What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

This is high school level ****. How is this the call and how does Lewis not have the ability to count numbers and check in this situation. Holy ****ing ****

Saw that too. When he shifted the back I thought for sure he had seen the advantage to the field and was going to give to the back. Fvcking HS stuff as you said.

Is there some clause in his contract that lowers the buyout if he goes winless? If not, I’m pretty sure even that won’t do it

Wouldn’t be surprised if RG negotiated an increased buyout after going winless. RG be like …
Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF

Another name to watch is Ricky Rahne. Old Dominion HC who was with James Franklin for years prior to getting that gig in 2020, mostly as QB or OC.

Rahne grew up in Morrison, CO, and went to Bear Creek before playing his college ball as a QB at Cornell.

Another name to watch is Ricky Rahne. Old Dominion HC who was with James Franklin for years prior to getting that gig in 2020, mostly as QB or OC.

Rahne grew up in Morrison, CO, and went to Bear Creek before playing his college ball as a QB at Cornell.
Does he have a house in Boulder?

The main point is that I don't want RG, Lance Carl or Phil D. anywhere near the next hire. They have proven incompetent and are kryptonite to winning FB.

The main point is that I don't want RG, Lance Carl or Phil D. anywhere near the next hire. They have proven incompetent and are kryptonite to winning FB.
Yeah. I'm just throwing out some names of some younger coaches I think would be worth a look and would likely be obtainable.

I'm with an entire housecleaning being necessary.

Yeah. I'm just throwing out some names of some younger coaches I think would be worth a look and would likely be obtainable.

I'm with an entire housecleaning being necessary.
At this point we are looking toxic for coaches. The only guys we are going to get, especially since we aren't going to go crazy with what we pay, are washed up guys who are just looking for one more deal to pad their retirements or a young guy willing to risk a career for a chance to move up and get a P5 job.

Odds are against the young guy succeeding but somebody dynamic, hard working, and willing to put everything into it might have a chance.

The retreads are almost guaranteed to be a failure, KD was not only a retread but a failure retread who I doubt could have gotten a G5 job if we didn't take him.

I really liked the MT hire. They ****ed it up because they couldn’t keep him for more than a year. That’s what finally killed my passion for the game.

At this point we are looking toxic for coaches. The only guys we are going to get, especially since we aren't going to go crazy with what we pay, are washed up guys who are just looking for one more deal to pad their retirements or a young guy willing to risk a career for a chance to move up and get a P5 job.

Odds are against the young guy succeeding but somebody dynamic, hard working, and willing to put everything into it might have a chance.

The retreads are almost guaranteed to be a failure, KD was not only a retread but a failure retread who I doubt could have gotten a G5 job if we didn't take him.

They are paying KD $3+ million a year - which is more than what they were paying Tucker! The last year of KD's contract he is scheduled to make $4 million.

You think CU can't hire a coach for that kind of money?

I really liked the MT hire. They ****ed it up because they couldn’t keep him for more than a year. That’s what finally killed my passion for the game.
As usual, we got ****ed in the most unexpected way. MT was going to stay another year, maybe two, before he bolted for a more high profile job. And in that time, we likely would have improved incrementally, setting us up for another step forward. But no. The MSU situation came out of left field and they were rich/desperate. Not a good combo for us. So we got hosed on the timing and RG completely failed in handling a tough situation. There you have it. Poor luck coupled with poor vision/leadership. Not a good combo.

They are paying KD $3+ million a year - which is more than what they were paying Tucker! The last year of KD's contract he is scheduled to make $4 million.

You think CU can't hire a coach for that kind of money?
We can get lots of coaches for that kind of money. The only ones with success at the P5 level though will be the ones looking to coast out their last stop.

We aren't getting somebody hot to come to a career ending job for that money.

What we can get for that money is a younger guy looking to step up into the P5 level. It may turn out to be a stepping stone job but I'd take enough success for someone to be able to step up past us.

As usual, we got ****ed in the most unexpected way. MT was going to stay another year, maybe two, before he bolted for a more high profile job. And in that time, we likely would have improved incrementally, setting us up for another step forward. But no. The MSU situation came out of left field and they were rich/desperate. Not a good combo for us. So we got hosed on the timing and RG completely failed in handling a tough situation. There you have it. Poor luck coupled with poor vision/leadership. Not a good combo.

Someone was going to come for MT at some point either way.

RG royally ****ed up the KD hire. Bad enough to get stuck with KD - the worst part was opening up the checkbook for a guy literally NO ONE wanted. Hell I doubt Miami really wanted him. RG could have hired KD for $1.25 mil and a few cello packs of 1982 Donruss baseball cards - and probably would have been overpaying at that price.

I don’t have as much of a problem with RG that many here have. I still believe he knows how to build a program, he’s just not allowed to do so. Look at Mike Bohn. He was a disaster here but somehow figured it out at Cincinnati and USC? There’s institutional rot involved and that can only be addressed by replacing Phil with somebody who understands what it means to strive for excellence across all facets of the campus. Phil strives for mediocrity and usually falls short of that goal.

We can get lots of coaches for that kind of money. The only ones with success at the P5 level though will be the ones looking to coast out their last stop.

We aren't getting somebody hot to come to a career ending job for that money.

What we can get for that money is a younger guy looking to step up into the P5 level. It may turn out to be a stepping stone job but I'd take enough success for someone to be able to step up past us.

I'd rather pay an unknown coordinator with a chip on his shoulder $2 million with a ****-ton of incentives, than pay a washed up loser $4 million to lose every game.

I don’t have as much of a problem with RG that many here have. I still believe he knows how to build a program, he’s just not allowed to do so. Look at Mike Bohn. He was a disaster here but somehow figured it out at Cincinnati and USC? There’s institutional rot involved and that can only be addressed by replacing Phil with somebody who understands what it means to strive for excellence across all facets of the campus. Phil strives for mediocrity and usually falls short of that goal.
Where's Gordon Gee when you need him

I'd rather pay an unknown coordinator with a chip on his shoulder $2 million with a ****-ton of incentives, than pay a washed up loser $4 million to lose every game.
Agree completely. Give me a guy who is winning and motivating at a lower level, give me a young coordinator who is hungry to prove himself.

If he fails is won't be any worse that the washed up retreads we would get looking for an "established" coach

What exactly does DiStephano have to do with it? This has been a bogeyman for CU football for 30 years and I've never understood it. DiStephano doesn't call plays.

Want CU football to move in the right direction - quit scheduling a murderer's row of non-conference games!!! Play 3 non-conference home games against the likes of Maine, Northern Idaho, etc EVERY YEAR. Get some confidence and momentum (and some wins).

In other news, one player Dorrell was not able to retain (B. Rice) had one catch for 5 yards while USC scored 66. There were 11 receivers who had more catches and yards than Rice. Ouch - great job on that loss as well Dorrell.

What exactly does DiStephano have to do with it? This has been a bogeyman for CU football for 30 years and I've never understood it. DiStephano doesn't call plays.

Want CU football to move in the right direction - quit scheduling a murderer's row of non-conference games!!! Play 3 non-conference home games against the likes of Maine, Northern Idaho, etc EVERY YEAR. Get some confidence and momentum (and some wins).

We tried that for several years. It did not help much.

We scheduled like that for a few years, and still sucked ass.

Leadership comes from the top. Phil provides zero.

He neither expects nor demands excellence from anyone who works for him, including the AD.

Mtn says it all the time, but can anyone name any single facet of the university that has improved relative to its peers since he took over?

Academics have gotten worse, athletics has gotten worse.

His paycheck had gotten bigger though.

The AD reports to DiStefano, and his lack of leadership bleeds down to everything else.

Back