What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker game week is here (2024 edition)

I have to say, as much as I love beating the huskers, I HATE this game. I hope we don't play them for a LONG time, if ever again. I'm tired of being associated with them and having to deal with them.

Actually, having just traveled to Omaha for work, it is the complete opposite. You don't see posts like this over on their boards. CU is certainly not in their heads. They know it will be a very good, emotional game. Until their recent 10-year collapse under embarrassing leadership, we have been their little bitch for decades...and you know it. This is the crap I despise about CU fans. Many continue reveling in being the azzhole instead of taking the high ground. Be better.
Animated GIF

Now that we are allowed to take red balloons into the game. Been filling up on Coors Light and Asparagus. Pop a Flow-Max just before hitting the gate. Dumb ass nubs will never see em coming. They will be getting hit with "friendly fire".
**** the nubs.
Buffs are coming!!

They always get the nod early on by the press and public who think they are back and will beat the Buffs. My guess is that each of our last 3 wins we have been a dog in each. Not interested in looking it up but the perception is always that KnU is going to take it to the Buffs. We will see. I think the quiet we are seeing from our team and all sources around the program show how focused they are. Business and being prepared. We roll in the second half and pull away in this one. Back down to earth for the red once again after this game.

I have to say, as much as I love beating the huskers, I HATE this game. I hope we don't play them for a LONG time, if ever again. I'm tired of being associated with them and having to deal with them.

Actually, I want kNU on the schedule every year, especially if the teams have competitive balance--which they should for the next decade. They are our rival, until another emerges. Stadiums sell out, idiots post, TV viewership is off the hook, and a great game day. It is a popular game with bad blood and history. Rather, if CU wants a cream puff, I would stop scheduling little brother from the North since it is their Superbowl with no upside to CU; and tons of downside if we lose.

When the powers that be start talking about further limiting/paring down Div 1 to 60-80 teams, despite CU's twenty years of football ineptitude, CU may be attractive given past rivals/games with kNU, OU, ND, TX, and some others. Plus, they will want a few Rocky Mountain Teams--BYU, UU, and CU could be it for the timezone. Maybe Air Force, UoA or ASU (if they are not sanctioned yet again) make it or are squeezed out. Since we have Prime, at present CU is sort of America's Team at this early juncture--just watch the commercials and media coverage, good or bad. They are a revenue churning machine.

I do think much of the future scheduling will be based on how conferences decide to align and approach OOC games. If teams want 3 cream puffs, they will schedule them. If big conferences say play 10 conference games, they will do that. If conferences say you get 2 cream puffs and one decent OCC, kNU makes sense for CU, unless we can get ND!

I don't love the direction this is taking. Player and public figure, sure, but these aren't the kind of shots I like taking at somebody who was in high school at this time last year.
Adult. Public figure. Professional getting paid a fortune. It's part of the deal to deal with this kind of stuff. I get you not wanting to be a party to it, though.

Finally finished watching UTEP/NU. Initial take, Nebraska ain't half bad, but UTEP might be even worse than I said they were. So many miscues and poor execution. UTEP's DL is horrific. Raiola had zero fear back there and they put up zero fight against the run game.

Our DL play decides this game.

I don’t feel much worry about this game. I thought it would set in as the game got closer, but it hasn’t. I just think people don’t understand how much talent this team has. It will be loud, no doubt, but this week reeks of 2018 and the Adrian Martinez heisman campaign. In the end, he couldn’t even out play Steven Montez. It’s crazy to me that the college football world seems to think a talented freshman will produce more than the senior Shedeur. I listened to a Nub podcast where the guy predicted Shedeur to throw 3 INTs to that secondary. Buddy, he threw 3 INTs over the entire past season while getting sacked over 50 times.

To me, the defensive game plan is pretty simple. Stop the run (Buffs are much improved in this area by shutting down the NDSU running backs completely and they don’t have to worry about a running qb this time), force the pass, cause turnovers. What I’ve gathered from my Nub research is most of their defense returns from last year. This tells me on offense that we can shred them through the air again, same players on d vs more speed than the team that blew them out last year. Seems like an obvious mismatch. It would be nice to run the ball for sure, but I’m not sure it’s needed in this game. I don’t think the Nubs can match up on the back end. Overall, the Buffs are just a bad matchup for the Nubs.

Maybe I’m carefree with all of America picking the Nubs because “they are the more physical team”, but it feels like the same song and dance to me. Give Raiola a few years of seasoning and he might be great. Shedeur is already great. Buffs win by a couple of touchdowns.

Finally finished watching UTEP/NU. Initial take, Nebraska ain't half bad, but UTEP might be even worse than I said they were. So many miscues and poor execution. UTEP's DL is horrific. Raiola had zero fear back there and they put up zero fight against the run game.

Our DL play decides this game.
From watching it live I thought Raiola actually missed a few pretty easy throws; but I acknowledge I was hate watching and wanting to see him be bad, and hated listening to Huard gloss him so aggressively.

Was I wrong in thinking Raiola's accuracy is a little suspect?

From watching it live I thought Raiola actually missed a few pretty easy throws; but I acknowledge I was hate watching and wanting to see him be bad, and hated listening to Huard gloss him so aggressively.

And decision making (throwing into triple-coverage with all the time in the world)? My observation as well, but maybe he grows a lot between game one and game two.

First let me say that I have never seen Raiola as a 5-star QB. Other coaches and QB experts that I know have said the same thing. He has been over hyped since he got to HS. He was decent in his first CFB game. The misses I chalked up to being his first game. But we all need to consider he was playing a team that got zero pressure on him and has a LOW level FCS defensive backfield and he didn't shred them. That bodes well.

TBH though, Raiola is not going to be the guy who dictates who wins this game.

Back