What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

I had two Kst fans sit right in front of me and I became annoyed immediately. Then after half the grandpas behind me left and were replaced by an entire row of Kst fans
CU has always attracted a good number of visiting fans from the flyover states. if you had to live in Kansas, or ****braska, or Iowa, etc. you would want to take any oppotunity to leave and spend some time where it doesn't totally suck.

CP has taken the whole thing to a new level. it wiould be cool if there was a way to only sell to verified Buffs.

CU has always attracted a good number of visiting fans from the flyover states. if you had to live in Kansas, or ****braska, or Iowa, etc. you would want to take any oppotunity to leave and spend some time where it doesn't totally suck.

CP has taken the whole thing to a new level. it wiould be cool if there was a way to only sell to verified Buffs.
there was a decent system back in day of paper tickets and cash sales on the lot ("oh, you're wearing black and gold")

We walked to The Hill after the game thinking that was the best place to catch an Uber home (terrible, terrible mistake) and that's when we experienced most of the bad KSU fans, although they were mostly student aged fans having no awareness of where they were, yelling and talking **** to CU students and on the verge of getting their asses beat.

We walked to The Hill after the game thinking that was the best place to catch an Uber home (terrible, terrible mistake) and that's when we experienced most of the bad KSU fans, although they were mostly student aged fans having no awareness of where they were, yelling and talking **** to CU students and on the verge of getting their asses beat.
I walked to the Hill after the game also after... I remembered Insomnia Cookies!

I honestly had no idea that my preference to be surrounded by CU fans in my season-ticket section at our home stadium would be so controversial.

I'm kinda pissed because I don't think the true owners of the seats next to me have ever been at a game. It is just musical chairs. I've been lucky that I've never had a fan from the other team sit next to me, but they were empty the last 2 games last year, which annoys me. I tried to expand from 2 to 4 this year, but I would have had to go way the hell up to the top of 209 or something like that. But the dick investor I guess just sells his seats game in/game out.

After reflection, and reading some of the posts, I am probably overreacting to a close loss. CU should have won that game. KjSU is a solid team, but not nearly as talented as CU and it annoys me that it appears to me personnel decisions and poor game planning are limiting what I think this roster could really do. JMO.

No argument here.

I was stuck in Sect 103, so I knew that the atmosphere would not be as good. But as one Buff fan behind me said, “this seating location is going to suck if we lose, but it’s going to be fantastic if we win.” He was right. The KSU fans around us were fine. No issues at all. That said, it’s hard to hear the band from down there, so I’ll avoid that section when buying tickets in the future. For the Baylor game we were in 107 and enjoyed those seats. Until this year, we’ve always been on the west side and would prefer to be there in the future.

I mean, maybe? I'm not sure how you reconcile losing the best QB (or top 2-3 QB) in the sport and the offense being better, unless you think a True Freshman or transfer is going to be a similarly effective passer but the running game is going to take a massive leap forward.

CU fans are funny. Shedeur is the best QB in the history of this program and will likely be the highest draft pick in the history of CU football, yet there's almost a mindset that we'll be better off without him. Some of you need to gain some perspective here.
There is too much focus on Shaduer, both internally and externally.

And the argument that they are bending to the needs of the player is dumb. They are running an offense that gives them the best chance to compete and win. Replace Shedeur with a mediocre QB and try to make this a more balanced team and they are sitting at 1-5 right now. Like it or not, that's the reality. They are pass heavy because that's where the talent is on this offense, not because of "daddy ball".
I totally disagree with this. We can be a much better running team with just a bit more focus and a quarterback who is running threat.

How do you reconcile the best QB (or top 2-3 QB) and think 6-6 is an acceptable team outcome? There are more than a few posters here who apparently can.
If we get to a bowl game, it willl kinda feel like breaking 90 in golf. It isn’t a huge achievement but it will mean we don’t completely suck.

It will be a welcome change even if it is an underachievement.

Im saying that we have a team that can run the ball better than what they are showing under the current system. We would not be 1-5.
I disagree. The numbers mostly show that we are an average to below average rushing team, even when we make the concerted effort to run the ball the entire game. We do not have the OL personnel to be consistently effective against competent defensive teams. Part of that is because the top three OL transfers that were supposed to transform the group aren't even playing mid way through the season (Benson, Mayers and Tyler Johnson).

So, yeah, if you replace Shedeur with a mediocre QB who can hand the ball off better but is a lesser passer and keep everything else the same, we're 1-5 with probably a close win against CSU. It's insane that there are Buff fans who essentially believe this offense would be better off without him.

If we get to a bowl game, it willl kinda feel like breaking 90 in golf. It isn’t a huge achievement but it will mean we don’t completely suck.

It will be a welcome change even if it is an underachievement.
6-6 or 7-5 is a coaching failure IMO. I don't think anybody expected CU to come out of the OOC less than 2-1, with a possibility of 3-0. Turns out 2-1 was the correct view.

That being the case, a 6-6 finish means a 4-5 record in the B12. The B12 is pretty weak, and CU gets 4 of the weakest B12 teams (UCF, KU, Cincy and bailer).

You can build it out from there. After a 2-1 finish, CU ought to be able to post at least a 6-3 conference record. Anything less is a significant underachievement.

8-4 should be the bar to clear.

6-6 or 7-5 is a coaching failure IMO. I don't think anybody expected CU to come out of the OOC less than 2-1, with a possibility of 3-0. Turns out 2-1 was the correct view.

That being the case, a 6-6 finish means a 4-5 record in the B12. The B12 is pretty weak, and CU gets 4 of the weakest B12 teams (UCF, KU, Cincy and bailer).

You can build it out from there. After a 2-1 finish, CU ought to be able to post at least a 6-3 conference record. Anything less is a significant underachievement.

8-4 should be the bar to clear.
I know it.

I’m trying to stay positive!

From what I've gathered from Neely etc., despite what he shows in the games Augustave has issues in practice and watching film. Hope he has fixed that and can run with it, cause that's two out of the last three games our RB has come out and missed big holes in the first quarter.

From what I've gathered from Neely etc., despite what he shows in the games Augustave has issues in practice and watching film. Hope he has fixed that and can run with it, cause that's two out of the last three games our RB has come out and missed big holes in the first quarter.
It's hard to play a guy if you don't trust that he's prepared.

Reactions: GRM
It's hard to play a guy if you don't trust that he's prepared.
This has supposedly been the issue with Omarion Miller not seeing more playing time until this week as well. Tyler Johnson as well, although that one is a bit more speculation.

To take it a step further, these decisions are just more reasons why I think CP is here to build a program for the long term. He's actively benching more talented players who would probably perform better in the game than their alternative, in order to set the precedent in his program that it doesn't matter how talented you think you are, you will also be a student of the game or you won't see the field. If he was just trying to win and bounce out of Boulder after this year, he wouldn't be concerned with that, IMO.

Back