What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Does HCKD get one more year before he's gone? I'd say it would depend on who he hires as the OC. Keeping HCKD in 2023 after another poor season would be a repeat of Hawkins leading to Embree.

Does HCKD get one more year before he's gone? I'd say it would depend on who he hires as the OC. Keeping HCKD in 2023 after another poor season would be a repeat of Hawkins leading to Embree.
It's almost certain that KD starts 2023 as our HC. The question is whether he finishes

It's almost certain that KD starts 2023 as our HC. The question is whether he finishes

I'm going to say he wouldn't finish the season. Look at WSU and TT...got bowl eligible despite firing their coaches. WSU's interim coach got the WSU gig and TT's interim coach got the LT gig. Hope we have a good coach on the staff during that time.

This is still in my top 5 most funniest threads of all time. I hope he finishes the season. That means CU is having good year.

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP
FIFY

Seriously, what’s wrong with this hire?
See below from another thread.

Looking around at Sanford's history and I'm actually wondering what is remotely appealing about him.

Western Kentucky was one of the top offenses in the country for three years prior to Sanford arriving, averaging 44.4 ppg in 2014, 44.3 ppg in 2015 and 45.5 ppg in 2016 which were good for 6th, 3rd and 1st in the country, respectively. Insert Sanford in 2017 and 2018 and WKU dropped to 25.5 ppg and 21.1 ppg, repspectively.

He then gets hired on at Utah State as OC/QB in 2019... In 2017 and 2018, USU averaged 30.2 ppg and 47.5 ppg, the latter being good for 2nd overall in the country. Insert Sanford in 2019 and they drop to 29.2 ppg. Jordan Love also went from a QB in 2018 who completed 64% for 3567 yards 36 TDs and 7 INTs with an 8.6 avg yards/attempt. Insert Sanford in 2019 and Love went 62%, 3400 yards 20 TDs and 17 INTs with a 7.2 avg yards/attempt.

Minnesota tenure... Fleck had them at 29.5 and 34.1 ppg in 2018 and 2019 respectively. Insert Sanford and Minnesota scored 27.3 ppg 26.1 ppg, respectively. You can also see where Tanner Morgan was as a QB in 2019 and then his steep falloff in 2020 and 2021.

Basically, everywhere Sanford has gone has regressed, sometimes significantly. I guess the silver lining is that CU's offense literally can't regress any further?

Read this thread…

A slightly deeper dive into his career achievements than what I posted yesterday.

I’ve seen multiple people, Woelk and Howell mainly, suggest that “pedigree” is so important and in MS case, Stanford, Boise State, Notre Dame and Minnesota are all classified as great pedigree, so therefore it was a solid hire. Of course that doesn’t mention the fact that there is really no logical reason he even got he ND job and continued to fall up for the next 7 years (now 8-9 years w projecting being at CU for at least 2 years).

Honestly, his entire career kind of reeks of daddy has some friends and relationships in high places and has continually put in a strong rec for Jr to keep getting these jobs.

KD need to do something about that OL. 2 guys signed is not enough. We need at a mimum 5 new OL. Also need to appoint a OL coach.
No Way What GIF

Post OC hiring, I say HCKD cannot screw up next season or he's shown the door. What I'm afraid of is that a bowl game will mean an overvalued extension for HCKD.

Post OC hiring, I say HCKD cannot screw up next season or he's shown the door. What I'm afraid of is that a bowl game will mean an overvalued extension for HCKD.
Unless we get another weird covid season you don't need to worry.

But another weird covid season is less of a distant risk than it was a month ago.

Back