What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ Sun Devils

Unless I’ve missed one, I don’t believe a single shooting foul has been called against ASU. 37+ minutes into the game.

Flashbacks from the last couple years ... we're hanging with teams and then they go on epic, un ****ing real 3pt streaks. So frustrating.

That's a 22-7 difference in FT attempts for ASU.

That type of difference should not happen even on the road when ASU is launching 3s while CU is working inside out. It's ridiculous.

8 ft attempts at AZ
7ft attempts at Asu

Hmmmm....

I do agree that those numbers are suspect ... but a lot of that is because our guys don't initiate contact. Siewert is a pure finesse, spin to his left hand player. Walton is still building strength and just starting to develop his low post game at this level. King contorts a lot to avoid contact when going to the rim. Kin is the only guard we have that consistently gets to the rim, and at his height, he's gonna get blocked as much as he gets fouled.

We got some dudes who need to get stronger with the rock, stronger period. Get touched and the ball goes flying. They didn't go get the game, had it taken from them.

That type of difference should not happen even on the road when ASU is launching 3s while CU is working inside out. It's ridiculous.

17 attempts to 45 in the two games. Pac 12 refs in football are bad enough.

I do agree that those numbers are suspect ... but a lot of that is because our guys don't initiate contact. Siewert is a pure finesse, spin to his left hand player. Walton is still building strength and just starting to develop his low post game at this level. King contorts a lot to avoid contact when going to the rim. Kin is the only guard we have that consistently gets to the rim, and at his height, he's gonna get blocked as much as he gets fouled.

I guess I agree somewhat. Still a joke when buffs don't get same advantage at home.

17 attempts to 45 in the two games. Pac 12 refs in football are bad enough.
McKinley gets no calls when he drives to the hoop in Pac-12 road games. I think he needs to go more mid-range on the road. Pull up after beating his guy off the bounce and take those 8-17 footers he's so good with. I get tired of watching him get bodied by the guard trailing him with the help defender able to come over for a clean block. And his 3 point shot isn't where it needs to be yet. Good enough to keep defenders honest, but he's not able to live out there at this stage in his development.

The biggest thing I see when watching CU is they don't have an identity at all. They are slow with everything they do. Wanna play that way fine. Better do it all the time though or refs will give you zero. Wanna be physical, do it all the time, then you can play that way instead of the touch foul bs. Virginia does it quite frequently.

Ridiculous run for ASU from 3.

Some of them were bad defense, but a lot of them were what you would normally call bad shots that happened to fall. Sometimes that happens when guys start feeling it.

The refereeing thing is getting a little out of hand, if you ask me. There were calls tonight that were so ticky-tack on us, but we couldn't buy a trip to the line.

Agreed. Tonight I also think we saw a senior laden team that knows how to draw fouls and get calls vs. a roster counting on a lot of freshman. Still though we're getting beat by teams that are making low percentage NBA 3-ball range shots at a decent clip.

Tad's substitutions are questionable, down by 6 with one starter on the floor makes me shake my head. 3 yrs from now Bey will get drafted the kid's raw talent is becoming more obvious. Namon Wright has a good game and the sooner he becomes consistent this team will win. Walton can use all of the minutes he can get this season for the future, he shows promise on both ends of the floor. Siewert & Niko warm bodies, neither have a well rounded game, they have their moments which allow you to forget that they struggle to rebound or play defense until the next time they don't do either. 4 yrs of watching Dom and I still don't understand the young man's game, one minute he drops a 3 the next he turns the ball over via a simple pass. The hidden jewel is Schwartz, 2 yrs from now with experience he could be good.
Good game tonight if asu hadn't dropped the 3s when they did the game would've been much closer.

Tad's substitutions are questionable, down by 6 with one starter on the floor makes me shake my head. 3 yrs from now Bey will get drafted the kid's raw talent is becoming more obvious. Namon Wright has a good game and the sooner he becomes consistent this team will win. Walton can use all of the minutes he can get this season for the future, he shows promise on both ends of the floor. Siewert & Niko warm bodies, neither have a well rounded game, they have their moments which allow you to forget that they struggle to rebound or play defense until the next time they don't do either. 4 yrs of watching Dom and I still don't understand the young man's game, one minute he drops a 3 the next he turns the ball over via a simple pass. The hidden jewel is Schwartz, 2 yrs from now with experience he could be good.
Good game tonight if asu hadn't dropped the 3s when they did the game would've been much closer.
Foul problems completely threw the normal substitution patterns out the window in this one. Bey ended up fouling out at the end despite Tad trying to protect him. I think we ended up going 11 deep in this one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Strating even get into the game?

I think you're being really hard on Dom, Siewert and Lazar. Dom's having a very good season. Siewert and Lazar played well tonight, with Siewert toughing it out on a bad ankle suffered in the 2nd half on Thursday.

Interesting, we were picked to be 9th in the Pac. At the moment, we are. But I still love this 9th place team.

I'm really excited for the future of this team, however, I can't help but wonder how much losing Collier and King will hurt next year.

Thought it was a nice adjustment by asu to double the ball up high in the second half. Seemed like that took away a lot of the easy looks we were getting inside.

Really wish we weren’t trying to end this skid with krystkowiak coming to town.

Back