What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

AllBuffs,

I'll never be the most liked on this board, but lay off @4BienemyTDs for a bit, you can never fault anyone for being passionate about our team. It is our team. He is obviously a committed Buff, bleeding black and gold in this difficult time (just like we all are), and you cannot simply pick and prod at him. It is an emotional time. You cannot fault someone who truly cares. He wants Chev, respect it, and move on for the night.

I was hoping for a new head coach today, but that has not happened. We are all frustrated in all different directions. BuffNation and our team will overcome this and somehow be stronger, but we have to unite behind the players, their families, the assistants who wish to remain as well as those who join us, and whatever HC is named. We have to unite for the kids, from seniors to incoming Frosh, who had a knife stuck in their back, as did LC/RG and the assistants left in a lurch. All these speculations and thoughts are a bit trivial given the real world consequences of the athletic department, players, assistant coaches, and support networks involved.

Our team, that we all live and die for is in a difficult situation; this brings back memories of Sal. We/Buff-nation overcame, we binded our wounds and reached heights never imagined. Let RG/LC lead us, rally behind our players, staff and athletic department and no matter the HC and move forward together as a family. We pack the stadium, be good fans and unite for the future. Peace out.

As far as I know, coach Mac I was the only coach in Michigan history to win HS football and basketball championships in one year. He went to Bo for a few years, then came to CU a team down in the dumps, and changed our school forever. He won the only NC in a big team sport in our history. We just have to trust and unite. Things will get better. We can climb mountains.

NONE OF THE CANDIDATES ARE QUALIFIED!!

I'd be ecstatic with Sarkisian and content with McElwain. Frankly, I dont get the hate there. If he can explain why his offenses stunk at Florida and why he was dismissed there, why isn't he a viable option? He fixed a CSU program that stunk before he got there to the tune of a 10 win season. He won at least one division title at Florida. He took a Central Michigan team that went 1-11 in 2018 to 8-6 and a ****ing division title this past year. I don't give a damn what level you're at-that's impressive. Hes a goofy SOB, but the man knows how to coach.

Oh no my friend!
Back in the day I disliked and distrusted Sark and although his alcohol is a disease, he lost his jobs on his own
McElwain was our enemy and he crapped out of his great opportunities and would not inspire anything for CU!
And then Bielema is bouncing around after his treks through two pretty darn good programs and thus we do not need to be his rehab stop!
I am not backed into ****!
Saddle up Ralphie VI and put Chev on her back and lets ride!

Good Lord. Sark knows we're the best he can do right now. The McElwain hate is mind-boggling. If he can explain why his offenses were bad at UF and the drama surrounding his dismissal, why isn't he an option? He took CSU from 3 wins to 10 in 3 years. He won two division titles at Florida. He worked one of the most impressive turnarounds in the sport at Central Michigan this year. The man is goofy, but hes a hell of a football coach. I like other names over him, but I'd be just fine if he's the guy we go with. I don't care about winning press conferences-I want to win games. Jim McElwain knows how to do that.

Good Lord. Sark knows we're the best he can do right now. The McElwain hate is mind-boggling. If he can explain why his offenses were bad at UF and the drama surrounding his dismissal, why isn't he an option? He took CSU from 3 wins to 10 in 3 years. He won two division titles at Florida. He worked one of the most impressive turnarounds in the sport at Central Michigan this year. The man is goofy, but hes a hell of a football coach. I like other names over him, but I'd be just fine if he's the guy we go with. I don't care about winning press conferences-I want to win games. Jim McElwain knows how to do that.

He hates Sark because he worked for Pete Carroll, who he hates. I wouldn't use up much time trying to reason with that

The issue with McElwain is that I don't think he's a good recruiter. He was the HC at the premier University in the premier state for highschool football talent and had 'meh' recruiting classes according to the perception of the Florida fans I know.

To me right now I'd rather have an A+ recruiter and a B+ coach than a B+ recruiter and an A+ coach. A B+ coach night be able to get great coordinators to maximize the talent, but with a B+ recruiter we're never going to have the talent to win big.

Just my opinion.

The issue with McElwain is that I don't think he's a good recruiter. He was the HC at the premier University in the premier state for highschool football talent and had 'meh' recruiting classes according to the perception of the Florida fans I know.

This is college football, we let emotions get in the way of reality. You can have some fun with your FU fans if you share this Athletic article with them.

https://theathletic.com/1578377/2020/02/03/recruiting-revisited-class-of-2016-rankings/

The 2016 FU class, recruited by McElwain, was rated 12th at the time. Not too bad. The Athletic came back and reranked the the 2016 class four years later and FU ended up ranked 3rd based on actual production. Elite.

Of course Clemson moved up from 11th to 1st so the obvious answer is to hire the WR coach cuz that worked at Clemson.

To me right now I'd rather have an A+ recruiter and a B+ coach than a B+ recruiter and an A+ coach. A B+ coach night be able to get great coordinators to maximize the talent, but with a B+ recruiter we're never going to have the talent to win big.

Just my opinion.
That seemed to be the opinion on Mack Brown. Maybe a C+ as a coach, but definitely could recruit over his ability to coach.

This is college football, we let emotions get in the way of reality. You can have some fun with your FU fans if you share this Athletic article with them.

https://theathletic.com/1578377/2020/02/03/recruiting-revisited-class-of-2016-rankings/

The 2016 FU class, recruited by McElwain, was rated 12th at the time. Not too bad. The Athletic came back and reranked the the 2016 class four years later and FU ended up ranked 3rd based on actual production. Elite.

Of course Clemson moved up from 11th to 1st so the obvious answer is to hire the WR coach cuz that worked at Clemson.

There is a ton of talent in Florida and Florida is the best program in the state. They have a lot of built in recruiting advantages, so I’m not sure that speaks to his recruiting ability.

There is a ton of talent in Florida and Florida is the best program in the state. They have a lot of built in recruiting advantages, so I’m not sure that speaks to his recruiting ability.
I thought he recruited well at CSU. HIs tenure at CSU showed he could get good players to come there. Let me put it this way he got enough pieces there to beat us, and to beat Wash St in a Bowl game. I would also say that in both Rocky Mountain Showdowns he out coached us, one we barely won by 4 points I think. The other he beat us pretty handedly. It is the only CSU game I remember where they beat us by more than 10 points. He did that at CSU not Florida. I remember thinking he was clearly a better coach than Macintyre by a wide margin. I was happy to seem him leave.

He can definitely coach and recruit.

Still not sure how excited I would be to see him come here, but in many ways I can not deny he would be an upgrade over the 20 years of CU coaches.

Last edited:
Time to Bring on Neon Deion to Boulder. Now that would make a splash.

Passion sells. I’m for Chev or Wilcox based on all the candidates so far and double the assistant pool

So in other threads the news of EB seems to be chilling down...y'all think he is out of the running?

The most obvious choice for Bieniemy would be the hiring of Graham Harrell. Patrick Mahomes is a product of the same system and coaching that produced Graham Harrell and Bieniemy understands something that some Air Raid coaches forget; he understands how to implement a powerful run game. If you’re Harrell and Bieniemy approaches you about a possible position, how appealing does he look compared to Clay Helton? Bieniemy comes from the Andy Reid school of coaching and Reid not only helps his coaches grow, but he helps them move on to greater things. How appealing will that coupled with Bieniemy’s love of Harrell’s strengths sound should the offer be extended?
tenor.gif

From a current national exposure and overall coaching situation he should have been the 1st choice!

This is the right situation. We're doing the right thing by reaching out to Eric, and he's probably doing the right thing by entertaining a chat with us. Odds of getting him were always low. He probably succeeds Reid in a year or two.

Back