What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's bball hosts #13 Tennessee (Saturday, 12/5/21,Noon MT, FS1) and Eastern Washington (Wednesday, 6:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

Most around me were pretty cool and decent to hang with except for the one douchebag who was even getting yelled at by his fellow UT fans.

With all the orange today though, I am VERY concerned about Kansas now.
What I saw was further validation that many locals are casual CU fans. Transplants who sort of enjoy the local college fare.

While in the parking structure after the game, I saw a car with Buff Club plates leave with orange-clad TN vol supporters in it. Kid you not.

6-3 is what I expected at this point and the good news is that we look like we belong with UCLA and Tennessee.

I am concerned that the early season offensive prowess shown by Kee was just a mirage. The team is much better when he is scoring consistently.
Jabari has a tendency to disappear when he isn't the most athletic player on the court.
KJ is awesome. The stretch where he put the team on his back to pull the game to 5 was great.

Tennessee really exploited our pick and roll defense in the second half. Tad was pissed about the execution of the defensive scheme after the game so I am assuming he didn't want Battey covering their lottery pick on the perimeter time and time again.

Vescovi was a real difference maker in my mind. He made three clutch plays late where our defense was good but he made the better play.

The inflection point of the game was when Barnes called a timeout before the under 8, hit a three, stopped us, got the under 8 timeout, got a bucket, and then stopped us again. If the coaching staff can improve on anything it is offensive scheme and play calling after dead balls and timeouts.

That was a big missed opportunity and with the way the non-conference has gone for the PAC we will need to win a lot of conference games to go dancing. Still doable and I still expect it to happen.

First NETs are in and we're at #119:

Middle Tenn.
Middle Tenn.
C-USA1163052195-20-05-20-22912840-10-01-14-0
Syracuse
Syracuse
ACC117491345-31-04-31-01351630-12-10-13-0
Miami (OH)
Miami (OH)
MAC1181701773-30-03-31-22142140-00-21-12-0
Colorado
Colorado
Pac-121191111566-31-15-20-11492370-20-04-11-0
Boston U.
Boston U.
Patriot1203082206-30-06-32-32702660-00-20-16-0
Delaware
Delaware
CAAW1212602027-30-07-32-22522490-20-03-14-0
South Carolina
South Carolina
SECW1221901816-20-06-20-12932870-01-02-23-0

First NETs are in and we're at #119:

Middle Tenn.
Middle Tenn.
C-USA1163052195-20-05-20-22912840-10-01-14-0
Syracuse
Syracuse
ACC117491345-31-04-31-01351630-12-10-13-0
Miami (OH)
Miami (OH)
MAC1181701773-30-03-31-22142140-00-21-12-0
Colorado
Colorado
Pac-121191111566-31-15-20-11492370-20-04-11-0
Boston U.
Boston U.
Patriot1203082206-30-06-32-32702660-00-20-16-0
Delaware
Delaware
CAAW1212602027-30-07-32-22522490-20-03-14-0
South Carolina
South Carolina
SECW1221901816-20-06-20-12932870-01-02-23-0
We can't afford to lose any more non-conference games other than to Kansas. Beating them would put us in great shape. Somehow need SIU to became a Tier 2 game, also.

Tad said on Buffzone we are a dangerous team but not a good team. Good article with assessment by him of what they have to do. EWU sounds like a definite challenge.

Love that Tad is open to giving players the hook or simply not playing them if they're not getting it done. Tough love. I for one, like this team better when KJ is on the floor rather than Kee. I also don't see that LOB gives us anything with his minutes. And I've been a strong proponent for Lovering to date, but he needs to get his sh!t figured out ASAP as well. He should be a 5ppg, 4rpg guy at this point even with limited minutes.

Love that Tad is open to giving players the hook or simply not playing them if they're not getting it done. Tough love. I for one, like this team better when KJ is on the floor rather than Kee. I also don't see that LOB gives us anything with his minutes. And I've been a strong proponent for Lovering to date, but he needs to get his sh!t figured out ASAP as well. He should be a 5ppg, 4rpg guy at this point even with limited minutes.
We're not deep enough in the frontcourt for Lovering to ride the pine.

We're not deep enough in the frontcourt for Lovering to ride the pine.
Agreed. My point was more that he needs to step his sh!t up. No more panicking when you get the ball down low in a scoring position, no more indecision on both ends of the court, no more soft fouls then shaking your head shrugging your shoulders wondering why. Man up, focus up, play like the #47 player in the nation last year.

Tennessee lost to Texas Tech at home yesterday. They shot 6 - 40 from three. Yikes.

Despite what Tad is saying, if we don't beat Eastern Washington by 12+ we should all be worried.

So is Washington State crapping themselves right now?
Probably not. As it stands, the Pac12 is looking like it will be UCLA, USC and Arizona fighting for 1-3 and the other nine of us with an equal shot at finishing 4-12.

Despite what Tad is saying, if we don't beat Eastern Washington by 12+ we should all be worried.
Again, this premise is flawed and a completely unreasonable expectation. Should Gonzaga be worried because they only beat Tarleton State (who?) by 9 last week? There is plenty to be concerned about, but you are not going to blow out every non-power conference team. It simply is not going to happen.

Again, this premise is flawed and a completely unreasonable expectation. Should Gonzaga be worried because they only beat Tarleton State (who?) by 9 last week? There is plenty to be concerned about, but you are not going to blow out every non-power conference team. It simply is not going to happen.
Why is it flawed? We are at least 12 points better than EWU. They are not good. Hell, Vegas has us 17+ points better than them. I think Tad is trying to ensure his team is focused.

Why is it flawed? We are at least 12 points better than EWU. They are not good. Hell, Vegas has us 17+ points better than them. I think Tad is trying to ensure his team is focused.
Because you're not going to blow out every non power conference opponent. That expectation is unreasonable. There are circumstances where CU can win this game by less than 12, completely control the game, and still be a comfortable win. There are also circumstances where they can win by 25 and still have giant red flags.

Final score doesn't often reflect the gameplay. Say we win 70-64. We outrebound the heck out of them. They shoot 50 percent from 3 and we go 1-18. We were up 15 with 10 minutes to go and give extended time to youngsters who give up points in the last few minutes to get it to 6.

I'd be thrilled. Basically if we shoot any better, kept our best players in, defended the 3 ball slightly better we would have dominated them but we still find a way to win inspite of all of that. Against the same team that beat a Washington State team picked right below us in preseason polls.

I feel like Lovering has made some real improvements, but he does have a ways to go.

add: EWU did beat Wash State, away, by 5. WSU only other loss was by 2, against USC. All of which means very little - except we can't think it's a "gimme"

Last edited:
I feel like Lovering has made some real improvements, but he does have a ways to go.

add: EWU did beat Wash State, away, by 5. WSU only other loss was by 2, against USC. All of which means very little - except we can't think it's a "gimme"
Well isn't he a freshman? He'll be fine. Needs to develop physically and mentally, but hopefully he'll get there. I don't think we have many gimme's, if any. These guys are just growing together, it'll take time.

I couldn’t make it up there tonight, but is the clock wrong on the PAC-12 network? Did we get a shot clock violation with only 23 seconds run off the main clock? What and how?

DA86BD52-947E-4458-B955-52859EC2D0F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Tad made sure our guards found religion after those recent performances. Kee, KJ, Eli and Hammond all playing hangry tonight.

Lovering - yes, he's finding his way and having struggles. But that kid is a fighter. Every time he has a rough play or stretch, I see him respond by attacking instead of hanging his head. Work in progress, but I have no doubt everyone's going to eventually be a big fan of him.

Tad made sure our guards found religion after those recent performances. Kee, KJ, Eli and Hammond all playing hangry tonight.

Lovering - yes, he's finding his way and having struggles. But that kid is a fighter. Every time he has a rough play or stretch, I see him respond by attacking instead of hanging his head. Work in progress, but I have no doubt everyone's going to eventually be a big fan of him.
Lovering. Rough start, but then stormed back. Not just talking about his finishes on offense, but a great long rebound high, then moved his feet quickly from the wing defense to stop a drive on the baseline. He can play. He could be great. Playing time this year is so valuable to his and the team’s future.

Back