What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

That’s fair. The personnel were mainly MacIntyre’s. I think the ability to win those games was a product of Tucker’s coaching.
Eh, I don’t really buy into that. Again, I like Tucker as a coach and think he would have been solid here, but his gameday coaching left a lot to be desired in his one season. Air Force and Arizona home losses were inexcusable and 100% on coaching.

It’s ok to give KD credit for going 4-2 last year by catching UCLA in week one before they started playing well, getting SDSU at home on short notice, and generally dealing with COVID better than other programs.

Eh, I don’t really buy into that. Again, I like Tucker as a coach and think he would have been solid here, but his gameday coaching left a lot to be desired in his one season. Air Force and Arizona home losses were inexcusable and 100% on coaching.

It’s ok to give KD credit for going 4-2 last year by catching UCLA in week one before they started playing well, getting SDSU at home on short notice, and generally dealing with COVID better than other programs.
How’s Tucker doing now?

Regarding Tucker as a gameday coach, I agree about the Arizona and AF games but we only got a 1-season sample plus he was a first-year head coach so that's to be expected. But the way he was recruiting was something we hadn't seen in quite a while and the recruiting would've overcome poor gameday coaching for the most part, and that's assuming Tucker wouldn't have improved as a gameday coach.

Regarding Tucker as a gameday coach, I agree about the Arizona and AF games but we only got a 1-season sample plus he was a first-year head coach so that's to be expected. But the way he was recruiting was something we hadn't seen in quite a while and the recruiting would've overcome poor gameday coaching for the most part, and that's assuming Tucker wouldn't have improved as a gameday coach.
Alright, let’s refocus on the original point because I see this is evolving into thinking I didn’t like Tucker, which isn’t the case.

@buffedup said last years 4-2 was due to Tucker, which I simply don’t understand how anyone can make that argument in any capacity. It wasn’t being done w Tuckers recruits, and it wasn’t some knowledge of winning that Tucker instilled in the players from the year before.

Alright, let’s refocus on the original point because I see this is evolving into thinking I didn’t like Tucker, which isn’t the case.

@buffedup said last years 4-2 was due to Tucker, which I simply don’t understand how anyone can make that argument in any capacity. It wasn’t being done w Tuckers recruits, and it wasn’t some knowledge of winning that Tucker instilled in the players from the year before.

No I get your point which is why I prefaced my post with the gameday coach qualification. But yea you're totally spot on on the the fact that last year was not done with Tucker's players. Now I do think that Tucker installed a winning attitude in the players but that is nothing more than speculation on my part.

4-2 last year was not because of Tucker - that’s silly, he was only here one year.

But man, I could live with a hell of a lot of game day coaching blunders if this team was consistently getting more talented. I’m watching all these games today, and real college football sure does look like a lot of fun. I hope we see that in Boulder again someday.

No I get your point which is why I prefaced my post with the gameday coach qualification. But yea you're totally spot on on the the fact that last year was not done with Tucker's players. Now I do think that Tucker installed a winning attitude in the players but that is nothing more than speculation on my part.
I’m just not sure how that happened with a losing record and essentially more of the same from the prior 2 seasons

I’m just not sure how that happened with a losing record and essentially more of the same from the prior 2 seasons

Yea fair given he went 5-7 but 2 games got away mostly due to coaching. It just felt like the attitude in the program was changing - once again just my own speculation and perception. And it takes 2 or 3 seasons to fully change the attitude in a program.

Part of last year was luck in terms of the schedule but it also showed Tucker to be a good motivator, not a great Xs and Os coach but a good motivator.

What we have now is not a motivator nor an Xs and Os coach nor a recruiter.

We went from something to nothing.

I actually think it did have a lot to do with Tucker... Tucker leaving pissed off the team, and they got a lucky schedule but put in a ton of effort to be the best team on 4 game days. KD had less to do with the results than the team making a collective decision to play hard. The same goes with the 2016 team, MM had maybe 25% to do with that season, and every single player and all those special seniors had the most to do with it.

I think what we can say is that KD's 4-2 record last year was due to the personnel that MM and MT brought in. The o-line specifically was better due to the older guys that were under Kap helping the younger guys to retain some of his teaching before Rodrigue had a full off-season to undo everything good they had learned. But to say it's due to Tucker's "attitude" or something is kinda odd.

4-2 last year was not because of Tucker - that’s silly, he was only here one year.

But man, I could live with a hell of a lot of game day coaching blunders if this team was consistently getting more talented. I’m watching all these games today, and real college football sure does look like a lot of fun. I hope we see that in Boulder again someday.
NARRATOR: They didn't ever see it again.

Translation: If I fire people too soon it may become apparent it wasn't just their fault, it was mine too. I need a fall guy at the end of November.

There’s a part of me that appreciates taking a methodical approach. As fans we gravitate to the extremes and want results immediately. But this “methodical approach” Dorrell is talking about should have been started after the UNC game. Not four weeks later. It’s painfully obvious our game prep and in-game adjustments are ****. It doesn’t take a methodical approach to recognize that.
Truly being methodical is evaluating his guys from day one. Setting expectations. Especially for guys like Chev who he retained from the last staff that didn't light the world on fire before KD got here. It's pretty evident Summers getting fired but not Chev had more to do with philosophy differences than results. Maybe he's done these things, but it just doesn't feel like there is a lot of accountability from KD. A good manager is proactive with those types of things. The "drop into more meetings" line tells me he is pretty oblivious to what is going on with his staff (especially as a career offensive coach himself.)

KD sucks. Can't recruit. Can't x's and o's. His side of the ball is bad/not creative/predictable/stinks. Team isn't well disciplined. Can't manage his staff. His staff is cheeks. He's a dork. Get him out.

Translation: If I fire people too soon it may become apparent it wasn't just their fault, it was mine too. I need a fall guy at the end of November.

Truly being methodical is evaluating his guys from day one. Setting expectations. Especially for guys like Chev who he retained from the last staff that didn't light the world on fire before KD got here. It's pretty evident Summers getting fired but not Chev had more to do with philosophy differences than results. Maybe he's done these things, but it just doesn't feel like there is a lot of accountability from KD. A good manager is proactive with those types of things. The "drop into more meetings" line tells me he is pretty oblivious to what is going on with his staff (especially as a career offensive coach himself.)

KD sucks. Can't recruit. Can't x's and o's. His side of the ball is bad/not creative/predictable/stinks. Team isn't well disciplined. Can't manage his staff. His staff is cheeks. He's a dork. Get him out.
Machine gun takes at the end, rat ta tat tat tat

KD won games thanks to the team Tucker had been building.

No. Last year had nothing to do with anything Tucker did, and that's an even dumber take because the two kids who really stand out from last year were Noyer and Broussard, and they were both MacIntyre recruits. If I remember right, UCLA and Stanford had trouble even practicing together for most of last year. Arizona flat blew ass, and San Diego State was such an unusual circumstance because the game was scheduled on 36 hours notice that I don't think you can take anything from it.

No. Last year had nothing to do with anything Tucker did, and that's an even dumber take because the two kids who really stand out from last year were Noyer and Broussard, and they were both MacIntyre recruits. If I remember right, UCLA and Stanford had trouble even practicing together for most of last year. Arizona flat blew ass, and San Diego State was such an unusual circumstance because the game was scheduled on 36 hours notice that I don't think you can take anything from it.
2020 was a farce. Meaningless.

Anyone think RG has the balls to do anything meaningful after CU loses in miserable form this Saturday? Me neither and it says it all.
Stats say much too.....LOL only program in the nation with worse total offense generation is UL-Monroe....and they manage to average a few points more per game than CU's 13.8.

With THOSE numbers KD isn't sure he needs to make changes LMAO you can't dream this lunacy up. What clown car rodeo.

Anyone think RG has the balls to do anything meaningful after CU loses in miserable form this Saturday? Me neither and it says it all.
Stats say much too.....LOL only program in the nation with worse total offense generation is UL-Monroe....and they manage to average a few points more per game than CU's 13.8.

With THOSE numbers KD isn't sure he needs to make changes LMAO you can't dream this lunacy up. What clown car rodeo.
If changes don’t happen during the bye week then they aren’t happening during the season.

If changes don’t happen during the bye week then they aren’t happening during the season.
That's what it looks like to me as well. Take their lumps this season, then clean house after it. Maybe it's better to say, that's my hope.:cry:

Back