What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

While there are plenty of instances where players are getting beat one on one, it appears that on many plays, the line is lost on picking up assignments. On one sack today, neither 69 or 70 actually blocked or even engaged anyone. They were standing around at the end of the play looking lost. Is the center not making calls? Does anyone on the offense know how to read a defense?

when they do get pass pro right (usually a 3 or 4 man rush), QB holds onto the ball way too long. No one is playing at the speed needed.

I agree this is terrible o line play exacerbated by predictable play calling and conservative QB play.

Last edited:
Would you Rodrigue , Denver Johnson or Maximus? It's so bad this is a legit question

Anyone have a picture from the play where all 5 OL were beat and turned around watching Lewis attempting to run away from all 5 DL?

Real question here. How are guys like Kutsch and Roddick getting beat so bad 1v1 like every play? They were both decent last year. Kutsch getting some late around draft pick hype if I remember correctly. Is the technique that bad?

is fair to question Shannon Turley and S&C program? This is the worst Buffs OL I have ever seen and I am not exaggerating at all.

Pretty sure he is in a nursing home now. Isn’t he like 90 or so?
Nah. I sat at his table at the Living Legends banquet. He is still full of piss and vinegar. Walks with a little bit of limp, but looks more lively than what we are currently seeing.

Real question here. How are guys like Kutsch and Roddick getting beat so bad 1v1 like every play? They were both decent last year. Kutsch getting some late around draft pick hype if I remember correctly. Is the technique that bad?

is fair to question Shannon Turley and S&C program? This is the worst Buffs OL I have ever seen and I am not exaggerating at all.
Agree with the assertion this may be the worst CU OL of all time. Turley’s reputation, at least as far as S&C is concerned, is sound so I’d like to believe he’s not the problem.

Agree with the assertion this may be the worst CU OL of all time. Turley’s reputation, at least as far as S&C is concerned, is sound so I’d like to believe he’s not the problem.
For sure Turley’s rep is good but I cannot figure out how the OL has regressed this much. Sherman was a good LT but his loss alone should not cause the full on collapse we have here.

Its unreal how bad they get beat on almost every play. Never seen anything like it at this level in my life

For sure Turley’s rep is good but I cannot figure out how the OL has regressed this much. Sherman was a good LT but his loss alone should not cause the full on collapse we have here.

Its unreal how bad they get beat on almost every play. Never seen anything like it at this level in my life
The main issues with the OL are communication and understanding basic defensive alignments, twists, stunts, etc. Its a system and coaching issue with the lack of elite talent being a secondary issue

They look like they are over-thinking on every play. But that would assume the schemes are complex and that just can’t be the case. I’m at a loss.

Just saw McChesney twitter promoting himself for the job.
Animated GIF

Back