What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#FireROD (UPDATE: #woot!)

They should try to get Matt McChesney. But I don’t see any way Matt would give up his business for such a speculative coaching staff. But then again, I am an idiot (so I have been told on this forum) and my posts mostly suck (so I have been told on this forum), so I am sure that this is a really really bad idea.

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I'm fine with it if it's just for the rest of the season. Then he can go back to his business and we hire a real OC coach. Or if KD is fired at the end of the season. In which case, the point is moot.

Seeing so many reporters and fans tweeting out that McChesney should be the hire and it's just mind-numbingly stupid. People saying he has the resume and recruiting connections :ROFLMAO: what resume line does he have that would qualify him for that? What recruiting connections? Oh, never mind the state of Colorado is filled to the brim with top tier talent. Definitely could win games with classes chalk full of CO kids.

I started to respond to the tweets saying it's a bad idea but realized I would probably be in twitter arguments all night because he "bleeds black and gold"

Seeing so many reporters and fans tweeting out that McChesney should be the hire and it's just mind-numbingly stupid. People saying he has the resume and recruiting connections :ROFLMAO: what resume line does he have that would qualify him for that? What recruiting connections? Oh, never mind the state of Colorado is filled to the brim with top tier talent. Definitely could win games with classes chalk full of CO kids.

I started to respond to the tweets saying it's a bad idea but realized I would probably be in twitter arguments all night because he "bleeds black and gold"

You have to remember more than a few CU fans actually liked Coach Blocking Sled.

Same idots that were retweeting and liking Chev’s 🔥 💩🔥💩🔥tweets when he was openly lobbying for the HC job.

Would almost certainly be an improvement, and maybe he could, you know, recruit a little bit too?

But, I honestly think that in the immediate term someone who knew Kap's system, calls, practice drills, techniques, etc would get the fastest improvement out of the players.

Honestly, I think it's good to recruit CO well.

However, I actually think McC has alienated a lot of CO HS coaches so I don't know if it would work out as well as the in-state fanboys think it would.

Honestly, I think it's good to recruit CO well.

However, I actually think McC has alienated a lot of CO HS coaches so I don't know if it would work out as well as the in-state fanboys think it would.
I think CO has good o-line talent. That's about it other than the 1 or 2 guys from Valor or the like that are highly rated.

Would almost certainly be an improvement, and maybe he could, you know, recruit a little bit too?

But, I honestly think that in the immediate term someone who knew Kap's system, calls, practice drills, techniques, etc would get the fastest improvement out of the players.
This dude's got a really impressive resume for only being 33-played and coached at Alabama, then Brian Daboll (who I think we all agree should get an interview for the Broncos job when that opens after the season) thought enough of him to bring him to the Bills after 2017 before Tucker snapped him up.

Back