What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker game week is here (2024 edition)

Media narrative is almost all the same: sure, 2 and 12 are great and the wrs are great BUT….

I suspect even if we start 3-0 this will continue.

**** the fuskers back into their ****ing hovels and trailers.

It's imperative that we put together some sort of a running game otherwise there will be alot of pressure on the OL to protect Shedeur since nebraska won't respect the run. They probably won't respect the run from the get go but if we struggle early trying to run that will only make it worse. If we can't get anything going with the RB's then use some designed runs by Sheduer to try and keep them off balance defensively. Getting yards in big chunks would help too, last week 30% of our plays went for 10 yards or more. I don't expect that we'll repeat that but with a few big gains that should cause them to become less aggressive.

It's imperative that we put together some sort of a running game otherwise there will be alot of pressure on the OL to protect Shedeur since nebraska won't respect the run. They probably won't respect the run from the get go but if we struggle early trying to run that will only make it worse. If we can't get anything going with the RB's then use some designed runs by Sheduer to try and keep them off balance defensively. Getting yards in big chunks would help too, last week 30% of our plays went for 10 yards or more. I don't expect that we'll repeat that but with a few big gains that should cause them to become less aggressive.
If you want yards in chunks Charlie can’t be the guy. Just sayin.

They always get the nod early on by the press and public who think they are back and will beat the Buffs. My guess is that each of our last 3 wins we have been a dog in each. Not interested in looking it up but the perception is always that KnU is going to take it to the Buffs. We will see. I think the quiet we are seeing from our team and all sources around the program show how focused they are. Business and being prepared. We roll in the second half and pull away in this one. Back down to earth for the red once again after this game.

This is the most calm I have ever felt before a CU-NU game and that is usually associated with me being confident CU will win the game. NDSU probably prepared the Buffs for the Nubs than many people expected to.

This may have been discussed but in the NDSU game it seemed like we were in a cover 1 defense the whole damn time. I get why we started in it but we got burned a couple times and I would think we’d have switched to something more resilient. I am hoping that we stuck with it, not out of stubbornness but because we had something we didn’t want to show until tomorrow. Thoughts?

This may have been discussed but in the NDSU game it seemed like we were in a cover 1 defense the whole damn time. I get why we started in it but we got burned a couple times and I would think we’d have switched to something more resilient. I am hoping that we stuck with it, not out of stubbornness but because we had something we didn’t want to show until tomorrow. Thoughts?
My theory of the ndsu game was that the coaching strategy was to keep the gameplan vanilla on both sides of the ball to minimize 1st game mistakes and win the game on talent.

That obviously won't be the strategy tomorrow.

I think losing Cam to injury early in the game may have played a role with keeping it simple.

First let me say that I have never seen Raiola as a 5-star QB. Other coaches and QB experts that I know have said the same thing. He has been over hyped since he got to HS. He was decent in his first CFB game. The misses I chalked up to being his first game. But we all need to consider he was playing a team that got zero pressure on him and has a LOW level FCS defensive backfield and he didn't shred them. That bodes well.

TBH though, Raiola is not going to be the guy who dictates who wins this game.
If he was a bonafide 5 star, he wouldn't be at nubraska

I'm afraid it will
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal

I have to say, as much as I love beating the huskers, I HATE this game. I hope we don't play them for a LONG time, if ever again. I'm tired of being associated with them and having to deal with them.
Good point. They’re a very annoying fan base. Everyone knows it

I was reading the NU boards a bit this week. They’re all saying how overmatched we will be tomorrow.

Like others, I know it could be a tough game, but I’m not worried at all, really.

First QB off the board in the draft vs a true freshman? Not even close

Reactions: GRM
Back