What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Disagree. I don't see him at a blueblood because he's already been fired from one. No reason why CU can't get him-especially since he's going to be collecting UT buyout money for a while.
How is Tom Herman unrealistic? He made 3 million his last year at Houston and it's not like he was making Dabo Sweeney money at Texas. USC has the pick of the litter so I doubt they'll hire him given his 8-4 per year record at Texas. If he wants to get back into cfb, I doubt he wants to go to a school like USF or Cincinnati just to replace Fickell. I'd bet a power 5 gig at a school like CU looks pretty good to him
That's exactly what I said. Or, are you disagreeing with my statement that some CU fans like to point to stuff that doesn't matter when attracting a high quality coach like local talent?

The punt instead of going for it on fourth down before the game got out of hand killed me. The student section was going nuts, they've been great this year, and that punt was a kick in the nuts to them and every other fan.
This is the biggest gameday trait I do not like about Dorrell. Can't remember if we were down 14 or 21 but it was late enough in the game where I was screaming go for it. If our defense goes 3 and out twice, our offense will get 2 possessions and maybe a Hail Mary attempt. Ray Lewis isn't on defense, da gophers aren't the Tampa Bay Bucs, this isn't the NFL, you won't win cfb games punting 90% of your possessions. That decision was a white flag. He is not nearly aggressive enough.

Not sure. They went outside the family for AD because of how bad the alum train wreck became in the AD role. Kind of similar with promoting HCs from within the program (or formerly on staff) ever since Pete Carroll left.
If you have babies with your hot cousin, those babies are probably going to come looking pretty good. But if those kids keep having kids with their siblings and their keep doing it and so on…it’s not gonna be pretty. That’s where USC is at right now.

This is the biggest gameday trait I do not like about Dorrell. Can't remember if we were down 14 or 21 but it was late enough in the game where I was screaming go for it. If our defense goes 3 and out twice, our offense will get 2 possessions and maybe a Hail Mary attempt. Ray Lewis isn't on defense, da gophers aren't the Tampa Bay Bucs, this isn't the NFL, you won't win cfb games punting 90% of your possessions. That decision was a white flag. He is not nearly aggressive enough.
Uhhhh, we literally lost a game on two consecutive plays because of his aggressiveness (you can debate the play calls all you want, but nevertheless, it was aggressive).

Harbaugh would likely be on the short list for any NFL job is he got fired/resigned from Michigan.
I don’t like Harbaugh, but I think for his own sake, he should retire from M soon. Keep some stock in his name and not have the “fired” label.

I don’t like Harbaugh, but I think for his own sake, he should retire from M soon. Keep some stock in his name and not have the “fired” label.
I think he’ll always have appeal for the NFL. It’s also not like he’s been horrible at Michigan, he just hasn’t been able to beat Ohio State.

I think he’ll always have appeal for the NFL. It’s also not like he’s been horrible at Michigan, he just hasn’t been able to beat Ohio State.
I had to double check to confirm. His Michigan win rate is .703. Their historical win rate is .728.

That's very close to coaching to their norm.

For giggles, OSU is .730 lifetime (tied with Alabama as the best in college football), but they've been on an insane run of sustained success since Tressel was their coach winning at an .843 clip.

CU still hanging in there at 38th all time with .577. You need .606 to be in the Top 25.

I had to double check to confirm. His Michigan win rate is .703. Their historical win rate is .714.

That's about as close to coaching to their norm as you can get.

For giggles, OSU is .733 lifetime, but they've been on an insane run of sustained success since Tressel was their coach winning at an .843 clip.
Yeah not many programs have been able to beta Ohio State over the last decade. We’re also in an era where Michigan doesn’t seem to care about being elite like Ohio State and SEC

Doing that research, I realized the last time we hired an NFL position coach to be our head coach (Embree), it was absolutely disastrous. Previously, we had hired a college position coach who couldn't sustain the Coach Mac success (Neu).

Maybe we shouldn't be promoting position coaches to be our head coach.

It's only halftime but sorry ass Bowling Green is beating Minny 7-3 in Minny. We better show up today or I think I might jump on the #FireDorrell train. I really wanted him to be successful too but recruiting has been lackluster. Maybe he pulls the plug on Chev after the season and we can have a competent offense again.

Are you ****ing kidding me?
****ing 1-2 Bowling Green comes into Minnesota and beats them while CU ****s the bed. FIRE DORRELL 🔥 NOW !!!
first time GIF

Feels like a lot is riding on this game tonight. If there is little to no change to the offense, KD has to be in real trouble. Keep losing games ugly and a change has to be made. Any reason why you wouldn’t elevate Chris Wilson to interim with a chance to become permanent? He’s been a SEC DC with some success and is doing a great job this year. He could overhaul offense and recruiting in the offseason.

Anybody here using Pointsbet?

They have a booster for the CU game-CU to score at least 7 points in both halves. Just in case we needed further proof how incompetent this offense is.

Feels like a lot is riding on this game tonight. If there is little to no change to the offense, KD has to be in real trouble. Keep losing games ugly and a change has to be made. Any reason why you wouldn’t elevate Chris Wilson to interim with a chance to become permanent? He’s been a SEC DC with some success and is doing a great job this year. He could overhaul offense and recruiting in the offseason.
Won’t happen. I didn’t like the Dorrell hire, but he’s here for a few years now. How does an AD sell this job to a new coach if he fired the previous guy after 10 games? Even SEC fans would be saying “damn, give the guy some time.”

That cements it. I'm done with Dorrell. Fire everyone except the strength coach. With landman leaving, we'll be lucky if we aren't even worse next year. Wouldn't blame Rice and Clayton for a second if they decided to leave. 2 of your 4 most talented players touch the ball twice a game and we wonder why we can't get 4 and 5 star talent

Dorrell's buyout in 2020 would be $10 million, then $7.5 million in 2021, $5 million in 2022, $4 million in 2023 and $3 million in 2024. Dorrell's genuine quality makes it feel like those numbers are inconsequential, yet it gives CU more of a financial backbone.

I enjoyed the last sentence

anyway there's no way we're firing him this year that's for sure. Maybe 2022?

Back