What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker game week is here (2024 edition)

If you’re looking for omens, Cherry Creek is absolutely bitch slapping Omaha “powerhouse” Millard North right now in NE.
I haven’t heard much in the way of Millard North Football, since shortly after I graduated high school back in 99. My niece graduated from there in 21, she was on the 2x national champ dance team…so I’m guessing that they’re a dance school now?🙄

being a piece of a traffic jam is bad anywhere, but imagine being part of the traffic getting home to your house in nebraska after finishing your work at a job in nebraska
I know that stretch of I-80 all too well. It’s just south/west of the I-680 interchange, and it’s always backed up due to Omaha drivers and poor traffic flow planning. I worked at a company’s HQ, a few exits west for nine years, and hated this section. I usually had to get creative on routes home.

It’s a weird dichotomy. CU is a 7.5 point dog but if they lose, they’re going to get killed by the national and local media.
Yeah but if we win, the sky is falling in nub land. Word for word text I received “For us it just feels like so much rides in this game. Win and a wave of momentum follows but lose and it’s like what makes this year different from the past decade. I think it’s bigger for Nebraska than Colorado for that reason. If Colorado battles on the road and loses no big deal because they have the talent to actually compete with anyone in conference”

It’s a weird dichotomy. CU is a 7.5 point dog but if they lose, they’re going to get killed by the national and local media.
And even with a win, anything short of complete domination for 60 minutes will be framed as a fluke. And even then, I think the narrative would be that Nebraska was over hyped, and we still can't say that Colorado is good.

And even with a win, anything short of complete domination for 60 minutes will be framed as a fluke. And even then, I think the narrative would be that Nebraska was over hyped, and we still can't say that Colorado is good.

Not necessarily, I think it depends on how the game goes. If we win the turnover battle but like a 3+ margin then I agree with you, but if it's a tough, hard-fought close win I think we'll get a lot of credit

God dammit.

Rebecca signed me up to take Townes and his friends to the beach at 2:30pm for his birthday (his birthday isn’t until the 16th). Townes wants me to stay at the beach with them. That’s the thanks you get for being a cool dad.

Then I have to take these dweebs to Avila’s at 5:30pm. I’m pretty sure the owner is a CU donor so there will be no way to avoid the game and watch it after dinner.

F*ck!

Seriously, what are the odds they choose Avila’s of all places?

ESPN just did their segment on our game. It was a nebraska slobber-fest complete with ball-tickling.

I really hope we find a way today.

I love this so much. I want everyone picking against us every week.

This is the perfect set up and fits the narrative every time we play. No different than the late 80s and early 90s. Everyone thinks NU has finally made it after one game by a frost QB against a really bad team. This is also a great time for CP and how he motivates. This CU team will be ready. This CU team will be locked in. This CU team will be all business

Seriously, what are the odds they choose Avila’s of all places?
I was just telling my wife that now that we live in Austin I really miss watching the game at Avila’s on the peninsula. That place will be rocking today

I was just telling my wife that now that we live in Austin I really miss watching the game at Avila’s on the peninsula. That place will be rocking today

I think I’ll just have to live with missing the first half. At least I don’t think Townes will want us at his table. For our other kids, we usually let them have their own table and then go find a place out of sight.

My luck, everyone will want to leave with 10 minutes remaining in a close game.

Back