What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: South Dakota State at Colorado (Fri December 15, 6:00 PM MT, P12N)

I know every coach talks about making their program a family, but Tad has done such a good job with that. The unsolicited tweets from SD and DWhite at McKinley after his games warm my heart. Plus, Nate Tomlinson, Dom Coleman, and Marcus Hall tuning in most games, it really has to be cool for a current player to see all of that support

Given our youth, is it fair to say this year is about learning to play D1 basketball, next year will be about learning to win and the next will be about winning? You know, sort of a gradual progression. Or will it be one of those “Aha moment” things where the light suddenly comes on?

Given our youth, is it fair to say this year is about learning to play D1 basketball, next year will be about learning to win and the next will be about winning? You know, sort of a gradual progression. Or will it be one of those “Aha moment” things where the light suddenly comes on?
Pretty fair. They're learning that you can't just show up and expect to win at this level. No matter the opponent, you're talking about a team filled with guys who are on D1 scholarship and are each as good as the best player on the HS teams they played last season. Dealing with the grind of college and being up for every game is a major adjustment. The other thing is learning to win on the road. It's hard. This year's team hasn't shown it is close to taking that next step of figuring out how to take a business trip.

I think a gradual progression is a fair expectation, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they take that next step next year. MW4 is the real deal in terms of a player, and a leader. This freshman class wants to win. Now. I think we are in for a very very exciting 2018-2019 season.

This is only tangentially related to the SDSU game, but it's strange to me how comfortable I am in the offense with out King. Schwartz is so smooth on the perimeter already, and once he gains confidence in his drives, I think he can average 10, easy. Plus Battey is great on offense (supposedly)

I think that’s a good fan perspective barring injuries and unexpected departures/behavior issues. 2019-2020 should be a dynamite year, and next year will be better than this one.

I think a gradual progression is a fair expectation, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they take that next step next year. MW4 is the real deal in terms of a player, and a leader. This freshman class wants to win. Now. I think we are in for a very very exciting 2018-2019 season.

I had zero expectations this year for the team, and I'm really happy to see the team thus far. MW4 of course is great, Bey looks nice, Siewart has shown me something, Nikolic is way better than I thought he'd be, Namon's doing ok, Brown is showing something, etc. I fully expect a big step next year and will be hoping for an NCAA bubble run. If they do that, I agree that we can have a really exciting 18-19 run, but my crazy, fandom is hoping for a S16 run with these freshmen as juniors. Of course though, let's see what they do the rest of the year.

Back