What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

They look like they are over-thinking on every play. But that would assume the schemes are complex and that just can’t be the case. I’m at a loss.
It frequently appears like they aren’t all executing the same play, or they don’t know the call. One example is the multiple times we’ve had two different receivers run routes to essentially the same location. If the Oline doesn’t know the signals, they may not know what’s going on behind them. I don’t know. It seems odd they wouldn’t have that down by game 7. I swear we only have 3 running plays, run either to the left or right side.

How much of it is the rotating of offensive linemen (note: I didn’t watch yesterday so apologies if the finally stopped that BS)? It seems like OL play depends a lot on familiarity so that can’t help.

How much of it is the rotating of offensive linemen (note: I didn’t watch yesterday so apologies if the finally stopped that BS)? It seems like OL play depends a lot on familiarity so that can’t help.
If by "rotating of offensive linemen" you mean the technique of "spinning away from the pass rusher like a matador to avoid contact".... yeah, they're still doing that.

All Rod needs to do is tweak the technique of the o-line a little to prevent 7 sacks next week.
Remember, the o-line only has one season in his super simple scheme.

What frustrates me more than anything is Purcell’s regression. He fits the part. Experienced, smart (graduated with a degree in evolutionary biology), 6’4”, 300lbs. Everything you want.

Hell, I’d be fine with firing Rod and asking Purcell to lead/coach the OL with his own blocking schemes based on what he knows from experience. Dead serious.

What frustrates me more than anything is Purcell’s regression. He fits the part. Experienced, smart (graduated with a degree in evolutionary biology), 6’4”, 300lbs. Everything you want.

Hell, I’d be fine with firing Rod and asking Purcell to lead/coach the OL with his own blocking schemes based on what he knows from experience. Dead serious.
Purcell literally did a full 360 on one play. Somehow the DL was bull rushing and pushing Purcell in the back. I don't even know how you end up in that position as an OL. His regression has been bad.

Last edited:
Can someone who understands Oline play explain to me why we have so much pulling and movement. It seem like the dline that is being is pulled away from is always making the play.

Did our Oline have this much movement last year? Is this part to tHCKD’s west coast scheme? Are we athletic enough to pull this off? (The answer of course is no).

The Oline along with the entire offense has regressed tremendously since last year and I really can’t understand how such a dramatic turn took place.

All Rod needs to do is tweak the technique of the o-line a little to prevent 7 sacks next week.
Remember, the o-line only has one season in his super simple scheme.
Subtle changes needed

If he's not done with coaching (it's been a few years), I could actually see Karl calling up Chris Naeole. He was an AA when Karl was an assistant here and I'd assume they would have just interacted this spring when Naeole was inducted into the CU Hall of Fame.

You guys know I'm not a big fan of hiring Forever Buffs, but he's actually qualified, brings toughness and fills that monster hole we've had with credibility recruiting Pacific Islanders since Cabral departed the staff.

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF

How is Vic the one with the scoop. I like Vic a lot, but CU football scoops are not exactly his forte.

So who is coaching the OL for the rest of the season? Whomever it is, needs to open the door and say, “all that BS that the last guy showed you, forget it! NOW!”

Back