What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

To me, RG hired KD for stability and probably believed he could get the team to consistent 6-6, 7-5 with the occasional lighting of 8-9 win season. Most everyone here was against the hire and I hate that we were all right.

With the huge buyout, unless someone steps up, we are stuck with KD until 2023. With the transfer rules I do think it’s possible to turn a team around quicker than the past 3-4 year rebuild but that is assuming the next coach is a splash enough to bring multiple years of double digit transfers along with top 35 recruiting classes.

Unfortunately, nothing this university has done for the past 20 years has shown they are willing to support this program enough that they could reel in a splash hire. I have lost all hope with this program. I was once very proud to tell ppl I was a Buff while living in other PAC-12 states for a little football banter. No more

this mfer

like nothing he said has any actual meaning. We couldn't get in a rhythm? We barely tried to throw the ball further than 5 yards down the field. The team has no big play potential at all. The QB can't eclipse 100 yards in a game passing

Shrout and Lewis both played good and bad? WTF, was he watching the same game we were? Like BLew seems like a good dude, but yet again he mustered a whole 76 yards passing last night. That 100 yard barrier is just too big to overcome.

TCU made better adjustments than we did. No ****ing **** dude

Same. His comments make it seem like he experiences these games through a lens of what he thinks could/should have happened rather than what actually happened.

this mfer

like nothing he said has any actual meaning. We couldn't get in a rhythm? We barely tried to throw the ball further than 5 yards down the field. The team has no big play potential at all. The QB can't eclipse 100 yards in a game passing

Shrout and Lewis both played good and bad? WTF, was he watching the same game we were? Like BLew seems like a good dude, but yet again he mustered a whole 76 yards passing last night. That 100 yard barrier is just too big to overcome.

Shrout alone got 50 yards passing on that 2 min drill that started on the 1. Took BLew almost two quarters to get 53 yards.

I don't know how you can fire KD and let RG hire another coach. Then I don't know how you can let 'please god retire now' Phil DiStefano hire another AD.

Honestly, if ya'll wanted to do a letter writing campaign, it should be directed at President Saliman

Tom Herman is sitting there working Rick Neuheisel’s XM radio show this year for f**ks sake. Please sweet 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus, someone deliver us a chunk of money to send Dorrell into wealthy retirement and bring in Herman in time for our inevitable move to the Big 12.

this mfer

Wrong answer on the 4th down punt as he had it backwards in his mind. We were still in it when he punted, and it was getting away when he didn’t and the spots on the field were significantly different.

this offense can have serious big play potential as most of the talent is in the WR room

Mora is who I wanted when it looked like we were down to few options and a short hiring window. That ship's sailed. I don't know where we can go from here.
There would be interest in the job. It's still a major college football HC position.
It will help that next time CU goes shopping for one it's in late November/December instead of the last week of February.

Mora is who I wanted when it looked like we were down to few options and a short hiring window. That ship's sailed. I don't know where we can go from here.
It honestly feels more and more like the University is content with not just a 5-7 win program, but that they couldn’t care less if the program continues devolving into Kansas territory, year in, year out.

Tom Herman is sitting there working Rick Neuheisel’s XM radio show this year for f**ks sake. Please sweet 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus, someone deliver us a chunk of money to send Dorrell into wealthy retirement and bring in Herman in time for our inevitable move to the Big 12.
He’s likely choosing not to coach while he continues collecting checks from Texas. He’ll have P5 HC options and CU won’t even be on the radar.

There would be interest in the job. It's still a major college football HC position.
It will help that next time CU goes shopping for one it's in late November/December instead of the last week of February.
I'm still intrigued by Sean Lewis and his offense at Kent State. I think it would be a great fit at CU. He's done very well when you look behind the overall record.

19-24 record there, but...

2-10 was the first year. That's inheriting a team that went 2-10 the year before and taking over for a HC whose best season in 5 years was his first - when he went 4-8.

17-14 since (past 3 seasons, all with bowl eligible/winning records).

Within that, he's 14-4 in conference play. Two 2nd place & one first place in his division.

The main issue to the overall record is the AD over scheduling them. This year, they've got 4 non-conference games. LIU is a win. The other 3? At Washington, at Oklahoma and at Georgia. Basically, he's set up to look like he has a mediocre year even if he goes 6-2 in conference play because he'd end up 7-5.

I definitely think he's worth a long look.

Is a winless season even enough to make a change? He turned the Defensive staff 2 years ago. Had his own offensive line coach before and dumped him for this guy and a whole new O line. Cannot keep good players. Cannot recruit P5 players out of high school. What else does he need to fail at to get fired?

Is a winless season even enough to make a change? He turned the Defensive staff 2 years ago. Had his own offensive line coach before and dumped him for this guy and a whole new O line. Cannot keep good players. Cannot recruit P5 players out of high school. What else does he need to fail at to get fired?
When you change your DC after year 1, change your OC after year 2, and your record declines from year 1 to year 2 to (probably) year 3... you can't keep the HC, right?

When you change your DC after year 1, change your OC after year 2, and your record declines from year 1 to year 2 to (probably) year 3... you can't keep the HC, right?
You would think. This is going to be a 0-2 win team and I stated up front I think they go winless. That on top of all of the rest, it would be a no brained for most football schools. Hell, he should be gone half way through the season while the search starts.

edit: and there is no way RG gets to make the next pick. Fire him as well

I’m just really glad KD can laugh about the dumpster fire of a team he has fielded. I never in my life thought I’d hear coaches call less than 100 yards passing and no tds in the first half from an offense showing potential. Yet this is the ****ing dude RG thinks can turn it around.

A zero win season gets him fired. I don’t think much of the Admin but they would make that move.

Wrong answer on the 4th down punt as he had it backwards in his mind. We were still in it when he punted, and it was getting away when he didn’t and the spots on the field were significantly different.

this offense can have serious big play potential as most of the talent is in the WR room
I thought the same. He either didn't even remember the call at all and was thinking of the 4 and 17 he went for and the punt after or mixed up the order, but he had the score wrong. It's like he had as much in game awareness as my wife and she went to bed at halftime.

I didn't hate going for it on 4th & 17, but I disagreed with it. It was desperation time. Odds are probably more in your favor to punt and hope you get fortunate with a turnover or special teams play.

I do HATE not going for it on 4th & 5 from their 41 the series prior when it was less than a 2 TD deficit late in Q3. That decision is a huge nail in the KD coffin.

I do HATE the decision in Q1 to go for it on 4th & then to not go for it on 4th in the same situation. Pick a cultural mindset and stick with it. Either be a team that conservatively tries to end every drive with a kick or be a team that goes for broke. I can live with either approach, but KD has to fvcking pick one. Otherwise, he's showing that he has no vision for what type of program he wants to have and is in over his head.

Back