
Do you really think that BB will be able to recruit kids to come to CU? I don’t. I actually think his recruiting would be worse than FHCMM. There is NO way that guy creates a vision for those kids.

Do you really think that BB will be able to recruit kids to come to CU? I don’t. I actually think his recruiting would be worse than FHCMM.
Yes. People would come to Colorado.
As I mentioned, I don’t prefer BB. Among the floated names, I prefer everyone else above him moreso for personality reasons. I have Chev rated below BB because Chev is not qualified.

This is idiotic. You are willing to give Chev a chance as HC because Michalowski is a pretty good recruiter? Oh my.

It did regress. We scored >2 TDs less per game in the 2H of 2018 than the 1H. On what planet do you reside?

Actually, don’t answer. You’re too dumb to deal with. Goodbye.
Brilliant insult!! Nice work....Maybe..just maybe..because the defense could not get off the field...the defense gave up 34 ppg during that stretch...433 ypg...Viska was hurt...Montez his sporadic inconsistent self....HCMM had checked out and lost the team...playing 3 of 4 of the top teams in the pac. was Chiv great? No. Was he a fail? No. The team as a whole was in disarray...

Yes. People would come to Colorado.
As I mentioned, I don’t prefer BB. Among the floated names, I prefer everyone else above him moreso for personality reasons. I have Chev rated below BB because Chev is not qualified.
As I said before if you look at a list of REALISTIC candidates, none of them would meet the definition of “qualified” in my book. Wilcox is not realistic. Sark has an alcohol problem. EB has never put together a staff or done much of anything at the college level. McAlwain coached at CSU. Mora is a dog**** coach who underachieved EVERY year, Blake Anderson has no western recruiting experience,

Any way you look at it, we are faced with bad choices. The best bad choice is probably Sark, if we can get him, followed by Chev.

@4BienemyTDs - I don't want to pile on. Chev could work. But we can make the case that anyone could based on outlier examples of situations that defied logic and worked. I get that Chev is an emotional response and think it's more than fair if you have the opinion that he would be another outlier. However, you do seem to be stretching things past the breaking point if you're comparing qualifications with McCartney. Plus, Mac's ability to sell people on his vision was on a whole other level of special that is just different from anyone we've talked about in any coaching search since he retired. He wasn't a good comparable.

@4BienemyTDs - I don't want to pile on. Chev could work. But we can make the case that anyone could based on outlier examples of situations that defied logic and worked. I get that Chev is an emotional response and think it's more than fair if you have the opinion that he would be another outlier. However, you do seem to be stretching things past the breaking point if you're comparing qualifications with McCartney. Plus, Mac's ability to sell people on his vision was on a whole other level of special that is just different from anyone we've talked about in any coaching search since he retired. He wasn't a good comparable.
Buffnik, my argument is the dismissiveness of some of our AB brethren about Chev considering where we have been the past 12 years! I truly would lose my love for the Buffs if Sark or BB or McElwain were hired! I am not hypocritical enough to screw over Cal or Arkansas State like MSU did to us! My arguments are disjointed because our situation is disjointed based on time and other factors! Just what I think.

Some people post some really weird stuff when they are stressed out and stuck in a corner they backed themselves into.
Oh no my friend!
Back in the day I disliked and distrusted Sark and although his alcohol is a disease, he lost his jobs on his own
McElwain was our enemy and he crapped out of his great opportunities and would not inspire anything for CU!
And then Bielema is bouncing around after his treks through two pretty darn good programs and thus we do not need to be his rehab stop!
I am not backed into ****!
Saddle up Ralphie VI and put Chev on her back and lets ride!

giphy.gif

Back