What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ Sun Devils

Tough damn road trip. Refs were not going to let the Buffs get to the line in either one. This team played hard and stuck with ASU until the 3 pt barrage in the mid to late part of the second half. Better days ahead for these Buffs if they keep this up.

Tough damn road trip. Refs were not going to let the Buffs get to the line in either one. This team played hard and stuck with ASU until the 3 pt barrage in the mid to late part of the second half. Better days ahead for these Buffs if they keep this up.
And despite that barrage, our Buffs had kept it within range. The dagger was the offensive trip to answer when the b.s. offensive foul got called on Bey when he was in position to get an easy basket with a smaller player trying to guard him. Not only probably lost 2 points, but also lost our best defender because it was his 4th foul and he had to go back to the bench.

For perhaps a little objective clarification (in my own mind), the 3-pt barrage brought ASU’s 3-pt % up to a final of 32%, meaning that if the barrage had been more evenly distributed throughout the game the outcome would have been the same. It would have been nice if the barrage hadn’t happened and ASU would have shot 10% on 3s, but it’s not like the barrage was “lucky”, it’s just what happened.

The foul/freethrow issue may be another story - didn’t watch the game but the numbers seem to be self-evident.

With this team, even in our recent losses I am impressed with how we show up to play and compete. Kept it close with both Arizona schools in the desert. Wright IV and Bey are real fun to watch.

The way I feel about this squad versus how I felt about last year’s team—specifically the seniors—couldn’t be more different. Super excited for the future. In my opinion this team has already exceeded my expectations and are way ahead of the curve.

With this team, even in our recent losses I am impressed with how we show up to play and compete. Kept it close with both Arizona schools in the desert. Wright IV and Bey are real fun to watch.

And when all is said and done, we split with two ranked teams for the season. That doesn't suck.

The ASU game hurt more to me. Sometimes playing a team that lives and dies by the 3 ball, that 2nd half will happen. Seems like one guy will get hot and others will follow suit. It is what it is. On top of that, pretty obvious the officiating was pretty one sided and i'm not one to bitch about that often. My problem with it is this, don't call one half one way and the second half totally different. How the hell can you adjust as a player to how it's called when there is no consistency at all? Wanna call it tight or allowing more contact fine but do that the whole game.

Last edited:
The ASU game hurt more to me. Sometimes playing a team that lives and dies by the 3 ball, that 2nd half will happen. Seems like one guy will get hot and others will follow suit. It is what it is. On top of that, pretty obvious the officiating was pretty one sided and i'm not one to bitch about that often. My problem with it is this, don't call one half one way and the second half totally different. How the hell can you adjust as a player to how it's called when there is no consistency at all? Wanna call it tight or allowing more contact fine but do that the whole game.

Last night hurt, but I was kind of expecting a rough week. Haven't had a chance to watch a re-run of ASU yet, so we'll see. These next three (Utah, Cal, Stanford all at home) are huge. Need em all.

Last night hurt, but I was kind of expecting a rough week. Haven't had a chance to watch a re-run of ASU yet, so we'll see. These next three (Utah, Cal, Stanford all at home) are huge. Need em all.
Schedule gives us a great chance to finish well. No game is a huge challenge, realistically we may lose 1 or 2 at home between UT, Stanford & USC, may win 1 or 2 in Washington. Finish somewhere between 8-10 and 10-8 in conference, a great kickoff to the 2018-19 season where we pick up 3-4 more conference wins.

Back