What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

What exactly does DiStephano have to do with it? This has been a bogeyman for CU football for 30 years and I've never understood it. DiStephano doesn't call plays.

Want CU football to move in the right direction - quit scheduling a murderer's row of non-conference games!!! Play 3 non-conference home games against the likes of Maine, Northern Idaho, etc EVERY YEAR. Get some confidence and momentum (and some wins).
DiStefano sets the rules by which RG must operate. That means if the football program requires eased admissions, or a PE major, or streamlined transfer procedures, or better academic support, or a budget for coaches salaries, he has to be on board. He tells RG what he can and can’t do. He’s the one commonality that stretches all the way back to 2001 when this all began. He is the captain of the CU -Boulder ship, and he can other lead the campus to success, or oversee a steady, gradual decline across all departments into mediocrity. It’s pretty clear what direction he has taken. He’s gotten away with it because the University leadership has been more focused on the three other campuses and has left CU-Boulder to its own devices.

Didn’t they pay MM 7M+ to terminate his contract? If he would go 0-12 they will find the money.

Macintyre was in his 6th year, and I think they paid him almost $10 million to go away. (He'd just signed a contract extension a year before if I remember)

Given the uncertainty of the PAC-12, I think it would be hard for CU to come up with $7+ million.

DiStefano sets the rules by which RG must operate. That means if the football program requires eased admissions, or a PE major, or streamlined transfer procedures, or better academic support, or a budget for coaches salaries, he has to be on board. He tells RG what he can and can’t do. He’s the one commonality that stretches all the way back to 2001 when this all began. He is the captain of the CU -Boulder ship, and he can other lead the campus to success, or oversee a steady, gradual decline across all departments into mediocrity. It’s pretty clear what direction he has taken. He’s gotten away with it because the University leadership has been more focused on the three other campuses and has left CU-Boulder to its own devices.

Meh. OK. The admissions and majors thing have been the same for 35+ years. CU won a national championship and regularly won conference championships with those same restrictions. The budget KD received was bigger than any prior coach's budget. So what's the problem?

I guess when DiStephano retires CU will finally start having winning seasons again.

Meh. OK. The admissions and majors thing have been the same for 35+ years. CU won a national championship and regularly won conference championships with those same restrictions. The budget KD received was bigger than any prior coach's budget. So what's the problem?

I guess when DiStephano retires CU will finally start having winning seasons again.
35 years ago the admissions and majors were roughly equivalent to our peers, the landscape of college football was far different, and we were incredibly fortunate to catch lightning in a bottle with a generational head coach. We keep trying to recapture that unique situation when our peers have made adjustments that allow them to compete in the modern era of college athletics. The University likes the idea of a good athletic department, it doesn’t like the reality of what it means to create and maintain one. That attitude comes straight from Phil DiStefano. Until that attitude is changed, it won’t matter who the AD is, because he/she will always operate at a disadvantage compared to our peers. While the Utahs and Washingtons of the world set out to achieve excellence, and actually take steps to achive that goal, CU will keep trying to hire the next Bill McCartney and hope that works out. Hope is a wonderful thing, but it’s a ****ty strategy to achieve success.

Is this what a dead program feels like? Sure feels that way to me and it is such an undesirable realization. Such a shame since CU has so many built in advantages (media market, desired location, program history, etc, etc). Had bought into the sleeping giant narrative for the past 20 years, but at this point I am not sure we ever get woken up.

Is this what a dead program feels like? Sure feels that way to me and it is such an undesirable realization. Such a shame since CU has so many built in advantages (media market, desired location, program history, etc, etc). Had bought into the sleeping giant narrative for the past 20 years, but at this point I am not sure we ever get woken up.
All it takes is a non apathetic President. If Saliman wanted CU to have a good football program, they could make it happen.

I think we could get woken up.

But, it's going to take the regents selecting a president that just happens to care about football (it will *never* be a search criteria).

Either that, or the structure of the board of regents gets changed - which literally requires a constitutional amendment.

The last option would be for a large donor to actually be smart, and direct a large portion of their donations to the political campaigns for regent. (Note: if I ever win the lottery, this will be my approach - even before funding a nil program or paying to buyout a coach.)

Another observation: We heard a lot during camp about how close this team has gotten. How much of a brotherhood this team had.

Brady Russell talking about heads folding down two possessions already? What a bunch of ****ing bull****.

Honestly-I'll take 0-12 if that means Karl Dorrell is gone.

All it takes is a non apathetic President. If Saliman wanted CU to have a good football program, they could make it happen.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Another observation: We heard a lot during camp about how close this team has gotten. How much of a brotherhood this team had.

Brady Russell talking about heads folding down two possessions already? What a bunch of ****ing bull****.

Why anyone would believe what the coaches have to say (personally or through Adam/Brian) is beyond me.

This needs to be probed by Brian and Adam Tuesday.

Saliman won’t clean house. There’s not enough going wrong. Having a ****ty football program won’t be enough for him to ****can DiStefano.

AD candidate to talk about. Hartwell hired Blake Anderson at Utah State in December 2020. Right after they went 1-5 and boycotted a game. He won the MWC in 2021.

We're back to playing in this pool again unless we somehow can talk Tom Herman into coming up here.

Saliman won’t clean house. There’s not enough going wrong. Having a ****ty football program won’t be enough for him to ****can DiStefano.
We haven't had a Mountain West team hang 70 on us on the road like the last time we were this ****ing bad.

Get back to me in a week.

Back