What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker game week is here (2024 edition)

I have different opinion. Their DT is elite and so is their CB. We only scored a lot after Sims gave the ball back to us over and over again.

They play 335 system with a lot of creative blitz packages. All of their DTs are highly experience and proven. If NDSU's blitz package can confuse us, and if we don't improve there quickly, it's going to be another long day for Shedeur.

I know we have a lot of weapons in WRs, but they have had one of the best secondary unit in Big10 for 2 years. if we can not run and still don't communicate well, they will probably win a low score game.
Wtf are you on about?

Comparing to NDSU, "another long day for Shedeur"

400+ yds, 4TDs, and 1 extremely fluky INT is a long day? Also positive yards rushing.

Give me another 11 long days for Shedeur if that's the case.

Wtf are you on about?

Comparing to NDSU, "another long day for Shedeur"

400+ yds, 4TDs, and 1 extremely fluky INT is a long day? Also positive yards rushing.

Give me another 11 long days for Shedeur if that's the case.
When I say that, I had Shedeur's whole Colorado career in mind.

I admit... I don't know ANYTHING about Nebrassholes this year except they say Dylan Raiola is the second coming of Jamaal Lord... I mean Adrian Martinez..... I mean Tommy Armstrong,..... I mean Vince Ferragamo..... or was it Scott Frost...? (Ok I stayed away from the dead ones to be classy)...

I know Matt Rhule very well since I am also a Temple alum for grad school.....

Where did they improve?

I admit... I don't know ANYTHING about Nebrassholes this year except they say Dylan Raiola is the second coming of Jamaal Lord... I mean Adrian Martinez..... I mean Tommy Armstrong,..... I mean Vince Ferragamo..... or was it Scott Frost...? (Ok I stayed away from the dead ones to be classy)...

I know Matt Rhule very well since I am also a Temple alum for grad school.....

Where did they improve?
TIL: Scott Frost is still alive.

Just saw a dude at the grocery store wearing an obnoxious Fusker shirt. Which is kind of rare. Nubs typically don’t make their way to these parts.

So as I waked by him, I said, “See you next week!” as I pointed at his shirt.

He slowly turned his head (much slower than a typical person). I saw that he looked confused. And so I said, “Go Buffs!”

His facial expression didn’t change.

Just saw a dude at the grocery store wearing an obnoxious Fusker shirt. Which is kind of rare. Nubs typically don’t make their way to these parts.

He slowly turned his head (much slower than a typical person). I saw that he looked confused. And so I said, “Go Buffs!”

He hasn't seen a good football game since November 17, 2001..... Give him time.

I’m hoping they watched last night, think we barely beat a ****ty FCS team and get overconfident, and totally lose focus and blow it against UTEP.

Also, is CSU even bothering to prepare for Texas? Or are they just gonna go all in on CU?
Better question might be will Texas prepare for CSU-Wyoming was tied 10-10 with 10 minutes to go down there two years ago.

I can't wait. Bought "We here" and "I ain't hard 2 find" shirts for no other reason than to see how many stupid looks I'd get next weekend.

So then I said, “And by the way, your Grandma enjoyed the piss balloons.”

He looked down, staring at the six boxes of Apple-Cinnamon Eggos in his shopping cart.

It was one of those “Buy 4” deals.

Last edited:
I never understand their optimism going into seasons in the modern era. They always think they are going to win 8-10 games and always fall flat. The big 10 west has been so bad it’s actually impressive that they never had any decent runs in that conference.

I think it’s crazy that they expect a true freshman qb to keep up with what we saw last night. Despite some issues, CU held a strong rushing team to 3.7 ypc. If they can hold NU to under 4 yards per carry it’s all on their freshman qb to out duel shedeur and his stable of weapons in his second college start.

I don’t remember NU playing well in a big time game over the last decade. Say what you will about CU and the hype they get the players are used to the spot light and is familiar with playing in packed stadiums. I don’t get the 7 point spread. Maybe tomorrow it will make more sense to me, but right now I suspect it’s the usual over estimation of NU and CU will win for the 4th straight time. I don’t really get what I’m missing and why next week will be different from last year.

I guess corn fans would say we gave you 4 turnovers! While true, if I remember right 3 of those turnovers were in the 1st half and cu never capitalized on them. The buffs exposed their lack of speed on the back end in the second half and went on like a 26-7 run and blew them out. Not sure why that can’t happen again with CU having even more speed than last year.

I never understand their optimism going into seasons in the modern era. They always think they are going to win 8-10 games and always fall flat. The big 10 west has been so bad it’s actually impressive that they never had any decent runs in that conference.

I think it’s crazy that they expect a true freshman qb to keep up with what we saw last night. Despite some issues, CU held a strong rushing team to 3.7 ypc. If they can hold NU to under 4 yards per carry it’s all on their freshman qb to out duel shedeur and his stable of weapons in his second college start.

I don’t remember NU playing well in a big time game over the last decade. Say what you will about CU and the hype they get the players are used to the spot light and is familiar with playing in packed stadiums. I don’t get the 7 point spread. Maybe tomorrow it will make more sense to me, but right now I suspect it’s the usual over estimation of NU and CU will win for the 4th straight time. I don’t really get what I’m missing and why next week will be different from last year.

I guess corn fans would say we gave you 4 turnovers! While true, if I remember right 3 of those turnovers were in the 1st half and cu never capitalized on them. The buffs exposed their lack of speed on the back end in the second half and went on like a 26-7 run and blew them out. Not sure why that can’t happen again with CU having even more speed than last year.
Here's the other thing with that argument they make with the four turnovers. They're starting a freshman QB. His first start against a power 4 defense. Say what you will about UTEP, but I think we're better than they are defensively. Dylan Raiola will turn it over at least twice.

Here's the other thing with that argument they make with the four turnovers. They're starting a freshman QB. His first start against a power 4 defense. Say what you will about UTEP, but I think we're better than they are defensively. Dylan Raiola will turn it over at least twice.
Good observation and I agree. NDSU took care of that ball. I also think we get a few more sacks with all the pass rushers we have. NDSU had a great game plan with getting the ball out really quickly. Not sure it’s realistic to expect a freshman qb to execute that well in game 2 in a jacked up environment, even though he is more talented than the fifth year senior NDSU qb.

Except they won their division their second year in the conference, and won 9 or more games 5 times since they joined the B1G.

I don’t like to say nice thing about those ****ers, but it’s a bad look when it looks like we don’t know what we’re talking about.

Except they won their division their second year in the conference, and won 9 or more games 5 times since they joined the B1G.

I don’t like to say nice thing about those ****ers, but it’s a bad look when it looks like we don’t know what we’re talking about.
Fair. They won their division 12 years ago. I should have been more specific and said they haven’t won a bad big 10 west in over a decade. Point being, I’ve never expected the buffs to win 9-10 games in my entire two decades of fandom. These guys do it every season I pay attention to them (so only in years when they play against CU).

So then I said, “And by the way, your Grandma enjoyed the piss balloons.”

He looked down, staring at the six boxes of Apple-Cinnamon Eggos in his shopping cart.

It was one of those “Buy 4” deals.
i am trying to picture a fusker in any nice part of CA. i have lived my entire adult working life in california. LA, OC, SD, SF, and i can only recall ever meeting 1 fusker. and that was like 3 decades ago.

you saw a unicorn. not a good unicorn but a unicorn nonetheless.

also, an observation about all the fusker fattie out there. how is it possible in this day and age of crazy effective weight loss drugs and fat shaming and all the information about exercise and good nutrition that there are still so many morbidly obese fuskers?

it is almost like they look around fuskerland and say **** it, i'd rather be dead and then eat themselves to death.

also, an observation about all the fusker fattie out there. how is it possible in this day and age of crazy effective weight loss drugs and fat shaming and all the information about exercise and good nutrition that there are still so many morbidly obese fuskers?

it is almost like they look around fuskerland and say **** it, i'd rather be dead and then eat themselves to death.
Ingesting copious quantities of HFCS is a matter of state pride.

we will see about this frosh fusker qb. his family legacy screams FUSKER all over.

On December 9, 2008, he was fined $7,500 by the Lions organization after he made an obscene gesture towards heckling Lions fans after Detroit fell to 0–13 with a 20–16 loss to the Minnesota Vikings at Ford Field.[7]

On November 1, 2009, Raiola had another run-in with fans who were heckling rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford.[8]

After on-the-field warm-ups at the October 6, 2013, game at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, several members of the University of Wisconsin Marching Band accused Raiola of making verbal assaults including homophobic slurs and comments about the band members' weight. The Detroit Lions subsequently issued an apology to the band and reported the behavior was against team policy, but added Raiola would not be disciplined by the team. Raiola stated to the media that he has more important things to worry about, like wins and losses.[9]

Following a game against the New England Patriots on November 23, 2014, the Detroit Free Press reported that Raiola admitted to taking a cheap shot at Patriots defensive tackle Zach Moore on last play of the game. The Patriots ran for a late touchdown when they could have taken three kneel-downs and ended the game with a 27–9 win over the Lions, and that decision rankled Raiola. Raiola said after the game that he tried to cut-block Moore on the Lions' final offensive snap as retaliation for the score, which resulted in an even more lopsided 34–9 loss for Detroit. "I cut him," Raiola said. "We took a knee, so I cut the nose (tackle). They went for six. They went for a touchdown at two minutes. They could have took three knees and the game could have been over. It's football. He wants to keep playing football, let's play football. Not a big deal. It's football." Patriots coach Bill Belichick responded during a press conference the following day, saying, "Sure there was a lot of frustration there with Raiola. He's never beaten us. Tough day for him."[10]

NFL spokesman Michael Signora said the following Wednesday that Raiola was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness, but not for his cut block on Zach Moore on the game's final play. Instead, it was for a play against Moore earlier in the drive, when Moore beat him, and Raiola appeared to try to club him from behind.[11]

In December 2014, Raiola stepped on the ankle of the Chicago Bears' Ego Ferguson. The NFL suspended Raiola for one game without pay and said that it was Raiola's sixth "safety-related rules violation since 2010".[12]

i am trying to picture a fusker in any nice part of CA. i have lived my entire adult working life in california. LA, OC, SD, SF, and i can only recall ever meeting 1 fusker. and that was like 3 decades ago.

you saw a unicorn. not a good unicorn but a unicorn nonetheless.

And it wasn’t a low-key shirt. Very busy - corn cobs flying all over the place.

Back