What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: South Dakota State at Colorado (Fri December 15, 6:00 PM MT, P12N)

I can’t believe they let Daum get away with the shoulder shots on the defender.

What the hell does that announcer think he's seeing. I've waited to say this, but he's been ****ing annoying as hell all night and has seemed to favor SDS on any kind of close calls/plays. Whatever, **** him. We win!

That was a hell of a game. Really nice win for the buffs. I’d like to place a bet on South Dakota State right now in their inevitable 4-13 matchup in the first round game come march.

Buffs had a lot of reasons to lose this thing tonight but they stuck with it and got the win. Should have had it in regulation but they did what they had to do to get a win.

No question in my mind that last years team loses this game by 15.

This team will lose some it shouldn't and win a few they shouldn't but they are going to be fun. Lot more enjoyable to watch when you see a team playing to win as a team.

That was a fun game to watch. MW4 is pretty special huh? I was a little confused on why they didn't put King in late in regulation, even with the 4 fouls, but Tad's decision makes sense in retrospect with defense in mind. I hope Bey's jumper becomes a consistent part of his game. Nikolic and Siewart I thought showed great effort. That was a fun and quality win. These kids are better than I thought they'd be.

That was a hell of a game. Really nice win for the buffs. I’d like to place a bet on South Dakota State right now in their inevitable 4-13 matchup in the first round game come march.

That's probably the best one bid league team in the country, and they had us dead to rights late in that first OT. Big step for this young group tonight.....especially coming off of Tuesday night.

We won in every major category (shooting %, 3 point % (tied for 3s made), rebounds (by a lot), except for TURNOVERS. That's the reason that the game was so close at the end (we can still work on our closeout D against 3 pointers though).

That said, I was very impressed at how the turnovers were virtually eliminated late when it got really close and the focus was there.

Well done Buffs! Tonight I saw a team that I was proud to watch. I wasn't motivated to go to another game anytime soon after the last couple of games, but after watching tonight's game, I'm looking forward to catching some games with the conference slate starting soon.

No question in my mind that last years team loses this game by 15.

The general bashing of last year's team may be warranted to a degree, but I think is overblown. Your statement is pure conjecture, so sure, perhaps...but I disagree. Last years's team was incredibly disappointing due to high expectations... ...they weren't absolutely terrible.

The general bashing of last year's team may be warranted to a degree, but I think is overblown. Your statement is pure conjecture, so sure, perhaps...but I disagree. Last years's team was incredibly disappointing due to high expectations... ...they weren't absolutely terrible.

Last years team had talent but they didn't handle pressure well. Keep the heat on them and they tended to fold like a napkin.

This SDSU team had a couple of very good players and a bunch of solid supporting mid-major guys. What they have though is a very well coached team that doesn't get out of their game.

Last years Buffs would have had one of their notorious cold spells and SDSU would have kept on playing their offense and scoring. We would have seen one of those double digit swings, the Buffs would have gotten frustrated and either thrown up some garbage on offense or more likely lost their focus on defense and the Jackrabbits would have run away with it.

Last years team had talent but they didn't handle pressure well. Keep the heat on them and they tended to fold like a napkin.

This SDSU team had a couple of very good players and a bunch of solid supporting mid-major guys. What they have though is a very well coached team that doesn't get out of their game.

Last years Buffs would have had one of their notorious cold spells and SDSU would have kept on playing their offense and scoring. We would have seen one of those double digit swings, the Buffs would have gotten frustrated and either thrown up some garbage on offense or more likely lost their focus on defense and the Jackrabbits would have run away with it.
Also it is notable that they held it together for an extended period of time with King on the pine.

MW4 is the most dynamic freshman we've had since Chauncey ... and he's already in our top 10 all-around players in that time span, IMO. Kid does it all. Insanely lucky to get him.

...sure...whatever you say. Last year's team didn't have any quality games against better opponents than SDSU... ...

Of course they played like arrogant asses at times, and they were very schizo with how well they could play at times. Your criticisms are over-encompassing though.

Back